ravlondon

Jordan Peterson Alt-Right?

29 posts in this topic

Jordan Peterson really confuses me. I generally have a good sense of what people believe and what motivates them but JP is like a riddle to me. He’s someone who’s spent most of his life diving into dense psychological topics and seemingly investigating his own psyche, yet he falls prey to such basic stuff and seems completely inconsistent in his behaviours / ideas. 

Hes a weird one.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

58 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

Jordan Peterson really confuses me. I generally have a good sense of what people believe and what motivates them but JP is like a riddle to me. He’s someone who’s spent most of his life diving into dense psychological topics and seemingly investigating his own psyche, yet he falls prey to such basic stuff and seems completely inconsistent in his behaviours / ideas. 

Hes a weird one.

He’s just afraid, scared of the truth. He’s one of those that isn’t willing to admit God as all as ❤️, he wants God to be “Good” and not “Bad”. That creates a ‘big’ shadow in him, his belief in free individuals separate from God doesn’t help either. He’s basically saying that life is suffering and there’s no escaping that, which is what keeps him away from love. 

Edited by Mannyb

1 hour ago, Apparition of Jack said:

Hes a weird one.

It's not that JP chose all this, like many others he fell into a role because some video blew up years ago and now he's playing a part. It's all very convenient to his survival too since he's carved out a nice career from it being as public speaker.

It's not like anybody who gets famous or falls into a category of left wing justice warrior or a fact spewing scientist takes the time to realize meta-analyze their own position, they do what feels socially acceptable (from their point of view) and sacrifice layers and layers of their own authenticity.

This is the whole process that brings us to the "us vs them" thing. It takes a highly conscious person to truly not care what other people think and be willing to walk their own path, even if it means doing so in silence.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Leo Gura He's arguing with her, and it seems like he's offering a perspective to help these fearful people deal with resentment. It really doesn't seem that bad.

1 hour ago, SeanD said:

@Leo Gura He's arguing with her, and it seems like he's offering a perspective to help these fearful people deal with resentment. It really doesn't seem that bad.

Can you post the timestamps? 

I can't watch the whole thing it feels like he's just repeating his bitter perspective again. 

20 hours ago, Opo said:

Can you post the timestamps? 

I can't watch the whole thing it feels like he's just repeating his bitter perspective again. 

He starts the discussion at 36 min. talking about being tricked by the left into playing the game of identity politics and warns about developing the emotion of resentment which is very dark and leads to hell.  His first explanation goes from 36min - 42min. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

26 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

He starts the discussion at 36 min. talking about being tricked by the left into playing the game of identity politics and warns about developing the emotion of resentment which is very dark and leads to hell.  His first explanation goes from 36min - 42min. 

The irony..