BlackMaze

How can i recover faster after workouts?

50 posts in this topic

@The0Self i'm already lean more or less. I never was overweight in my life. The struggle is to gain weight. I'm making progress in that but it's slow, i should eat even more. 

I wish i had a pull up bar, i will find a way to get one while not damaging the door frames but for the moment i'm very happy with the gains i'm making with the program. The only problem is that my recovery is very slow and sometimes i need to wait 5-6 days until my legs are ok again. 

Thanks for the training suggestions guys. I will try them out after i finish this program. 

24 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

The only problem is that my recovery is very slow and sometimes i need to wait 5-6 days until my legs are ok again

This has nothing to do with recovery. Delayed onset muscle soreness is tangential to recovery. It means you're doing too much at once, but there is no reason to not train sore unless it's literally so painful you can't do it. No reason to train less than 3 times a week. Keep waiting until you aren't sore, and you'll continue to get sore. You need to train sore or ease into it.

@The0Self yeah it was so painful that i couldn't do it. I will just do something else when this happens like jogging 

If we look at the effect of steroids on body builders, it increase strength and recovery time, to the point they can train twice a day. There recovery is blazing fast.  

lol not saying to take steroids, but we can see there seems to be a relationship between higher testosterone and muscle recovery.

Simplest way to increase testosterone is with NoFap. hmm well simple not easy... 

Google ways to increase testosterone naturally, will learn all the things to avoid. 

Step one: Testicals. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral not that interests anybody but i fap rarely. In fact i wonder if it would be better if i did it more often. Maybe not doing it decreases my testosterone and not the other way around. Maybe it's not testosterone but yeah this would be interesting to test somehow to see how my testosterone is. I believe it's normal though. 

@BlackMaze Masturbation has literally no effect on testosterone. It does have an effect on active circulating prolactin for about 10 minutes, but then you produce PIH (prolactin inhibiting hormone; aka dopamine) and that reduces the prolactin. No-fap benefits may be psychological, they may even be physiological, but they have nothing to do with testosterone.

@integral That’s only when running like 1g of test a week. At least 600mg. And even then, it barely affects recovery, it’s more that it allows you to build muscle while sitting on your ass — it does have a synergistic effect with proper training though, and proper protein intake (>120g/d). And btw they often get up to 4 grams a week. Average test production is 50-150mg per week. TRT is 100-150 but you can get docs to go as high as 200-250 if you manipulate the test by just going off completely 3 weeks out every time you know a lab test is coming. You aren’t going to see any benefits from increasing test levels naturally, even if it were by an unheard-of, impossible amount like +40 percent.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self makes sense, the NoFap studies are claiming 40%+ testosterone gains. No idea how valid any of it is, but ejaculating once a day is enough to cause malnutrition, some people cant recoup the lost resources fast enough. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

- Eat a good meal after.

- Drink fuck tons of water. So what you normally drink, but force yourself to drink x2 that.

- Force yourself to add 1 hour of extra sleep onto that night you worked out.

Very simple stuff and you won't feel so awful the next day.

hrhrhtewgfegege

You take creatine or some other supplements. Whey protein should help as well as it's proteins. Muscle recovers much faster.

Edited by hyruga

14 hours ago, hyruga said:

You take creatine or some other supplements. Whey protein should help as well as it's proteins. Muscle recovers much faster.

If whey protein helps a muscle recover faster, it means the person was eating a diet deficient in protein. Optimal protein intake (assuming calorie surplus, particularly from a high-carb diet) for people doing resistance training and progressing on their lifts is usually about 120-150g/d. But 80-110g/d is only slightly inferior. Assuming relatively average lean body mass. And that's from serious lifting, not bodyweight or endurance exercises (unless they just started). Other populations might only need 60-100g/d. That's pretty easy to get from milk and eggs, or (if not vegetarian) beef and chicken. In a calorie deficit, protein needs can be a bit higher, but that's when whole foods are going to be even more desirable.

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

If whey protein helps a muscle recover faster, it means the person was eating a diet deficient in protein. Optimal protein intake (assuming calorie surplus, particularly from a high-carb diet) for people doing resistance training and progressing on their lifts is usually about 120-150g/d. But 80-110g/d is only slightly inferior. Assuming relatively average lean body mass. And that's from serious lifting, not bodyweight or endurance exercises (unless they just started). Other populations might only need 60-100g/d. That's pretty easy to get from milk and eggs, or (if not vegetarian) beef and chicken. In a calorie deficit, protein needs can be a bit higher, but that's when whole foods are going to be even more desirable.

Yes you are right. When I first started with exercising, I found Whey Protein to have helped. Yes it was primarily due to the fact that I wasn't eating enough proteins from eggs and milk. But I no longer take as much because I don't really like to bulk up.

Creatine also help with muscle recovery a lot. But all substances may come with risks. Check this article: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/creatine-recovery-delayed-onset-muscle-soreness

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

Yes you are right. When I first started with exercising, I found Whey Protein to have helped. Yes it was primarily due to the fact that I wasn't eating enough proteins from eggs and milk. But I no longer take as much because I don't really like to bulk up.

Creatine also help with muscle recovery a lot. But all substances may come with risks. Check this article: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/creatine-recovery-delayed-onset-muscle-soreness

horeshite. Better recovery is on a plant based diet, i have a lot of experice and done both. Dont listen to these kids. Protein is easy to get.

Edited by ilja

2 hours ago, ilja said:

horeshite. Better recovery is on a plant based diet, i have a lot of experice and done both. Dont listen to these kids. Protein is easy to get.

It isn't horseshite. It's real. It provides some benefits and also carries some risks. It also depends on whether you have the balls to try them. Same as steroids or psychedelics. 

I eat everything but mostly plant based stuff. Will creatine really help with the recovery? Is it always a good idea to supplement with it? Or is it not really necessary and helps only with the performance? 

5 hours ago, hyruga said:

It isn't horseshite. It's real. It provides some benefits and also carries some risks. It also depends on whether you have the balls to try them. Same as steroids or psychedelics. 

2 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

I eat everything but mostly plant based stuff. Will creatine really help with the recovery? Is it always a good idea to supplement with it? Or is it not really necessary and helps only with the performance? 

it can increase performance during training.

Edited by ilja

53 minutes ago, ilja said:

it can increase performance during training.

So that's the only benefit? 

17 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

So that's the only benefit? 

so that's the only benefit.