Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShugendoRa

I'm in a strange situation (relationship)

5 posts in this topic

Before this relationship with my girl I was eating healthy I was working out and I was meditating 1 hr plus everyday. Ever since I chose to let her live with me I started drinking eating fast-food and stop meditating. I can't dump her because she doesn't have a home and her family doesn't want her either. She has no choice to stay here with me even if I want to move on and stay on my spiritual path. What do I do? I can't just kick her out she will become homeless.. Fuck 

Edited by ShugendoRa
Typos

That must be hard for her.

From first impressions it seems like you blame your girlfriend for all of your problems. 

We don't know the whole story though.

@ShugendoRa Why can't you restart your meditation habit again and eat healthy? Is she somehow an impediment to that? 

And what about her? Can't she get a job to live on her own if you don't want the relationship anymore?

@ShugendoRa A compassionate approach to resolve this would be to be honest with her and tell her how you feel. Then give her a couple months to find herself a job and move out. In the meantime start acting like a single man -  sleeping in separate beds, not doing couple stuff, doing and eating what you want, start going out on your own, maybe bringing a new girl home, etc. I know this is sensitive, but she needs to know you're not a couple anymore, just roommates temporarily. A word of warning, though, to be careful, exes get crazy sometimes and no telling what a desperate person might do depending on their level of emotional instability. Another approach would be if you're renting, not to renew for the next year and both of you just move out and go your separate ways. Never feel guilty about your decisions to follow your path. Others need to learn to respect your boundaries. And those boundaries start with yourself.

Just break up with her. Don't let her suffer a relationship where you don't want her. 

She won't be homeless for long. Someone will help her. 

It's better than her being in a relationship where she is no longer wanted /needed. 

Don't drag it on because it will be bad for her. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.