dflores321

I Hate Meditation ūüė§

23 posts in this topic

It feels forced and futile.

Meditation seems no different than any other attempts to win at life. 

When I'm sitting down for 30 minutes trying to watch my breath im frustrated, but I feel much better riding my long board listening to music. 

It's annoying because enlightenment seems spontaneous so it's just random chance. 

I want to live life and enjoy it, but this goal to become enlightened in my mind hovers over me everywhere I go no matter what I'm doing. 

It seems pointless to meditate, what is even happening just sitting down for 30 minutes? 

I'm just really frustrated and overwhelmed right now. Theres always a million steps for everything goddamn. 

" ..." 

-The Buddha

Work on getting it to a level where it is fun. I have backed off being so strict and I seem to be getting more results. However, I have been doing it for a few years now. 

I can't describe how helpful it is once it starts "working." I love to go into a session and come out completely recharged. I also don't usually go into it with any goal in mind. It might be helpful to try some different positions. I love "doing nothing" in the middle of the day while laying on my back. I have had some of my deepest sessions like that. I usually come out super refreshed. 

I enjoy meditation since the first day I started it. It calms down my mind ūüôĆ

Do you not have any positive effects from meditating?

No added benefits, just the washing away of confusion :) . 

I am eternal meditation :) . 

In other words I'm feeling better now lol. 

Have a goodnight, apologies for my unconsciousness. 

" ..." 

-The Buddha

Leave every thought and intention at the door, except: to cultivate the readiness to emit appreciative joy every time you notice your attention is not on the object (e.g. the breath sensations), then after you've given yourself an imaginary pat on the back, gently and firmly return to the breath. Eventually, play with the tightness of the attention's grip on the meditation object, while being vigilant to thoughts and feelings in the periphery -- tighten up on the breath when you notice a thought or feeling is gaining steam in the periphery and seems to be on its way to capturing your attention in full, then loosen up when the potential distraction subsides... Balance; finesse. Steady, sensitive, playful, patient... Do nothing else.

Nothing.

Feel free to read that twice. It'll pay off. If meditation isn't a very peaceful and invigorating activity for you, there is very likely a subtle flaw in your technique. The only thing you can do wrong is to continue doing what isn't working. PLAY with attention's intensity, imagine blinding white light in your chest, anything -- anything to light the kindling of joy -- it will build into a bonfire eventually once you manage to do this.

Edited by The0Self

On 20.2.2021 at 11:17 PM, dflores321 said:

Theres always a million steps for everything goddamn. 

Yes. All these steps are occurring always now, never in the future. It's easy to get overwhelmed by such thoughts and it's pleasant to drop them.

Also, I like to see it more as infinite possibilities you can create for yourself, rather than a million steps you have to take.

On 21.2.2021 at 0:17 AM, dflores321 said:

When I'm sitting down for 30 minutes trying to watch my breath im frustrated, but I feel much better riding my long board listening to music. 

It's annoying because enlightenment seems spontaneous so it's just random chance. 

I want to live life and enjoy it, but this goal to become enlightened in my mind hovers over me everywhere I go no matter what I'm doing. 

It seems pointless to meditate, what is even happening just sitting down for 30 minutes? 

I'm just really frustrated and overwhelmed right now. Theres always a million steps for everything goddamn. 

God I feel so good for not being the only one. I hate sitting down and breathing. It is so uncomfortable. My meditation is going for a walk and listening to music. It makes me feel so alive. I also might meditate for a few minutes by just lying down on my bed. I get much more relaxed lying down than sitting.

For a long time there has been these thoughts that try to tell me that "you should be meditating every day" "you are not doing this right" "no way you will awaken without meditation routine". They make me feel like shit so I've decided not to listen. Fuck that shit.

try head space or Qigong

Headspace makes it fun, and teaches you valuable meditation and mindfulness skills

Qigong is a moving meditation that actually will make your sitting meditation way more powerful

Sitting doesn't make your feel horrible. You FEEL horrible. You are just noticing it. music and walking is great, but also just distracting you from how you actually are just being.

https://www.headspace.com/

https://www.holdenqigong.com/

Edited by Thought Art

It's just turtles all the way down.

So quit, who cares? Longboarding is also meditation. 

You can try cutting to 15 minutes, when you feel like it and just connecting with that phenomenally weird loving borderless buzz in the body. The point is to feel good, and as you know, you can't force feeling good. Enlightenment is not a goal you can check off you list before you enjoy life, you learn to drop resistance to enjoying life and that's enlightenment. Sometimes dropping resistance means starting meditation, other times dropping it. Go by how it feels. 

My Youtube Channel-¬†Light on Earth¬†‚ÄúWe dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.‚ÄĚ‚Äē¬†Robert Frost

@dflores321 Do Kriya yoga. It's more powerful than meditation at quieting the mind.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

6 hours ago, mandyjw said:

So quit, who cares? Longboarding is also meditation. 

You can try cutting to 15 minutes, when you feel like it and just connecting with that phenomenally weird loving borderless buzz in the body. The point is to feel good, and as you know, you can't force feeling good. Enlightenment is not a goal you can check off you list before you enjoy life, you learn to drop resistance to enjoying life and that's enlightenment. Sometimes dropping resistance means starting meditation, other times dropping it. Go by how it feels. 

Good wisdom, Mandy. You're shining.

@dflores321

On 2/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, dflores321 said:

Don't worry about it. I have a health condition that I can't do the meditation sessions properly, so I just adapt and meditate lying down in bed. You can't go wrong too seriously while meditating, because it's really meant to relax you deeply. I would advice against kriya yoga practices for now, and do chi gong or more gentle forms of meditating. The kriya one can get pretty serious quickly, and be problematic if you're not prepared for it. Also don't do the zen types of meditating, and instead do concentration practices separately from the relaxation sessions

@vinc3nc

8 minutes ago, vinc3nc said:

@dflores321 "I hate meditation" is like saying: "I hate connecting to being, to reality."

People have different preferences to meditating, it's just that some ways of meditating for one person might be more difficult than other ways of meditating.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@dflores321 Do Kriya yoga. It's more powerful than meditation at quieting the mind.

Sadghurus inner engineering is Krya yoga. It's pretty good. 

Good book anyway and I remember doing some of his meditations and yogas online.

I have tried Kriya Yoga, Iyengar Yoga and Yin Yoga and from these three, Yin Yoga is the best as an replacement for meditation. Works wonders.

On 25.2.2021 at 1:20 PM, mandyjw said:

Sometimes dropping resistance means starting meditation, other times dropping it. Go by how it feels.

Yup, absolutely. I dropped my formal meditation and kriya yoga practice these last few months as I was full blast on feeling-mode, which was very much needed. I'm naturally getting back to these more formal practices just now. Sometimes an off the cuff way of going about all this stuff is the necessary space we need to give to ourselves. Literally anything can count as a spiritual practice.

I haven't been sitting at much lately. Probably 15-20 minutes a day before bed after 40 minutes of Qigong. I do Qigong 2-3 hours a day. I find that to be more affective than sitting for overall body awareness and energetic, spinal health.

I would say start small, keep it consistent and find something that works. There is probably a practice that works for everyone. I also think wanting it to be easy, especially for the first few months or year is a mistake.

Have you tried crying meditation? Releasing stuck emotions is actually synonymous with meditation. This frustration you're having is being expressed in the body as pent-up energy, and it's possible to release it by intentionally provoking it. You start by probing for bodily tensions, mainly in the gut area (and even other areas that are less obviously associated with emotional tension, unlike say the throat), and then when you've identified the knot, you need to allow yourself to feel vulnerable and see if you can start crying gently (doesn't have to be loud - it can be done in near complete silence). When I discovered this technique, it completely revolutionized my approach to meditation and spirituality in general.

Edited by Carl-Richard

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.