lmfao

Is distilled water good or bad for you?

21 posts in this topic

I can get a water distiller from someone who doesn't use theirs. I hear some people say distilled water is bad for you. Some claim that without there being minerals in the water, it will leech minerals from your body. 

I don't believe it's bad, I'm wondering if it can actually be used to detox harmful things from the body. If it can be used to detox, are there any conditions to it? Whether there are any conditions of what you can eat or drink ( i.e. You drink 0 tap water, you do intermittent fasting, etc...) ? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

It's best if it's remineralized

. I made a post on it in this section. 

However as long as your water is pure its fine.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India A question to you, or to anyone reading this. Is there any point to me drinking distilled water occasionally, if I'm drinking tap water half of the time? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

If you only drink distilled water, eventually your body will experience severe illness due to mineral deficiency.

You should not drink distilled water at all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Distilled water will pull minerals out of your body. Not just that, it is also good at pulling things from the container it is placed in, such as plastic. You want mineralized alkaline water, it will actually leave you satiated and hydrated.

As for the detox thing, I'm unable to find any good studies on it. There are studies showing distilled water can lower homeostasis in the body because of the mineral-pulling affect, you may be able to combat it by eating mineral rich foods.

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

@Leo Gura What if you add in your own minerals? I was hoping to distill water then add in minerals. OR, I have been. Doesn't reverse osmosis do the same thing to minerals? removing them?

Good to know distilled water pulls shit from plastic.  I am still saving up and studying about a good filtration system. I think reverse osmosis makes the most sense. But, I thought distilling the water and remineralizing it would work and be safe.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you only drink distilled water, eventually your body will experience severe illness due to mineral deficiency.

You should not drink distilled water at all.

Alright, I'll take that in mind seriously then. But I'm still unsure or agnostic about it being harmful, since there aren't many answers about it online. 

@Thought Art Good questions man, similarish boat here. 

Edited by lmfao

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura What if you add in your own minerals? I was hoping to distill water then add in minerals. OR, I have been. Doesn't reverse osmosis do the same thing to minerals? removing them?

Distill your own water? Why?

Don't be a fool. Just buy a quality RO system with reminerlization filter. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel. RO is the most efficient solution for clean drinking water.

@Leo Gura Still in early phase of research and understanding. I have access to a free distiller. 

For others here is an article on Distilled Vs RO water: https://tapitwater.com/reverse-osmosis-vs-distilled-water/

Reverse osmosis looks the best

There seems to be a lot of procurement considerations like price and availability of filters.

Here is the KFLOW I am considering to buy next week: 

https://www.amazon.ca/KFLOW-Drinking-Filter-Purifier-Kitchen/dp/B07H6CSP5Y/ref=pd_di_sccai_3?pd_rd_w=SNsRg&pf_rd_p=e92f388e-b766-4f7f-aac1-ee1d0056e8fb&pf_rd_r=H6AM3TYPNN1NDGMZCVZA&pd_rd_r=18ef844a-77a8-42e8-aa26-164ecc818786&pd_rd_wg=ZmzQy&pd_rd_i=B07H6CSP5Y&th=1

I will need an over the counter one, so far can't find one that remineralizes. I will buy the MAYU minerals and remineralize it myself. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@StarStruck I know right.... I don't think I can get one installed here. The under the counter ones are a bit cheaper. So, it might be the best I can do. I know that my health, my brain and tissues, nervous system etc are worth it. I am pretty sure my water here in Canada is better than much of the US and my area of Canada is especially high quality. Yet, I want to purify and operate at the highest level. That aint gonna happen without an investment.

My health it worth it. And if it lasts 5-10 years it is worth it. I have more research to do.  The filters are expensive but similar price to buying the water jugs I buy over a year, minus the lifting and lugging and plastic.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

It's horrible. It just dehydrates you as it is completely devoid of electrolytes and minerals so your cells can't utilize it. It's best not to drink water at all and hydrate from raw milk, blood, fruit, and avoid salt and cooked (dry) foods. But if you do drink water, naturally sparkling mineral water in glass bottles is the best you can get. I like Borjomi; I heard Gerolsteiner is good too.

@Village  :| I agree you can get water from those things. But getting water from milk and blood is like smoking to get oxygen. Anyway, I think that is just nasty man. Nothing wrong with fresh spring water, or properly filtered water. I am sure sparkling water is fine, but I don't think its better than clean, properly mineralized water. 

Your gonna get a lot of toxins from milk and especially blood. You are not a vampire, supposed to live of milk (which is basically just blood/puss anyway) and blood. 

◭"89"

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Village  :| I agree you can get water from those things. But getting water from milk and blood is like smoking to get oxygen. Anyway, I think that is just nasty man. Nothing wrong with fresh spring water, or properly filtered water. I am sure sparkling water is fine, but I don't think its better than clean, properly mineralized water. 

Your gonna get a lot of toxins from milk and especially blood. You are not a vampire, supposed to live of milk (which is basically just blood/puss anyway) and blood. 

You are a vampire in denial. ;)

If milk and blood intimidate you then, for the sake of demonstration, drink coconut water and compare it to regular water. It's so much more hydrating. It's not just the H2O that you need - it's the minerals and electrolytes that make the water absorbable. This is why filtered water is useless, let alone distilled. Mineral water is the best if you insist on drinking water, but of course you don't want to drink plastic so hence my recommendation (notice I said naturally sparkling - it has no synthetically added CO2).

@Village I am buying a reverse osmosis machine, and adding in natural minerals. No plastic there.

I mean, hey you do you. No one said pure water was good for you. I don't need to slaughter animals for food. I am sure coconut water is good.

Are you a Sv3rge fan? ahaha you remind me of him.

Also, if I was a vampire... why is it I am built like all other great apes which are herbivores.

It's okay we don't see eye to eye of this. I am more athletic than most people I know, and I feel confident in my nutritional background too. I studied food business in school.

There are minerals in spring water you know. Humans haven't always lived in houses outside of nature. Running water used to be safe.

There is no historical data I know of of humans living off of blood (other than milk... which is mostly a white people thing because most of the world is lactose intolerant)

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Personally i just carry one of these

People tend to stare at me when i knee down to a puddle on the sidewalk. Huh, how rude. 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I can't find an over the counter RO that remineralizes. So, I will have to remineralize it myself, which is fine.

@mikelyons I would assume so

◭"89"

4 hours ago, mikelyons said:

a whole-house RO system

Nobody does a whole house RO system. This is extremely wasteful and unnecessary.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

RO is the most efficient solution for clean drinking water.

What about carbon filters? I remember you told something about them but I can't find the post anymore.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003