SamC

What's the personality profile of someone who loves understanding and truth?

90 posts in this topic

Why do I care so much about truth and understanding while litterly everyone in my environment don't care shit about it? What personality is it that makes me high when I understand stuff? What's the personality profile of a yellow person?

Is it becuase I have high openness? High conciousness or what is it? And if it's high conciousness, what is even high conciousness?What in my personality profile differs from those who don't care about philosophy and truth?  I am familiar with the spiral dynamics model, but that still don't capture the difference in personality profile between those who are yellow and those who are not. Any ideas? @Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

• Willingness
  • Open mindedness 
  • Understanding 
  • Curiosity 

Although I doubt you're all that. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I don't think personality and spiral stages are related in this way. Personality is more like how the person who you are likes to express themselves. Spiral stages are more about how worldviews grow over time, you take on and integrate more perspectives the higher your spiral stage is.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

50 minutes ago, SamC said:

Why do I care so much about truth and understanding while litterly everyone in my environment don't care shit about it?

TypeInPopulation-500w.png

Intuitives make up only 26.9% of the population, introverted intuitives 11.3%.

a46ad4c29e4fd6c1ae8c6cf0b9a4f331.jpg

If intellectual giftedness is associated with the need for understanding and truth, then I guess this is one explanation :D

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

46 minutes ago, Preety_India said:
  • Willingness
  • Open mindedness 
  • Understanding 
  • Curiosity 

46 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Although I doubt you're all that. 

@Preety_India Wow, you really had to say that huh? The audacity to first list the things that represents what the psychology behind stage Yellow is and than tell me " Although I doubt that you are all of that". That's called putting people down and ruler techniques.

It really pisses me of and makes me really sad tbh. Look yourself in the mirror - maybe it is you that misses that thing that you doubt that I have. Regardless, this was a very uncharming thing to say. 

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

If intellectual giftedness is associated with the need for understanding and truth, then I guess this is one explanation :D

Wow, that is a surprisingly profound explanation.

It seems like intuition is the key, and most humans simply lack it.

Intuition is bascially a higher form of intelligence. People who lack it are like born blind.

From my personal experience, I can attribute basically all my life's success to powerful intution which then opens the doors for everything else.

To value and pursue truth one bascially has to intuit its importance long before it gives you any tangible payoffs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, OctagonOctopus said:

I don't think personality and spiral stages are related in this way. Personality is more like how the person who you are likes to express themselves. Spiral stages are more about how worldviews grow over time, you take on and integrate more perspectives the higher your spiral stage is.

@OctagonOctopus I disagree. Personality influencers world views a lot! Look at Donald Trumps personality for example.. he is a narcissist and that makes his world view completely different if it's compared to a non narcissist.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Awsome share man!@Carl-Richard Can you define intellectual giftness for me? Is it high IQ or something else?

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It seems like intuition is the key, and most humans simply lack it.

Intuition is bascially a higher form of intelligence. People who lack it are like born blind.

From my personal experience, I can attribute basically all my life's success to powerful intution which then opens the doors for everything else.

What's the difference between intuition and logic though? Where does intuition come from do you think? @Leo Gura

Also wouldn't being an introverted rational in some way prohibit the intuitive side? Does people who are infX tend to have higher intuition?

Edited by SamC

29 minutes ago, SamC said:

Awsome share man!@Carl-Richard Can you define intellectual giftness for me? Is it high IQ or something else?

Seems like these type of studies use "academically gifted" as a measurement and not intellectual giftedness, my bad. It's understandable as it's much easier to gather data that way. I can't actually find the specific study that the graph is linked to, but there is a similar graph that was based on academic giftedness.

Edited by Carl-Richard

INTP books usually portrait this personality type as the “philosopher”, one that highly values metaphysical Truth and understanding.

I think we’re the more intelectual type, for better or for worse. ;) 

INTP books: The INTP Quest and The INTP by the same author.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What do they say — the most simple is often the most profound? xD

7 minutes ago, Arzola said:

INTP books usually portrait this personality type as the “philosopher”, one that highly values metaphysical Truth and understanding.

Hey I'm just a humble INFP ^_^

Edited by Carl-Richard

@SamC  Intuition and logic are miles away.

Logic could be similar to thinking. And intuition is more in par with feeling. That's why it's said women are somewhat more intuitive. Because they are more in touch with their feelings.

Once you realize how (relatively) full of BS logic and meaning are by having a dark night of the soul by really inquiring into the nature of meaning-making and reason you will naturally switch your main operating system from quasi-autistic logic to being guided by FEELING and INTUITION.

If you actually look into how you ground your logic and rationallity you will allways find the problem of Infinite Regression

How do you navigate "infinity"? Intuition. Thinking is not needed.

Or you can try to listen more to your gut feeling. Train that muscle and your understanding of that "language".

It's difficult to explain. If you need to ask what it is you most likely don't have it. But it can certainly be developed.

Everyone has it. Pull on that string.

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@SamC

Not saying that personality doesn't influence worldview at all, of course it does. What I am saying is that spiral stages don't have set personalities that are at that stage, I think any personality type can be at any stage. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

9 minutes ago, Arzola said:

INTP books: The INTP Quest and The INTP by the same author.

Yeah, like the enegram type 5. The thing is however that it almost seems like there are  atleast two types of intellectuals/ philosophers. The intuive intellectual and the intuitive rational intellectual. One could say that the INTP is more of a rational intuitive intellectual compared to an INFP but I don't think that's necessarily means that the INTP is the philosopher personality archetype.. ( acutualized.org lover) 

My hypothesis is that the question  has to to with intuitive introversion, yes - but also maybe to some extent ( maybe, big maybe) with if the person has a judging or prospecting function. I think there are more INXP that are here than INXJ, but that's of course less of a factor.

36 minutes ago, SamC said:

What's the difference between intuition and logic though? Where does intuition come from do you think? @Leo Gura

Also wouldn't being an introverted rational in some way prohibit the intuitive side? Does people who are infX tend to have higher intuition?

MBTI defines intuition through its two cognitive functions Ni and Ne (introverted and extroverted intuition). If we focus on introverted intuitives only, INTJ and INFJ are Ni users while INTP and INFP are Ne users. I suggest reading up on them because I will most likely butcher the explanation, but I'll try to give an analogy: Ne is like a monkey jumping from tree to tree while Ni is like a bird landing on one of the tallest branches. 

Here is a picture I just found randomly:

tumblr_inline_pepiz5Ab5Q1r7xnv2_400.png

Take from that whatever you're able to I guess (I honestly know very little about this xD).

Mix of infj/intj with a childhood of intp here, guys B|. Glad to be a part of a gifted people big dicks club 

6 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@SamC

Not saying that personality doesn't influence worldview at all, of course it does. What I am saying is that spiral stages don't have set personalities that are at that stage, I think any personality type can be at any stage. 

Can Donald Trump's personality be at stage tourquise?

I get what you mean though but I really believe there are some personality traits that makes people interested in philosophy and systems thinking for example. Of course all people can and will move up, but the question is... why are we here? The rest of society is not here and yet we are drawn to Leo's content. A lot of people who value this material is already here.. the question is why that is and what makes us so interested in it. What do you think?

@SamC Speaking of enneagram, there is the work by Dr. Khaled ElSherbini. Very insightful. As @OctagonOctopus said, it isn't established that one who's interested in truth could be pegged to one stage.

3 minutes ago, SamC said:

My hypothesis is that the question  has to to with intuitive introversion, yes - but also maybe to some extent ( maybe, big maybe) with if the person has a judging or prospecting function. I think there are more INXP that are here than INXJ, but that's of course less of a factor.

4 minutes ago, SamC said:

the question is why that is and what makes us so interested in it. What do you think?

Why do some people like to stay home rather than going outside (independent of weather or level of comfiness at home)?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@mmKay

26 minutes ago, mmKay said:

@SamC  Intuition and logic are miles away.

Logic could be similar to thinking. And intuition is more in par with feeling. That's why it's said women are somewhat more intuitive. Because they are more in touch with their feelings.

Once you realize how (relatively) full of BS logic and meaning are by having a dark night of the soul by really inquiring into the nature of meaning-making and reason you will naturally switch your main operating system from quasi-autistic logic to being guided by FEELING and INTUITION.

If you actually look into how you ground your logic and rationallity you will allways find the problem of Infinite Regression

How do you navigate "infinity"? Intuition. Thinking is not needed.

Or you can try to listen more to your gut feeling. Train that muscle and your understanding of that "language".

It's difficult to explain. If you need to ask what it is you most likely don't have it. But it can certainly be developed.

Everyone has it. Pull on that string.

I'm hyper intuitive in fact and I know what it is. Many times I ask questions that I already know to see if I missed something and to understand it deeper. 

When I googled around a bit, an explanatation of intuition came up that made a lot of sense to me.

" intuition is the ability the ability to make an immediate perception or make an immediate assessment with conciousness without having access to all facts"

6 minutes ago, SamC said:

I'm hyper intuitive in fact and I know what it is. 

Trying to explain what intuition is to a highly intuitive person is most likely unnecessary because they'll just intuit it xD