longusername12345

Where the fuck to start?

20 posts in this topic

I have taken the life purpose course, and have a clearer idea of what my life purpose is. The first step to achieving this purpose is research and embody all of the topics covered in actualized.org plus some. As you probably know, THERE ARE A SHITTON OF TOPICS. I do not know where to start. I keep finding one topic to focus and study and work with then another one sparks "my bliss" or whatever and I keep jumping from topic to topic. How do you know where the best place to start is? Or is it just a leap of faith? 

@longusername12345 There is no best place.

It's like you were given a jigsaw puzzle and you're asking which pieces are the best to start with? You can complete the puzzle from any direction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Dammmmn that's empowering. But for example, starting with Enlightenment and consciousness work versus starting with success and prdocutivity versus just switching between topics depending on the day and how I feel; like wouldnt these choices make drastic differences in the results of my work and studies?

If you pick up one jigsaw piece, then get so distract by another you throw that down and pick it up, and repeat, you will get nowhere.

So obviously approach it with intelligence and consistency.

You will always have time to do consciousness work, So I suggest u work on success first. and then once u do whatever u wanna do in ur life get into consciousness work lol.

Cuz if u spend too much time on consciousness work it takes away from your potential to succeed.

Pick two or three subjects (no more!!) and try to connect them. Spend 1 month on that. After a month rinse and repeat for three other subjects.

In Tate we trust

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@longusername12345 There is no best place.

It's like you were given a jigsaw puzzle and you're asking which pieces are the best to start with? You can complete the puzzle from any direction.

This jigsaw puzzle is 1 million pieces that are all blank... do NOT think that you will solve this quickly.

Everyone's different but it's awesome to first work on things like sleep, nutrition and exercise.

These are fundamental and they'll impact every other piece and skill you're about to learn and embody next.

You can also start with psychedelics, they will also impact everything else and imo they're much easier to incorporate into your life then serious meditation or yoga.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@longusername12345 What an excellent way to acknowledge circumstances! Invest your energy into company with like-minds. According to Gödel, Intuition will be your key to success. 

Begin to contemplate. I know for me my lack of consciousness has led to many failures. But, failures are good and in them you become more conscious.  so, be careful who you listen to. Persist and keep working toward it. Welcome to your ascent! 

Find balance, counter balance. Conscious is central to my life purpose and my time horizion is like 10-15 years. The more conscious I become the easier living becomes. Everyone is starting from a different place. Success and finances should be foundational. I think, but free time should be spent developing higher awareness. I am still learning and growing. Have been wise fool and a foolish wise person.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Start somewhere. Pick someone you admire and look up to and make a role model out of that person. Best case scenario is to pick their brains and get to know what they do on day to day basis. What habits do they have? Where they get their information from? How they think? And so on.

After you picked your role model. Do similar things that he does and add your own spin to it. And if you feel unathentic because you're just repeating someone else's success model, don't worry about it. Once you start role modeling, in the proccess of it, you will find what's authentic to you.

A good rule of thumb for where to start is always: wherever you feel most passionate and inspired.

For example, if you feel inspired to start going to the gym, then start there. Don't let good passion go to waste.

In other words, follow your bliss.

Passion, acted up, builds on itself.

@Leo Gura

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A good rule of thumb for where to start is always: wherever you feel most passionate and inspired.

For example, if you feel inspired to start going to the gym, then start there. Don't let good passion go to waste.

In other words, follow your bliss.

Passion, acted up, builds on itself.

I tried to do it that way regarding the gym/ exercise thing. It's been part of my life for years now..but i struggle to make it work or an excuse to approach or improve in the areas i find myself with difficulties (e.g new friends, dating)

6 hours ago, ertopolice said:

i struggle to make it work or an excuse to approach or improve in the areas i find myself with difficulties (e.g new friends, dating)

I see two ways in general relating to passion (I'm sure there are more, perhaps as many ways as there are people).  The one Leo suggested, being find what initially you feel passionate towards and do it (sort of a passion first, then action approach).   Or, you could build passion  buy sticking to doing something consistently over time.  I assume it would be harder to do this second approach with things you find most unpleasant to do, so it would probably help to do things you at least somewhat enjoy.  

Example.  

• I was never really a huge fan of rock climbing.  I was decent at it, but never really saw or felt the joy with it.  I thought it was just a sort of fun-ish thing to do; I wouldn't really desire it, nor would I say it sucked.  Middle-ground. 
  • But since Covid started, the rock gym is the only place open to socialize and do something active.  So I've been going.
  • Recently I went to the gym and had a moment where I felt almost like I was getting into flow with it and feeling sort of "natural" with it.  Like I wasn't just muscling my way up but was using my bodily intelligence to find the most effortless and efficient way to go up the wall.  It felt more like dancing or something.
  • I still probably wouldn't rank it as my highest joy, but at the moment, I can feel a sense of actually wanting to climb and getting "off" on that flow-feeling and wanting to get it again.  Excitement and motivation internally to go, rather than thinking it as simply a healthy choice I "should" do.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Identify your NEAREST, not biggest obstacles and focus on that.

Imagine you are on a road, and you are walking, there is a small obstacle in front of you but bigger obstacles in the distance.

Your priority should be to focus on what is right in front of you so you can keep going and don't get stuck or slugged down.

It really depends on your situation. Everybody's road is different.

Also focus on meta-skills and push the niche spirituality stuff to the side.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

On 2/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, Thought Art said:

Begin to contemplate. I know for me my lack of consciousness has led to many failures. But, failures are good and in them you become more conscious.  so, be careful who you listen to. Persist and keep working toward it. Welcome to your ascent! 

Find balance, counter balance. Conscious is central to my life purpose and my time horizion is like 10-15 years. The more conscious I become the easier living becomes. Everyone is starting from a different place. Success and finances should be foundational. I think, but free time should be spent developing higher awareness. I am still learning and growing. Have been wise fool and a foolish wise person.

Yo my intuition has been telling me the EXACT same thing

On 2/22/2021 at 6:48 AM, StarStruck said:

Identify your NEAREST, not biggest obstacles and focus on that.

Imagine you are on a road, and you are walking, there is a small obstacle in front of you but bigger obstacles in the distance.

Your priority should be to focus on what is right in front of you so you can keep going and don't get stuck or slugged down.

It really depends on your situation. Everybody's road is different.

Also focus on meta-skills and push the niche spirituality stuff to the side.

What do you mean? I don't quite understand?