NorthNow

Your Mate Tom

6 posts in this topic

There was a Terrance McKenna quote I heard once. He was talking about "truly stupid" people not being able to truly interpret the psychedelic experience. 

"The less intelligent you are, the less challenging the psychedelic experience becomes because the less capable of entertaining the implications you are." 

While it's rather an abrasive take I think there is truth to this. Your Mate Tom seems to take a very dualistic take despite diving deep into the psychedelic qualia of experience. Specifically with his recent video about 5-MeO-DMT

I believe that Tom lacks a certain nuance to his thinking to guide himself down the path of awakening. 

What are your guy's thoughts? 

Edit: Just saying that I also don't want to come off as if I am attacking his character or trying to be negative towards his image. This is a simple observations based on the rhetoric that he has publicly involved himself with. 

Edited by NorthNow

it's hard to know someone even when they post lots of videos. don't concern yourself too much with his life and focus instead on yours. 

"You Create Magic" 

Who cares? Focus on awakening yourself. There are too many fools in the world to nitpick their misunderstandings of reality. There are literally an infinite number of ways to misunderstand reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's not just Your Mate tom..almost everyone I've met on meditation retreats, ayahuasca circles, and doing bufo have no idea about nonduality.

I agree with Leo. Just let them be. They are on their own paths. Not all of us are ready to experience the truth. 

Edited by Nercohype

I believe Terrence wasn't primarily talking about non-duality but more general existential insights. He was very left-brained in many respects. 

There is also a distinction between talking about non-duality and experiencing it. Don't underestimate the role that luck plays in getting exposed to the right culture and being able to conceptualize it properly.

It's also not really about being smart either. It requires first and foremost spiritual intelligence. Non-duality in its most basic form isn't that difficult to understand conceptually (if such a thing is even possible). It's infact too simple that people over-intellectualize it and look past it. I mean there have been illiterate non-dual people all throughout history.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.