onacloudynight

I've noticed the quality of consciousness on this forum is decreasing

35 posts in this topic

I've noticed the quality of consciousness on this forum seems to be decreasing. I remember a few years ago it seemed to be more focused on raising your consciousness and there wasn't a lot of influence from the outside. 

It seems now that there is more freedom for people to be themselves, at whatever level they're at. This causes the forum to be mixed with other ideologies and belief patterns that didn't originate from here. I don't know lol. It just seems like a free for all ?

Over-saturation, more ego, yay ?

Edited by onacloudynight

It's always been more of a marketplace than a temple. 

All stories and explanations are false.

Honestly this forum is for entertainment more than serious consciousness work. If you expect it to be more than that.. It was your fault. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Huh. Did the forum change, or did you?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

4 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

It seems now that there is more freedom for people to be themselves, at whatever level they're at.

I would take that any day over some pretentious no-ego-stroking.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It can be about your vibration perhaps. When I feel high, I see the forum as an enlightening place and when I feel low, I see it as a trouble. The forum, like everything else, is a mirror of our minds. It, like, doesn't exist in that sense. 

This forum is basically a place where I can perform mental masturbation with people who more or less have experience stroking it in similar ways as me. Of course as Leo and actualized.org become more mainstream there will be more beginners coming into the forum. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I see that many here think they are enlightened already and share what worked for them. I like that, but maybe none of them are enlightened, or a few are, or all are. And sometimes Leo chime in and say something like "you guys haven't even seen God's tits yet, keep going", and they will be like "but Leo, I'm nothing! There is no one here to keep going", and then they just agree to disagree :)

7 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

This forum is basically a place where I can perform mental masturbation with people who more or less have experience stroking it in similar ways as me. Of course as Leo and actualized.org become more mainstream there will be more beginners coming into the forum. 

I personally vibe with this particular type of stroking :D

It is the only place in the history of mankind where people from all over the world interested in enlightenment meet and share points of view. seems little to you? well ... I think it's more than a lot

16 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

And sometimes Leo chime in and say something like "you guys haven't even seen God's tits yet, keep going", and they will be like "but Leo, I'm nothing! There is no one here to keep going", and then they just agree to disagree :)

Omfg this is the best thing I've read in a long while! xD Man I wish I could favorite posts.

EDIT: Nvm, I just discovered the bookmark function b9c.png

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Seraphim

13 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I see that many here think they are enlightened already and share what worked for them. I like that, but maybe none of them are enlightened, or a few are, or all are. And sometimes Leo chime in and say something like "you guys haven't even seen God's tits yet, keep going", and they will be like "but Leo, I'm nothing! There is no one here to keep going", and then they just agree to disagree :)

Enlightenment is quit paradoxical.

It’s still an interesting forum. I’ve hung around on a few Buddhist forums, and this is a very different approach to enlightenment. I get the impression that it is a much younger average age who come here. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

Think of not what your forum can do for you but what you can do for the forum.

Quality of consciousness never changes. “Change”, like “motion”, is an illusion of thought claiming perception is causation, while you are caustically emitting of yourself, unknowingly creating the experience you are experiencing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Wanting it to be pure and you to belong to a higher class than other people that may lack some understanding in something and are decreasing the quality is the way you choose to see it. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, onacloudynight said:

It seems now that there is more freedom for people to be themselves, at whatever level they're at.

You can take in information from anyone at any level of development. Also, being here helped me move more into tier 2. Hard to see where you land without being around anyone who is more developed. 

Also, the more "developed" one becomes, then it is less of an issues where others are at.

Edited by Average Investor

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

Quality of consciousness never changes. “Change”, like “motion”, is an illusion of thought claiming perception is causation, while you are caustically emitting of yourself, unknowingly creating the experience you are experiencing. 

:x:x:x

p.s i just got brand new laptop so i will practice my "thoughts" here much better

On 2/25/2021 at 1:22 AM, onacloudynight said:

I've noticed the quality of consciousness on this forum seems to be decreasing. I remember a few years ago it seemed to be more focused on raising your consciousness and there wasn't a lot of influence from the outside. 

It seems now that there is more freedom for people to be themselves, at whatever level they're at. This causes the forum to be mixed with other ideologies and belief patterns that didn't originate from here. I don't know lol. It just seems like a free for all ?

Over-saturation, more ego, yay ?

That’s just, like...your opinion, man.

I’ve had this internal struggle myself where I am demonstrably more self-aware, less destructive, and live a simpler life than many people around me. If I point this out to them and give myself an appearance of superiority, would that be helpful in any way? I doubt it. But  it’s hard to resist sometimes. It’s just ego trying to hijack the concept of consciousness for its own gain.