Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thetruthseeker

Woke up to a mild DMT like hit

10 posts in this topic

Woke up last night to a weird experience I wanted to share... as I’m a bit unsure what on earth happened 

some basic background - about 3 months ago I did my first ever ayahuasca retreat. Pretty amazing. 2 nights of the medicine, both different strains and very different experiences both nights. 
Anyway, I’m not going into that here. But of course during this ceremony I did feel for the first time what DMT was like, the visions etc 

then no retreats for the last 3 months, just bits of meditation and deep breathing. 

until last night - so weird! 
I woke up around 4am in a half dream half awake state, that I’ve never had before.
before bed I was watching loads of Ken Wilber and thinking about his models, so it was on the mind, and thinking of spiral dynamics too 

The dream was so real and beautiful. I was flying through the air as i got higher and higher the colours were changing and they were the spiral dynamics colours. I got to the top, torqouise, I couldn’t go any higher and just stayed there. Then in the dream I started seeing the dmt visions... 

then at this point I was slowly waking up. In this half dream half awake state, and then transferring over to being awake in the room I swear I had a mild dmt hit. 
I was gobsmacked and laughing. My body was buzzing, and it felt so light in the bed. 
It literally felt like a micro dose from my ayahuasca retreat. But of course I didn’t take anything. This lasted for 25 mins where I had mild visions and just felt amazing 

walking up properly this morning it was still there a bit. Felt light, heady and slightly euphoric all day. 

anyway, so that’s my story. It was the first time that sober I have felt such a high. I’ve only had the visions like this on the Ayauasca retreat, but this was surreal and came out of nowhere as I was sober 

any thoughts of what went on would be appreciated. Maybe it’s not a big deal but for me it felt like a tiny glimpse of what could be possible 

thank you 

13 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

then at this point I was slowly waking up. In this half dream half awake state, and then transferring over to being awake in the room I swear I had a mild dmt hit. 
I was gobsmacked and laughing. My body was buzzing, and it felt so light in the bed. 
It literally felt like a micro dose from my ayahuasca retreat. But of course I didn’t take anything. This lasted for 25 mins where I had mild visions and just felt amazing 

walking up properly this morning it was still there a bit. Felt light, heady and slightly euphoric all day. 

Very nice!! As much as you get light in the body, you become more aware. Just an advice dont overthink about what you have experienced, just go with the flow. When you think you cant feel, when you feel you can think. Just feel, be light, be free. Even if the feeling is bad dont matter just feel, dont think. When there will be no comparing as good or bad feeling, “you” will be completely free. 

Much love. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Thetruthseeker Pretty cool experience!

One possible explanation might be:

When you woke up, your brain or subconscious didn't fully realize that you were tripping during a dream, but that you actually took DMT. And it was so convinced of that, that it then induced a mild trip itself. 

Yeah it was that weird crossover that actually did happen. First time ever experiencing that and was beautiful really 

It could have been a touch of hypnagogia, brought on by subconscious processing of the ayahuasca experience. 

Interesting message though in the vision, that however far you develop in the mind with techniques like spiral dynamics, the psychedelic experiences reach beyond that. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

This happens all the time to me. I enter DMT land quite regularly when waking up from sleep. I experience tons of beautiful patterns and visuals and all sorts of beautiful stuff. Some of it can be kind scary and get kinda intense. I don’t usually talk to any of the entities or aliens I seem to encounter. I like them but they can be a little annoying sometimes though when I’m just wanting to float through all the art.

Edited by Lyubov

That is a Kundalini activation which happened to me too. But, without visions or change in consciousness(Change in consciousness happened only once for few minutes when i got a first activation). Just extreme body buzzing with much heat emitting through the whole body with streaks of energy violently passing through the body like electricity.

It used to happen to me at night. I think such activations do happen to some people who are involved in spiritual work, especially for those who did psychedelics previously.

Edited by PopoyeSailor