How to be wise

Does tap water contain heavy metals?

36 posts in this topic

Can drinking tap water cause heavy metal poisoning? 

I switched from bottled water to tap water after I discovered that the plastic bottle takes away some of the nutrients from the water. But I wonder if tap water is a healthy alternative? Does it contain toxic metals?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I think that it depends where you live...I would narrow this down a bit. Use local information. The quality varies a great deal.

Here we go again. 

Check with your local government. 

Please make the effort to buy a decent Water filtration counter top RO and drink pure clean water. 

I just don't understand the need to rely on tap water so much. 

Unless you're totally sure that your tap water is perfectly clean coming from the mountains. 

If you can spend money on movies and entertainment, why can't you spend a bit on healthy water? 

Imagine spending thousands of dollars on medical bills. 

In comparison, a counter top RO costs you barely anything unless you're a student living in a dorm. 

Please invest on clean water 

Remember tap water comes through pipelines that are used for many years, they are never changed frequently, they have deposits in them from constant long term use, these metals and chemicals get into your water, 

Also government, almost every government puts substances like chlorine, fluoride and God knows what else into the water without informing the citizens 

Trust me that your water contains chemicals without your knowledge unless it's directly sourced purest spring water. 

You ain't getting such heavenly water in today's globally polluted world, because pollution spreads everywhere eventually. 

We live in an heavily industrialized 21st century Era where no air or soil or water is going to be 100% mother nature gifted original. Everything is different from what it must have been in Jesus's times 

Even the fishes have metals in them. 

So take some help from modern technology and drink clean water. 

Also don't drink from plastic bottle. Because it's packaged and stored for long hours on the store shelf. 

That's like drinking stale water that's been sitting for long hours. That plastic also gives a bad taste, smell and feel to the water. Also bad for the environment with so many plastic bottles lying around. 

I remember plastic bottles scattered in my room in the US, I had like 30 bottles lying around. I was getting sick of the plastic. And disposing them everyday. 

Too much plastic. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India world ain't all that bad. You gotta see some positivity around you as well otherwise life becomes and endless row of suffering and avoidance of harm ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 having an RO is super important. It's not about bad or good. But clean water free of chemicals. 

It does depend on region though. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@How to be wise I've recently gotten into this health and detox thing after reading all the posts in this forum's archive. My current thoughts are that it's very difficult to completely avoid all these plastics or even completely all these metals, and so it I now look for things which actively detox the body.

Doesn't mean it can't be avoided. But avoiding tap water all together seems difficult and time consuming. Doesn't mean you can't make the effort to avoid it though or install a whatever filter. I'll keep playing around with this water distiller I have, it's just fun really. 

A good book arrived in the mail today, "The Mercury Detoxification Manual" by Andrew Cutler. Its the book everyone here seems to consult on general heavy metal detox. Is it expensive and a semi waste of money? Perhaps, only time will tell after I apply the advice. But I don't buy many other things. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:10 PM, How to be wise said:

Can drinking tap water cause heavy metal poisoning?

Absolutely. It's a guarantee. No city is filtering out heavy metals from tap water.

You'd be an imbecile to drink it. You might as well lick public toilet seats while you're at it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Absolutely. It's a guarantee. No city is filtering out heavy metals from tap water.

You'd be an imbecile to drink it. You might as well lick public toilet seats while you're at it.

Would having RO help then? Or are those small Tap Water filters enough?

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How about boiling the water on a kettle? Surely that should help remove the heavy metals?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Definitely worth researching how to adequately filter your water.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

How about boiling the water on a kettle? Surely that should help remove the heavy metals?

Yup we got TAPPED here.

2 sec google search says no :

Screenshot_2021-02-26-04-38-55-986_com.android.chrome.jpg

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@Jacob Morres  Me as well

I am looking at this right now 

reverse osmosis... Might be able to afford it next week...

https://www.amazon.ca/KFLOW-Drinking-Filter-Purifier-Kitchen/dp/B07H6CSP5Y/ref=pd_di_sccai_3?pd_rd_w=SNsRg&pf_rd_p=e92f388e-b766-4f7f-aac1-ee1d0056e8fb&pf_rd_r=H6AM3TYPNN1NDGMZCVZA&pd_rd_r=18ef844a-77a8-42e8-aa26-164ecc818786&pd_rd_wg=ZmzQy&pd_rd_i=B07H6CSP5Y&th=1 

my only concern is the plastic in the loading bay

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@mmKay I’ve read that boiling water causes metal atoms to move down, since they are heavier than the water molecules. That’s why crusts grow on the base of the kettle.

I’ve been having tea from tap water for as long as I was alive. I don’t feel like I’m suffering from metal poisoning. But who knows.

3 hours ago, Value said:

@Leo Gura Do you know about the water quality of Scandinavian countries?

Too funny, I wanted to ask the same question...

@How to be wise takes time. It's an compound effect. Grains of sand over a lifetime. My mom been smokint 35+ years and she still breathing. Does it mean you should start hittng the vape? 

I just realized the restaurant i've worked at and eaten for 4 years uses tap to cook. And at school it was normal to sip from the bathroom tap and water fountain. 

And I was wondering how can i not shake off this mild background brain fog since few years. 

Hold my holon and link me that detox protocol ;0

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why inverse osmosis vs active carbon Leo. What's a good enough filtering system?