tuckerwphotography

Gender roles in Stage Green

28 posts in this topic

@tuckerwphotography Perhaps although I have to ask how old the people you're talking to are? I just don't see what you see so maybe possibly those folks still have some boomer-ish ideas depending on the age.

@Dryas Young, 20-35 mainly, similar to the women featured in the film in my original post. But generally these are folks who have done a good amount of inner healing transformational work and are spiritually attuned to some degree, so that might be a factor. Not sure, tbh.

@tuckerwphotography I don’t think that’s it tbh. I’ve seen a few Trump supporters pretend and some hardcore conservatives pretend to be spiritual too. 

1 hour ago, Dryas said:

@tuckerwphotography I don’t think that’s it tbh. I’ve seen a few Trump supporters pretend and some hardcore conservatives pretend to be spiritual too. 

@Dryas These are some of my good friends I'm talking about, not random people I briefly met. They're not Trump supporters nor "pretending" to be spiritual (whatever that means)...though I do know some of those folks too :)

51 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Dryas These are some of my good friends I'm talking about, not random people I briefly met. They're not Trump supporters nor "pretending" to be spiritual (whatever that means)...though I do know some of those folks too :)

Sure, I just think it’s possible to have some conservative views even while being otherwise progressive or spiritual. I also just don’t see how abolishing gender or gender roles is orange (which leads me to think what I said above is true) because it’s so out of line with my experience observing green online spaces. 

@tuckerwphotography Thank you for posting, this was interesting.

Green, on the other hand, seems to value authenticity over conforming to the mainstream masculine society, and they seem to re-embrace celebrating the differences between the two genders in a way that almost feels closer to Blue than Orange.

Maybe because Blue and Green are collectivist whereas Orange and Yellow are individualist. The few interviewed were likely not pure Green. Most people are a mix.

It's also interesting to think about how this further evolves with Stage Yellow once that comes more online. Currently it feels the most prominent Yellow voices out there are all men. 

How would a Yellow female answer those subjective questions? How can we know which stage is speaking? Maybe Teal Swan and @Barbara are Yellow. 

Edited by artcastle
added in the quotes

On 2/24/2021 at 9:08 PM, tuckerwphotography said:

It's interesting to think about which of these perspectives will win out in the long run or if they'll be integrated together into a cohesive whole

We will probably never agee on how we should be discussing gender in the very first place. That is, discussion of normative gender roles is one way of talking about gender, as is discussion of gender as a social construct, and these two ways of talking about gender are really coming at the subject from two different directions. The inability to agree on how to properly discuss gender is probably why these conversations tend to be so polarizing.

On the other hand, I think we're coming to a place where we can agree that every person has the (pretty much absolute) right to express and experience their own personal relationship to gender in whatever way feels most comfortable. So how we do or do not discuss gender is really secondary to people simply living their lives as best as they know how.

Quite honestly, I think we might all be happiest if we ultimately allow gender to be a bit of mystery B|

On 2/26/2021 at 7:01 AM, Dryas said:

I say abolish and get rid of it. There’s a reason why certain people experience gender dysphoria.

I can't help but detect a whiff of trans-erasure in this comment of yours. Do you not think there are trans people who strongly identify with the gender role of the gender with which they identify?

1 hour ago, Boethius said:

I can't help but detect a whiff of trans-erasure in this comment of yours. Do you not think there are trans people who strongly identify with the gender role of the gender with which they identify?

I think abolishing gender is something most trans people already agree with, so probably not.