goldpower123

Anyone know any good news sources?

24 posts in this topic

Does anyone know any good places to access news sources, forums, high quality information etc. that isn't mainstream, Google recommended, mainstream media or science etc. Like subreddits, websites, onion links, people etc. Just wondering if you guys know of anything yourself. Cheers

If you think reddit means quality of information then there's a problem right there!

The freddom to access multiple sources is the only real exit we have, pay special attention to all sorts of oppositions as it often comes from them 1st, before mass-media picks up.

Edited by Egzoset

Breitbart but I don't know if it's biased 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Breitbart but I don't know if it's biased 

Heads up, Breitbart is a highly biased Alt-Right news source. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles I had a slight hunch about that.  But I guess back in the day, it was neutral, not sure right now. Their old videos were good. 

The first step to starting to believe in conspiracy theories and shit is to reject everything mainstream and only consume information from alternative sources.

Once you fall into that hole.. I don't know if you can get out. So watch out.

These are some Youtube channels I follow. They basically talk about how the US economy is going to shit and how we're headed towards a depression. Kitco News mainly talks about news related to crypto and precious metals.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheSchiffReport/videos

https://www.youtube.com/c/kitco

https://www.youtube.com/c/BULLBOOMBEARBUST

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Ground News has news stories from sources across the spectrum, so you can read about it from different points of view.

allsides.com

Gives unbiased (as possible) new coverage.  It has left - middle - and right media outlets posted as such so you can see what each side is saying.  

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

A shortlist

Bloomberg

The Conversation

Reuters

allsides.com

David Pakman( left leaning mainstream but good analysis )

Ground News 

The Associated Press

On 2/22/2021 at 2:59 PM, Blackhawk said:

The first step to starting to believe in conspiracy theories and shit is to reject everything mainstream and only consume information from alternative sources.

Once you fall into that hole.. I don't know if you can get out. So watch out.

As much as I don't trust what this world offers, I agree it's good to be careful 

@goldpower123 yea....none of them :)

Every cable news channel out there has some agenda, whether it be pushing propaganda or increasing their ratings. Have you noticed, especially with local news, that they over exaggerate each and every story? I just stopped watching the news all together. If you want to know what's going on in the world, I would suggest subscribing to BBC, Reuters, or Wall Street Journal (though they do have their own biases, they are no where near as bad as CNN, Fox, MSNBC, to name a few). 

@Preety_India Breitbart is more right wing than fox news haha. The man who created it, Steve Bannon, is an actual figure in the alt right and white nationalist circles.

@kray it wasn't created by Steve Bannon though. 

The Associated Press and Reuters are good if you just want unfiltered, unbiased news.

On 22/02/2021 at 7:21 AM, Matt23 said:

allsides.com

Gives unbiased (as possible) new coverage.  It has left - middle - and right media outlets posted as such so you can see what each side is saying.  

@Matt23 That doesn't really make it fair and unbiased. It presents the left, the center and the right as though they are equally valid on every issue. The truth is that right wing media outlets tend to be the least reliable and most biased. Although I have to admit that the website did give me a good laugh when I read the three news headlines on this story and saw the right wing headline. It kind of proves my point.

Edit: Also, the website is listing news outlets like CNN and The Independent as left wing sources, which I think is kind of ridiculous.

Edited by Peter-Andre