Schahin

Are enlightened beings able to not get ever bored?

29 posts in this topic

@m0hsen I do enjoy periods of meditation, yes. But I couldn't do it permanently and enjoy it and not experience boredom. See, If I would do nothing for longer periods, let's say meditate on my bed, my back will start to hurt eventually, I will experience hunger, thirst, sleepiness, boredom, and if I do it long enough, I will even have sexual feelings. From these consequences, hunger, thirst, sleepiness are feelings that are associated with the physical body. Biological tendencies which are no escaping from. It does not matter that you are not identified to your ego, they still arise in the experience of your individual self. Now, boredom, is just the same. It is a feeling that has the potential to arise in anyone, no matter your identification. It is your feeling if it arises in your mind, no matter the realisation it is not really yours. That you are above the feeling. But as you say, you can learn to enjoy the present moment and be completely fine, as you have. But this depends on your personality and training of your mind. You will still have a personality after you awaken and are present all the time. Not everyone wants to authentically be doing nothing for their whole existance and be happy doing it, even if he is fully liberated. If you think about moving to a cave somewhere high up in the mountains, going there living for your whole existance, would you not become bored? Or would it be so authentic to your personality that you can enjoy it 100%? I think boredom is just there because humans have the need to experience different emotions/feelings/experiences that when you lack them, you start to create resistance to the non experience of them. You can transend the identification to your mind, but not the mind itself. But anways, I'm glad that you don't experience boredom at all. I still have it from time to time. Not neccessarly that I suffer from it. What matters for me is that I'm working on my vision that eventually lead to more exciting opportunities for me. It's all about potential and getting the fullest out of life.

Eckhart Tolle has described boredom as essentially egoic. It is the conditioned mind complaining about the present moment, and demanding phenomenal excitement.

He spent the first 3 years following his awakening sitting on park benches and simply observing trees and people, loving every moment of it. He estimates that his actual thinking compared to before awakening has reduced by 80%.

Boredom is just one of the myriad forms of unnecessary suffering that our mind inflicts on itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

By definition in the buddhist sense at least, yes, along the way boredom will cease. Complete equanimity means that no state of being is unsatisfactory.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

i believe that boredom is one of the last obstacles ... boredom is mind saying, this moment is crap and can't we get to the next moment already

life is not made of many moments, life is purely this moment

if you experienced this here moment with utter totality and undivided presence ... you life will have been worthwhile and  indeed perfect

this very moment is an overwhelming miracle and is supreme perfection, use that as a meditation mantra

Edited by gettoefl
missed word

Before enlightenment, watch cat videos on YouTube. After enlightenment, watch cat videos on YouTube.

Just now, Tim R said:

Before enlightenment, watch cat videos on YouTube. After enlightenment, watch dog videos on YouTube.

Fixed that for you xD ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Not enlightened here but, I'm never bored, there's lots 'to do' even meditate ? or go within and explore infinite worlds. What's boredom, again? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 25/02/2021 at 8:38 PM, Schahin said:

Hello dear people, 

My question is more towards people that have reached ultimate truth and knowledge of emptiness in order to find out if it is is possible to never ever get bored again no matter the circumstances? 

I am asking because imagine you are somewhere totally alone, you are unemployed, you have no friends, no pets, no activities. 

But you are experienced in enlightenment techniques that showed you the emptiness of reality that actually nothing exists. Basically you shouldnt get bored in these circunstances.

But why did we incarnate in the first place?  In order to experience something, in order to do something, to interact with others. 

What is your opinion? Can total enlightenment make it impossible for somebody ever get bored again with nothing to do nothing to interact with but still experiencing the existence as a human being? 

I am asking this because I sometimes imagine living alone in naturr and not even sell anything but just to live off the air and nature around me. I know it's possible due to the prana energy from the plants but is it possible not to get bored also? 

One does not have to be enlightened to have boredom not overcome them.

I am not enlightened and I never experience boredom. There’s far too much to do in life to ever get bored. Boredom usually stems from a deeper issue, such as that of psychological dependency.

I wouldn’t say boredom is the best measure of enlightenment since it is far to relative. Ones attention to the present moment and absence of thought is probably a measure.

But If you experience boredom I would estimate you aren't being creative or engaged enough in life.

Boredom is a fabrication of the mind in an attempt to mask how much there is actually to do.

Edited by Jacobsrw

I remember that eternal bliss breaks because of boredom so it's not the ultimate. I wonder if there is such thing as the ultimate.