Lyubov

Moving to a different country to find a girlfriend

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Jesus H Christ LMAO. What a ridiculous, immature, and irresponsible reason to move to another COUNTRY, let alone another city. I hope this would never be the centerpiece reason or top priority of why someone would choose to move across the world.

If you can't get laid or find a girlfriend within your own culture and country, packing up and moving your entire life isn't going to solve that, it's clear there are way deeper issues and skills to work on that this suggestion just seems like a hilarious colossal (and expensive) distraction.

Not to mention there is the factor that it's probably at least x4 time easier to hook up with someone cross culturally as having sex or being in a relationship with a foreigner seems to be something that's highly fetishized. That dynamic can be exciting but takes away from the challenge of it imo and makes it harder to work long term.

I disagree. It's a fine reason to move abroad. I don't necessarily disagree with every point though. If you are moving abroad to find a gf/bf you likely do have some inner problems to look at which can be worked on while abroad. It's a form of taking action. Better than sitting at home in a place you've grown deeply resentful of. Sometimes a big change can get a person unstuck. I'm speaking from experience. I improved drastically with women when I traveled. Anecdotally a friend of mine as well who was having problems at home dating did as well and is currently in a long term relationship with a beautiful and smart Russian girl. It's what you make of it. 

Edited by Lyubov

A lot of guys are limited due to the city or location they are in. he doesn't list cities off here but sort of goes over the disadvantages your location may be having on your dating life. consider setting a goal if you aren't able to financially yet to relocate to a city with a ton more options. moving abroad can be great but I recommend if you do really commit to stay for a few years and integrate into the local culture as much as possible, learn the language, make tons of friends, etc. it won't automatically solve your entire dating life but it will open up way more doors that usually won't be there in your home town of retired people and families. tiny cities that aren't really "cool" or the suburbs are going to be much more difficult to build a sort of abundance feeling in. 

Edited by Lyubov

This is why I am seriously considering moving to somewhere within Los Angeles in about 6 months to a year from now. I live about a couple of hours away from there and I have a few months left before I am done with my school program.