Schahin

Are enlightened beings able to not get ever bored?

29 posts in this topic

Hello dear people, 

My question is more towards people that have reached ultimate truth and knowledge of emptiness in order to find out if it is is possible to never ever get bored again no matter the circumstances? 

I am asking because imagine you are somewhere totally alone, you are unemployed, you have no friends, no pets, no activities. 

But you are experienced in enlightenment techniques that showed you the emptiness of reality that actually nothing exists. Basically you shouldnt get bored in these circunstances.

But why did we incarnate in the first place?  In order to experience something, in order to do something, to interact with others. 

What is your opinion? Can total enlightenment make it impossible for somebody ever get bored again with nothing to do nothing to interact with but still experiencing the existence as a human being? 

I am asking this because I sometimes imagine living alone in naturr and not even sell anything but just to live off the air and nature around me. I know it's possible due to the prana energy from the plants but is it possible not to get bored also? 

Edited by Schahin

The inability to get bored does not make you a boring person ;) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Desire to be black thing tells a lot, ha. 

Huge addiction to Alice in wonderland how it wouldn't be when it's all you've (think/beleive) ever known. 

Like taking off heroin/life as you know it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Not boredom but like what @Nahm likes to say "Nothing ever happened", "welcome home" or whatever.

With real uncoditional Love for what it is(already you) you will ask yourself why continue this because you might start losing preferences and desire to dream. Maybe one trap of this work. 

You indeed feel as Love and at maybe higher levels really as God but it feels empty somehow. 

Why it feels empty even if it's supreme stuff. 

Well actual awekening is death and to really feel this way, your boy/girl will be pretty much already dead (any type of indentification with "npc") and you will completelly unify. 

So some sort of balance is needed to keep you interested in dreaming but for that you really have to be authentic and honest. 

1 hour ago, Schahin said:

My question is more towards people that have reached ultimate truth and knowledge of emptiness

It's impossible for a person to reach ultimate truth, in the same way as it's impossible for a movie character to be a screen. The screen is peace/happiness/joy. The true nature of the screen won't be noticed while the screen sees itself as a movie character.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Schahin No, it's just impossible.

Boredom is the consequence of ones lack of consciousness. You simply are saying "I'm unconscious AF" by saying "I'm bored".

Once one expanded one's consciousness beyond default identification with ego-mind like ordinary man, one cannot even imagine being that unconscious again. 

7 minutes ago, allislove said:

It's impossible for a person to reach ultimate truth, in the same way as it's impossible for a movie character to be a screen. The screen is peace/happiness/joy. The true nature of the screen won't be noticed while the screen sees itself as a movie character.

Agreed. 

Yet now I thought 'bout like how it would be for me (skip me with being always correct this time) if I was born in Burkina Faso and to lets say have this levels of realizations.

I would honestly cut off my balls. xD

Boredom is simply ego's defense mechanism to fight against the very present moment which of course is the source of the ego.

The more you stay in the present moment having nothing to do to distract yourself of yourself, the more you harass your ego, so of course expect some strong resistances towards This.

ego won't simply sit and watch it's death.

And of course this whole thing about ego are just illusions and nothing else, eventually you'll see there's not a separate being from you living inside you called Ego! Once consciousness expanded all these illusions are gone!

Edited by m0hsen

4 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Boredom is resistance. 

Yup.

Boredom is ego telling you to change your external world. Spirituality is ego telling you to change your internal world. Enlightenment is when internal and external becomes one xD

Boredom just means you don't have interesting shit to do. 

If that enlightened being is on his purpose, waking up everyday excited, fully alligned with himself, then who knows, he will never be bored?

Boredom is not a consequence of lack of consciousness. You can be fully self realized but not present.

It's more the degree to which you are present that correlates with the amount of boredom you feel. As well as how alligned you are with yourself.

knowing and embodying absolute Truth is just that. You will always be your human little self and boredom is a part of that experience of what it means to be human. 

Don't see everything through the non duality lens, it's confusing 

41 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

Boredom just means you don't have interesting shit to do. 

If that enlightened being is on his purpose, waking up everyday excited, fully alligned with himself, then who knows, he will never be bored?

Boredom is not a consequence of lack of consciousness. You can be fully self realized but not present.

It's more the degree to which you are present that correlates with the amount of boredom you feel. As well as how alligned you are with yourself.

knowing and embodying absolute Truth is just that. You will always be your human little self and boredom is a part of that experience of what it means to be human. 

Don't see everything through the non duality lens, it's confusing 

See, you still talking about an ego-self in that being, I assumed one transcended one's ego-mind and removed identifications to some great degrees in his "sober awakening". so, huge reduction in the thought process and automatically being in the present moment all the time would be the consequence of such awakening. I'm referring to Eckhart Tolle kind of enlightenment.

I acknowledge one can also experience Absolute Truth with none sober methods in whatever level he is at and comeback from the high to his ego-self state. but I don't consider that liberation. I simply talked about liberated beings.

Edited by m0hsen

10 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

See, you still talking about an ego-self in that being, I assumed one transcended one's ego-mind and removed identifications to some great degrees in his "sober awakening". so, huge reduction in the thought process and automatically being in the present moment all the time would be the consequence of such awakening. I'm referring to Eckhart Tolle kind of enlightenment.

I acknowledge one can also experience Absolute Truth with none sober methods in whatever level he is at and comeback from the high to his ego-self state. but I don't consider that liberation. I simply talked about liberated beings.

Do you personally experience boredom? Do you have the experience of being Eckhart tolle? Imagine that Eckhart tolle doesn't have anything to do during his days. Would he really be comfortable sitting on a balcony all day staring at some plants for weeks, months, years? Would that really be realistic to not experience boredom in this situation? We can't assume that a 'liberated' or 'enlightened' being is present 24/7. This is almost impossible. We are still connected to ourselves on a human level where we have certain tendencies that prevent us from being in a blissful/peaceful state when you are not alligned with yourself as an individual. It requires training of one's mind to still it so it is more in a present state more often and for longer periods, so periods of doing nothing does not bother you so much. Awakening is just de-identifying with the content, but not stopping the arrising of thoughts and transcending the the mechanics of our mind. Maybe Eckhart tolle is never bored? Who knows, but that has probably more to do with him being alligned with himself. talking about liberation is also very context specific and there are so many nuances to be made. Yes, okay, if you say when one is fully present 100% - he is liberated. But can one really be 100% liberated all the time considering how our mind works? These beings just deal differently with boredom than the people who are identified to their egoic consciousness. They suffer less.  

@Schahin An enlightened person is not above bordeom. Not at all! You are a human being and you will experience all emotions, including boredom.

Having said that, once you become enlightened, you stop taking things for granted. You stop taking the formed life for granted, you stop taking life for granted. You start to become very grateful for the life that you have, for a working body, a working mind, working organs, experiencing life, etc. Life becomes Infinitely Beautiful. You will be able to find beauty in the smallest of things. You will be able to grow yourself in any situation, no matter what. The present-moment experience will be enough to keep you going and you will never be stuck in your life. This is because you won't be identified with a limited, static form, you will be identified with the ever-changing current of forms.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

imagine being put in solitary confinement for the rest of your life. If you are fully enlightened, you may not get bored, you see that it is something chosen by you in some way and you get the most out of it, you go deep inside yourself, and your existence is rich, wonderful. I speak only hypothetically but I think it is possible

1 hour ago, JonasVE12 said:

Do you personally experience boredom?

No

Never again after my sober awakening with meditation and self-inquiry and other concentration practices I did before the awakening, everything shifted to some high degrees from a state of ever suffering and depression because of thought process to being in the Now aware of everything (the self or awareness is always in the now aware of everything! either you realize it or not, your realization of it depends on what you identify yourself with), kind of shifted to open awareness, there's still some thoughts which arise from time to time, but very very minor thoughts and have zero power over me. and all sufferings one was experiencing before the awakening completely ended. either sitting in silence or watching a movie or any other actions the stillness of mind is always there! 

but does it matter really? either am "I" experiencing these or not you can never experience me , so it don't matter really.

Do you have the experience of being Eckhart tolle

No, but I know how a person with a still mind experience life.

Imagine that Eckhart tolle doesn't have anything to do during his days. Would he really be comfortable sitting on a balcony all day staring at some plants for weeks, months, years? Would that really be realistic to not experience boredom in this situation? We can't assume that a 'liberated' or 'enlightened' being is present 24/7

if one is still highly identified with his ego-mind, its hard to understand how one can just sit and enjoy doing nothing. Ramana Maharshi lived his life really that simple. do you enjoy meditation or not?

We are still connected to ourselves on a human level where we have certain tendencies that prevent us from being in a blissful/peaceful state when you are not alligned with yourself as an individual

don't imagine these limits on yourself, you as the self are not identical to your ego-mind's false imaginary self. You can easily let go of the thought process and enjoy the present moment all the time, it just requires certain practices.

It requires training of one's mind to still it so it is more in a present state more often and for longer periods, so periods of doing nothing does not bother you so much

Yes of course.

Awakening is just de-identifying with the content, but not stopping the arrising of thoughts and transcending the the mechanics of our mind

Yes, thoughts will arise but with zero identification and power over you. which is simply like experience of  hearing a sound. you see thoughts at what it is really, you don't make any meaning out of the thought's content. it's freedom from thoughts.

But can one really be 100% liberated all the time considering how our mind works?

Yes if your mind loses it's power over you with the practices. there's degrees to this.

These beings just deal differently with boredom than the people who are identified to their egoic consciousness. They suffer less.  

I'm not enlightened, but in my current state I cant imagine how Ramana Maharshi could experience boredom really, the mind simply transcends so these experiences who belong to ego-self will also be transcended too.

Edited by m0hsen

45 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

@Schahin An enlightened person is not above bordeom. Not at all! You are a human being and you will experience all emotions, including boredom.

Eeeeeeh... You sure about that? I don't think boredom is simply an emotion, atleast the regular type of boredom where people will hurt themselves to escape it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28130690

Edited by Carl-Richard

11 hours ago, Schahin said:

Can total enlightenment make it impossible for somebody ever get bored again with nothing to do nothing to interact with but still experiencing the existence as a human being? 

I am asking this because I sometimes imagine living alone in nature and not even sell anything but just to live off the air and nature around me. I know it's possible due to the prana energy from the plants but is it possible not to get bored also? 

Boredom is a human emotion that appears. You seem to be asking if it's possible for boredom to never appear within a human being. I suppose it's possible.

And it depends on your definition of "total enlightenment". For example, we could define "total enlightenment" as "awareness of what is". In this regard, enlightenment isn't boredom - rather boredom appears in enlightenment. 

When you observe another person experiencing boredom, are you the boredom that person is experiencing?