ArchangelG

Anyone into Languages??

46 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Kundalini Cataclysm said:

I speak German (mother tongue) and English completely fluently and Finnish pretty fluently within my vocabulary. Know some basic Swedish and French aswell. Rudimentary bits of Spanish and Latin can also be found in my mind.

Well maybe you can be my grammer coach. I have accumulated a fair vocabulary but in some ways my grammer ist furchtbar.

40 minutes ago, Kundalini Cataclysm said:

I speak German (mother tongue) and English completely fluently and Finnish pretty fluently within my vocabulary. Know some basic Swedish and French aswell. Rudimentary bits of Spanish and Latin can also be found in my 

Do you guys have advice for me to learn French? Currently i am taking 2 times per week french classes (5 hours in week total) also i am doing a bit of french in university. Currently i am doing B1 and would like to advance faster. What guidelines would you give me?

Would highly appreciate it, 

6 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

01F720A5-EA52-4EC1-B1D3-E4C790943E9F.png

Who are you going to talk to with that? Yourself? :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Ideally it’s supposed to be the secondary language I can talk with people from other countries.

Lernu Esperanto, paroli kun la mondo!

I read that it was made in order to unite the world, but it's based on indo-european languages. Haven't we basically united europe already with English? :P 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

My brother is Deaf, so I have been learning sign language.  I used to know Finnish as a small child due to having neighbors I would spend time with from Finland and they spoke in their native tongue.  Currently just English and rudimentary sign language atm.

He just signs and says a word, and I guess and as I talk, sometimes I sign back or have to spell it out if I don't know it.  My mother knows it well and when we move back in with them (place is being sold due to covid) she can help translate better so I will learn faster.

Don't invest in the virtual.
Focus on yourself.

?