SamC

What's the personality profile of someone who loves understanding and truth?

90 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The ratios in this table seem to roughly fit the chart after you divide them by a factor of 2.

Fuck it, I made my own chart with those numbers:

MBTI gifted.png

a46ad4c29e4fd6c1ae8c6cf0b9a4f331.jpg

Close enough :P 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Alright so the data does exist, nice

@integral Cool chart, can't say I find it very enlightening for me. Could just be a random aid or thinking starter maybe. I guess I just looked at INTP position and was like "hey I should be further up spirituality, or I like all those things in the other quadra" lmao, but I realise its just an abstract chart rather than for me. Just me disliking MBTI.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Yes that chart isnt very good lol

@Carl-Richard Thanks carl thats soooo much better. Really helpful. :P

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 2/24/2021 at 2:17 AM, Carl-Richard said:

TypeInPopulation-500w.png

Intuitives make up only 26.9% of the population, introverted intuitives 11.3%.

a46ad4c29e4fd6c1ae8c6cf0b9a4f331.jpg

If intellectual giftedness is associated with the need for understanding and truth, then I guess this is one explanation :D

Haha smart people will always want to say they are 'intuitive' because their ego dictated so.

According to MBTI, I am supposed to be intuitive but so far in real life interaction, I have also said the wrong stuff, guess the wrong things many many times so I am not sure if I am really intuitive. 

I feel that MBTI isn't very rigorous especially for the second letter: S vs N. For many people, they can be both strong or passionate in Sensing and in their intuition. Like you can score maybe 75% for sensing and 77% for intuitiveness for example?

3kl2hZ0guKiGPhEcTpiX794PB-1R9j3OlOfQtO8N

Edited by hyruga

2 minutes ago, hyruga said:

I feel that MBTI isn't very rigorous especially for the second letter: S vs T. For many people, they can be equally strong or passionate in Sensing and in their intuition.

The model, on this locus, is Sensing vs. Intuition. People strong in sensing are, not surprisingly, sense-oriented (sight/scent/touch/taste/hearing). Intuition is a "sixth-sense", which is based on direct realization.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 hours ago, Moksha said:

The model, on this locus, is Sensing vs. Intuition. People strong in sensing are, not surprisingly, sense-oriented (sight/scent/touch/taste/hearing). Intuition is a "sixth-sense", which is based on direct realization.

Yes but the 5 senses (even if you only just count 5 instead of lots of other senses we have) will somehow lead you to a stronger 6th sense. So Sensing and Intuition are not mutually exclusive.

In fact, one can even argue that being strong in Sensing will lead you to having greater intuition.

Edited by hyruga

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

Yes but the 5 senses (even if you only just count 5 instead of lots of other senses we have) will somehow lead you to a stronger 6th sense. So Sensing and Intuition are not mutually exclusive.

In fact, one can even argue that being strong in Sensing will lead you to having greater intuition.

If you want a really good example of Se, look up TrainwrecksTv. He is a really great storyteller because of how he fills it to the brim with descriptions of external details. It almost feels like you were there.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

26 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Only if you are wise. Most people get caught up in the physical senses, not realizing there is more. You have to wake up to realize who "you" actually are. Sensing is the dream of intuition.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I made a mistake earlier. I think it's more of my lack of sensitivity (rather than intuition) that caused me to say the wrong things during social interactions sometimes. 

@SamC  Um, SamC, it is possible that Preety was not using the slang term "you're not all that" and just meant that all of those qualities may not apply to you in equal parts, and that's possible for anyone.  We all have some parts that dominate over other parts.