Bach

Views, confusion and therapist

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

I was confessing my confusion to my therapist that I feel that my views are being misunderstood by people. For example, religious people believe that I am the Antichrist :D , while atheists believe that I am a fool religious person. Feminists think that I 'm a machista,  while machos think that I'm a feminazi. Leftists think of my views as conservative, while conservatives think of them as hippy insane BS. Scientists regard them as newagey fairytales, while newagey people think of them as backwards thinking of mainstream science etc. I think you get the picture.
My therapist's response was that if it happens with everybody it means there 's something from my side creating it, specifically the way of talking and articulation of thoughts. I agree with that and indeed I have to work on it, but ultimately it doesn't feel satisfying as an explanation. 
On the other hand, the hypothesis of my thinking being stage yellow feels rather simplistic and exactly what the ego would want to believe.
What are your thoughts on it?

It's my 1st post here, so I'ld like to thank Leo for his work!

@Bach I feel ya. 
I guess your therapist is right. People who experienced some kind of trauma early on in their life often times strongly identify with their mind and don’t feel their body. The bodily sensations, your gut feeling so to say, may guide you when deciding what you want or acting out who you are. So if you don’t feel your body and identify with your mind, you don’t have a strong opinion that you  or others really feel. You are not centered or grounded in yourself or anything. You could be anything and therefore you can understand many perspectives, hence the stage yellow thinking. So within your thinking there probably still is an element of opposition to the perspectives that you encounter. The others feel this subtle energy.

That’s my best guess according to my experience. 

On 2021-02-19 at 6:00 PM, Bach said:

Hello everyone! 

I was confessing my confusion to my therapist that I feel that my views are being misunderstood by people. For example, religious people believe that I am the Antichrist :D , while atheists believe that I am a fool religious person. Feminists think that I 'm a machista,  while machos think that I'm a feminazi. Leftists think of my views as conservative, while conservatives think of them as hippy insane BS. Scientists regard them as newagey fairytales, while newagey people think of them as backwards thinking of mainstream science etc. I think you get the picture.
My therapist's response was that if it happens with everybody it means there 's something from my side creating it, specifically the way of talking and articulation of thoughts. I agree with that and indeed I have to work on it, but ultimately it doesn't feel satisfying as an explanation. 
On the other hand, the hypothesis of my thinking being stage yellow feels rather simplistic and exactly what the ego would want to believe.
What are your thoughts on it?

It's my 1st post here, so I'ld like to thank Leo for his work!

I don't think it's that easy. Sure, maybe you're free spoken and that creeps some peeps out but at the same time..

No one should agree with you if you do the work right ;)

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"