Someone here

Fear of death

64 posts in this topic

@Someone here Well, if you arrive to a point in your spiritual journey when you completely realize that your true nature is the silent, still and never-changing present moment, you'll have your answer. I don't mean this in a condescending way though, I've only had glimpses of this. I usually contemplate the circle of Life. If you really think about it, death doesn't really exist. Change of form would be much more appropriate.

Here's a great quote from Eckhart Tolle:

When you walk through a forest that has not been tamed and interfered with by man, you will see not only abundant life all around you, but you will also encounter fallen trees and decaying trunks, rotting leaves and decomposing matter at every step. Wherever you look, you will find death as well as life. Upon closer scrutiny, however, you will discover that the decomposing tree trunk and rotting leaves not only give birth to new life, but are full of life themselves. Microorganisms are at work. Molecules are rearranging themselves. So death isn't to be found anywhere. There is only the metamorphosis of life forms. What can you learn from this? Death is not the opposite of life. Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.

@Mason Riggle I know the answer myself. Was Asking him to show my point.

@nistake perhaps you misunderstood or not seeing where I'm coming from.. Given that anything other than what is present right now is uncertain... How do you know your (personal) death is real?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I know all about oneness very well. 

Oneness is a fundamental truth. We are all made of the same physical components originating from the same source and our bodies were constructed out of our environment.. our bodies are at one with everything around it. The biological and environmental system are collectively one system. A change in either affects the other.

Oneness is synonymous with interdependence or 2 different ways in which you are saying the same thing. Everything - down to the atom - depends upon everything else for it to exist. This is similar to the Buddhist concept of 'emptiness' in that nothing possesses an independent existence.  So when body dies.. We observe it dissolving into the soil and Merging back with the universe.. Same like a cup of water if it's get thrown back at a lake.. I thought of that analogy before but I'm not certain.. This still in the realm of speculation. 

Oneness is 'much' more than this materialist 'we are all made of the same atoms' idea.

Reality is Consciousness and not the material universe. 

Live your life right now, and worry about the afterlife when it comes.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Reading multiple reports of near-death experiences helped me, personally.

The trilogy "Conversations with God" also does a nice job.

12 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Live your life right now, and worry about the afterlife when it comes.

If only it was so easy 

-Osho

There's "fear" because of death and nothing else in our human experience! 

Fear doesn't make sense! It's only ego-mind's mechanism to protect itself against this most unknown and mystery phenomena that conditioned mind knows absolutely nothing about it because to know death is to experience death. Simply by dying over and over one can overcome this illusion too. And I say it's an illusion because everything you experience is actually illusory in nature.

What the fuck it even means to die over and over?

In one of my intense mushroom trips "I" experienced dying for 3 fucking hours but actually for eternity and in all possible ways "I" could imagine! ?? 3 hours in intense mushroom trip is forever dude!  "I" simply died and died and fucking died until "I" realized nope, it's just impossible and doesn't even make sense to die haha.

Contemplate "experiencing" death! What?? What it is like to experience being dead? See It doesn't really make sense if you contemplate deeply. It's all just imaginary and Illusory in nature. The same illusory way you experience fir example happiness.

Edited by m0hsen

Just now, Someone here said:

If only it was so easy 

Then you must have a big fat ego.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

29 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

In one of my intense mushroom trips "I" experienced dying for 3 fucking hours but actually for eternity and in all possible ways "I" could imagine! ?? 3 hours in intense mushroom trip is forever dude!  "I" simply died and died and fucking died until "I" realized nope, it's just impossible and doesn't even make sense to die haha.

A delusional hallucination is not "actual death" one might argue.. Nevertheless it sounds like an interesting experience.

@Gesundheit relax on me a bit. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

I'm scared shitless of death.... 

Then maybe try dying :)

Its the fear of the unknown, but once you actually die it won't be unknown.  I don't mean kill yourself physically - I'm talking about spiritual awakening.

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

How to overcome fear of death?  

Awaken :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

A delusional hallucination is not "actual death" one might argue.. Nevertheless it sounds like an interesting experience.

@Gesundheit relax on me a bit. 

Actual death? What do you mean by that? 

If you're conscious that this very moment is who you are and not mixture of thoughts, emotions and perceptions, how can you possibly imagine the death of the Now? 

Btw stay away from mushrooms really! Specially "Penis Envy Albino". Mushrooms are absolute worst hallucinogenic substances to experience ego-death IMO.

Edited by m0hsen

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

relax on me my big fat ego a bit. 

xD

"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can not exist when I do?" - Epicurus

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

40 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Mushrooms are absolute worst hallucinogenic substances to experience ego-death IMO.

Why is that?

51 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Actual death? What do you mean by that?

Death of the body.  Ever heard of that? 

@Inliytened1 I consider myself awake. 

@Gesundheit sometimes it's hard to take you seriously bro. 

-Osho

Your afraid of the thought of death. Not actual death, since you don't know how the ACTUAL experience of death will feel like.

Old lady once told me:

Now you are living, and you worry about that. When you die, you worry about that.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

43 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can not exist when I do?" - Epicurus

Haha this assumes death is annihilation. What if it is something else? ;)

-Osho

32 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Why is that?

Because it's not direct and very badly fucks with your subconscious mind and memory! you gonna feel like you fucked your life FOREVER and damaged you psyche ,and you gonna be insane like this and psychologically damaged for fucking ever! and at the same time you absolutely know you are dying and time literally stops. I remember I was checking my phone every minute and time literally were stopped for me! one experienced the illusion of HELL in it's perfection!

if you wanna try mushroom go for "Golden Teacher", never ever touch "Penis Envy Albino", this shit is literally pure poison!  in my golden teacher trip "I" melted in love and bliss like something I've never ever could imagine! easily could surrender everything like how you surrender when you go to sleep, absolutely positive trip. but I don't call those "Penis Envy" trips bad trips because you can learn a lot from any experience really.

Edited by m0hsen

just say goodbye to everything and die every night then weep tears of gratitude if you should happen to wake up, in all senses of the word

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Haha this assumes death is annihilation. What if it is something else? ;)

I guess we can debate the meaning of the word 'death'.   Haha this assumes annihilation is obliteration. What if it's something else? ;) 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."