Strangeloop

"Thought business"

13 posts in this topic

Here's an idea.

A market for thoughts. People "buy" thoughts and people "sell" thoughts. If one thought is valuable people will use it often because They bought it and they think that it is valuable.

Isn't it just how self help works? All those quotes, ideas... We buy into them and we sell them to other people expecting them to adopt those ideas so we would spread the thoughts.

How many thoughts are worth? What if we put a money count on a thought? For example the thought "Present moment" would sell pretty good with spiritual people. But the thought "money" wouldn't. ofcourse these are assumptions but you get the idea.

If the thought "Strangeloop" sold for 1 million dollars, would people buy it?

What do you guys think?

@datamonster It would be like gambling. Place your bets and you get what you get. 

@Mason Riggle Well yeah, because books are just thoughts written on paper. Now the question is? Why do people even buy thoughts when they can have their own? 

@Strangeloop Interesting question, but why would you want my answer when you can have your own?

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Hmm... Maybe because I have a limited way of thinking and the only way to expand the limitation is to buy your thoughts.

@Strangeloop yes, because I asked you the same question you asked me, rhetorically. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Strangeloop said:

Why do people even buy thoughts when they can have their own? 

You have no original thoughts. Change my mind xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard An original book, idea, concept or peice of art?

Original doesn't mean it isn't a flower on a tree

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

"Thought business" is already the case

Someone has a thought about making a book, and then he materializes that thought

Someone has a thought about making electric cars, and then he materializes that thought

Someone has a thought about making a painting, and then he materializes that thought

And so on.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

information economy is huge. It's the new oil. 

Information is king.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"