Phyllis Wagner

Online Dating driving me NUTS

92 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, PigeonPark said:

When a girl doesn’t respond to your texts, does this mean she is playing hard to get or is she not interested?

Dont wory about that. Do your own thing and when she responds assume she is interested. If she doesnt then move on.

And dont text too much, if she respond make a date. If you are not dating for atleast two months with a girl then keep the texting only for making dates.

I think you can be considered "less attractive" by strangers and women will still like you if you don't treat them with respect and are arrogant. It's manipulative, but I see many seemingly less attractive men with dad bods pulling hot women. They treat them nice at first then progressively start to be more arrogant, full of themselves, and emotionally detached.

Women do like abs though but they also assume it means the guy is full of themselves or a narcissist. ?

@PigeonPark if they are interested they let it be known and bombard you with messages. If they are not interested and she goes over a week without messaging don't think about her and move on.

5 minutes ago, Armand said:

@PigeonPark if they are interested they let it be known and bombard you with messages. If they are not interested and she goes over a week without messaging don't think about her and move on.

I agree but in some cases she can be testing you or manipulating you. However it doesnt change the fact that in all cases is better to let them pursue you.

Do you know what is the worst part? Even if you get matches, lots of them will go nowhere, some wont respond, some of them will text you a little and then stop. 

@Preety_India I agree, Tinder isn't really a great app and I believe it's full of catfish and prostitution at this point. Nobody ik who's single uses it at all but hits on girls/guys using Instagram, Omegle, VR chat, Reddit or Discord. Okcupid, meetme, those also are fairly full of fake people now. I'm seeing a new trend though, which is embarrassing to see!! Grown 30+ men hitting on girls using TikTok.. it's not even a dating app and they put videos of "looking for my soulmate." Sad.

Dating norms now are complex and people want to cheat on one another due to feeling either bored or confined in a monogamous relationship when they realize there are a multitude of people out there ready to meet. Seeing lots of 2 girls and 1 guy couples popping up within with my mutuals. ?

Edited by Armand

On 27/02/2021 at 9:38 AM, zeroISinfinity said:

Most of the girls there are ones who can't find boyfriend by normal means, have some psychological/health problems or are collecting followers for their instagram accounts. 

So much judgement. The apps aren't perfect, but you'd be an absolute fool to not be using them if you are single/looking for a relationship.

Theres plenty of awesome, genuine, cute girls on the dating apps who are just looking for some real intimacy and connection with a man. 

Bumble and Hinge are my go to apps. Tinder is questionable, i'll admit, but still has potential.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

7 hours ago, Space said:

The apps aren't perfect, but you'd be an absolute fool to not be using them if you are single/looking for a relationship.

Girls have much bigger standarts on dating apps thats fact. It can even lower your self esteem if you do online dating only. I did pick-up a hot girl from street and she had 100+ unanswered messages on dating apps. That girl probably wouldnt give me a change in online world even though most girls consider me handsome, in online world its not enough for them. In the vast majority of cases when i got dates from online apps it was with below average girls. You better put the work in real world than online apps, its much more fairer enviroment for most men.

Edited by AdamR95

On 3/2/2021 at 9:11 AM, kras said:

Do you know what is the worst part? Even if you get matches, lots of them will go nowhere, some wont respond, some of them will text you a little and then stop. 

On 2/25/2021 at 11:57 AM, Phyllis Wagner said:

Yes that's the part that drives people nuts.

2 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

Girls have much bigger standarts on dating apps thats fact. It can even lower your self esteem if you do online dating only. I did pick-up a hot girl from street and she had 100+ unanswered messages on dating apps. That girl probably wouldnt give me a change in online world even though most girls consider me handsome, in online world its not enough for them. In the vast majority of cases when i got dates from online apps it was with below average girls. You better put the work in real world than online apps, its much more fairer enviroment for most men.

and  fairier for women too 

Girls have much bigger standarts on dating apps thats fact. It can even lower your self esteem if you do online dating only. I did pick-up a hot girl from street and she had 100+ unanswered messages on dating apps. That girl probably wouldnt give me a change in online world even though most girls consider me handsome, in online world its not enough for them. 

I'd say a girls standards are roughly the same on the apps as they are on the street. Its just a completely different dynamic and guys obviously can't express their confidence properly through a dating app. So the girls have to judge the guys based on their profile or on how the guy looks. So it seems like girls have super high standards, but really they're just working with what they got. If you were presented with 50 girls who wanted to go on a date with you, you'd pick the hottest girls. This isn't because you have high standards. 

But i'm not disagreeing with what you said. Of course this isn't great for guys. If you want a girl to judge you based on your confidence and personality, rather than or in addition to your looks, then cold approach is the way to go. I'm a big proponent of day game, despite it being exceedingly painful and challenging.

In the vast majority of cases when i got dates from online apps it was with below average girls. You better put the work in real world than online apps, its much more fairer enviroment for most men.

Maybe 'average', but not 'below average'. I wouldn't even go on a date with what I would perceive to be below average girl. To be honest though I don't have much experience with women so right now i'm kinda content with an 'average' girl. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

9 hours ago, Space said:

Maybe 'average', but not 'below average'. I wouldn't even go on a date with what I would perceive to be below average girl. 

Thats another downside, you dont know that in beforehand.

9 hours ago, Space said:

Of course this isn't great for guys. If you want a girl to judge you based on your confidence and personality, rather than or in addition to your looks, then cold approach is the way to go.

I am more good-looking than charismatic and i still had better success in day game. Even though i had optimazed my online game pretty much. I can get dates with average girls from online but its too much work and i still dont get matches from the top kvality girls but with these girls i can get dates if i approach them in real life.