SamC

What's the personality profile of someone who loves understanding and truth?

90 posts in this topic

@SamC

Narcasism isn't part of the personality types in my opinion, narcasism is ego. 

Yeah, perhaps some stages are easier then others to get threw depending on personality type. I think there are many different reasons why each person is on the forum, to find ways out of suffering, to understand things deeper, to find healing, to search for the truth, to uncover their passions, to help others find themselves, to be part of a comunity, etc. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

27 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@SamC Speaking of enneagram, there is the work by Dr. Khaled ElSherbini. Very insightful. As @OctagonOctopus said, it isn't established that one who's interested in truth could be pegged to one stage.

Of course but I mean philosophers who contemplate and introspection deeply about life. People can be interested in subjects and truth relative to a subject. The question is not that, the question is where does this thirst for knowledgeable for the sake of knowledgeable come from.

I think it depends on the person a lot. Someone can be super interested in understanding but at the same time super scared of what understanding gives you and hence therefor not be interested in understanding the truth becuase the ego won't allow it. ( only the relative truth that serves the ego and that fits the ego's narrative)

Why do some people like to stay home rather than going outside (independent of weather or level of comfiness at home)?

Becuase they are either A introverted B depressed or C both combined ;)

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

4 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@SamC

Narcasism isn't part of the personality types in my opinion, narcasism is ego.

Personality profile, not types neccesarily.

Perhaps some stages are easier then others to get threw depending on personality type. I think there are many different reasons why each person is on the forum, to find ways out of suffering, to understand things deeper, to find healing, to search for the truth, to uncover their passions, to help others find themselves, to be part of a comunity, etc. 

Yeah, most topics on the forum is not about truth.

I’ve almost stopped asking this question because I’m afraid my arrogance will make into an ego boost kind of thing. Still interesting to contemplate, though. 

4 hours ago, SamC said:

Why do I care so much about truth and understanding while litterly everyone in my environment don't care shit about it?

God’s will. and in more relative explanation luck. Your mind wants to label it, and you give it energy by focusing on it, which just creates more separation from the other and distance from the Truth. 

INFJ/INFP...figures. xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Sam C always with the excellent questions B|

I'm glad to be able to understand all of this personality-category stuff thanks to you lol

It's Love.

@SamC  saying that Trump might be at stage Turquoise, wouldn't that be a really stupid question. Aside from that, I only wanted you to introspect more into yourself instead of comparing yourself to others to put yourself in a Superlative position. Open mindedness means the willingness to listen to others but sometimes in our conversations I've noticed that you tend to impose your opinions. I wouldn't exactly call that stage yellow or open mindedness 

Take this as positive feedback if you're really in search of the truth. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

INFJ/INFP...figures. xD

ENTJ sx/sp... B|

(10 times try 10 times different results ESFJ self bias and most likely trying to present myself in better light, sometimes reading final results and someone observing you from outside can get more objective accurate and obvious picture) 

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

INFJ/INFP...figures. xD

I've only ever flipped between these two on the Myers tests over the years. What can I say I'm a natural ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

hrhrhtewgfegege

5 hours ago, Roy said:

I've only ever flipped between these two on the Myers tests over the years. What can I say I'm a natural ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

xDHave you had a look into the cognitive functions and what your preference is?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

41 minutes ago, Proclus said:

to Ken Wlibur's spiral dynamics model. Great idea; please give credit where it's due

Spiral Dynamics is not Ken Wilber's model. So please give credit where it's due.

See, you're not the only one who can play that game ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, Proclus said:

Second, 'yellow person' is offensive unless you refer to Ken Wlibur's spiral dynamics model. Great idea; please give credit where it's due

Also, stage Yellow from Spiral Dynamics corresponds to color Teal in Ken WilbEEEr's model.

1 hour ago, Proclus said:

Ken Wlibur

God why

tenor.gif

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Ken Willburg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Dryas said:

I’ve almost stopped asking this question because I’m afraid my arrogance will make into an ego boost kind of thing. Still interesting to contemplate, though. 

I've also been very careful with this before but now I've started again because I was afraid to get an ego boost becuase I was afraid of being selfish.

Being Afraid of being selfish is not selfless

That's selfishness.

14 hours ago, Heaven said:

God’s will. and in more relative explanation luck. Your mind wants to label it, and you give it energy by focusing on it, which just creates more separation from the other and distance from the Truth. 

Maybe.

I believe this can be connected to past lifes though aswell. I don't know this, just speculating so I might be wrong.

12 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Sam C always with the excellent questions B|

I'm glad to be able to understand all of this personality-category stuff thanks to you lol

@RendHeaven  Sean with his super cool swag pussy destroyer emojis?

I'm glad that you someday will help me learn how to smash the piano as seductively as you seduce the whaman.?

Edited by SamC

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Trying to explain what intuition is to a highly intuitive person is most likely unnecessary because they'll just intuit it xD

@Carl-Richard Lmao