Tim R

Interview with God

58 posts in this topic

Imagine you got the opportunity for an interview with God. 

You are allowed to ask one question, so think carefully. 

What would you ask?

Sup dude wanna fuck? 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

What is updog? 

Been pondering this one all my life, Ill never grasp it :(

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

God is the answer to all questions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why did you create me because I'm tired of this life. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Sincerely, if I were actually face to face with "God", and he possessed the "holy grail" that would liberate me from suffering and bestow infinite love and ecstasy ungraspable by the human mind, of such profound goodness that no mere mortal could ever come close to being worthy of even laying eyes on this "holy grail" let alone actual possessing it, this fantasy scenario would play out with me indignantly snatching the holy grail out of God's hands before he could even offer it to me, and I'd be like "Gimmie that shit, mother fucker.. It's about goddamn time."

@NOTintoxicated Hahahaha! Cool thought, I wonder if that actually works though.

@Leo Gura If God were the answer to all questions, it probably is because he accepts everything in the current moment already. He lives in some sort of a higher narrative than ours, and He probably doesn't care at all about our narrative. In this case, I really wonder if he could provide ANY answer to our deepest questions. What we want to know is how to be more human, and not more like God.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Why did you create me because I'm tired of this life. 

Surely you have access to your roof? :P

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

20 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

@NOTintoxicated Hahahaha! Cool thought, I wonder if that actually works though.

@Leo Gura If God were the answer to all questions, it probably is because he accepts everything in the current moment already. He lives in some sort of a higher narrative than ours, and He probably doesn't care at all about our narrative. In this case, I really wonder if he could provide ANY answer to our deepest questions. What we want to know is how to be more human, and not more like God.

@ted73104  Excuse me, but God told me to quote Cynthia Bourgeault . Also, she, that is God, said being is the key word here.

The repetitive motion of finding oneself through Identification (even true and worthy descriptions) keeps the being energy just below the critical velocity needed to escape the gravitational field of narrative selfhood.” - Cynthia Bourgeault 

Just doing as I was told.

Respectfully,  Zigzag Idiot.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

My question to God would be when and where would the next Jesus or Buddha level person be born on earth?

@Zigzag Idiot Thanks for the quote. Problem is, it is very hard to get keep jumping out of your own "selfhood narrative". And most people don't want to do this either.

If you're not able to get to the level of God, might as well try to enjoy being human.

6 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

@Zigzag Idiot Thanks for the quote. Problem is, it is very hard to get keep jumping out of your own "selfhood narrative". And most people don't want to do this either.

If you're not able to get to the level of God, might as well try to enjoy being human.

Sounds good to me!

I would ask  God why he needed to let his boy Jesus get nailed to the cross like some kind of Cosmic scapegoat. And then say it was for my sinfulness. I wasn't even born yet.

That just makes no damn sense at all. 

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Typo

@Zigzag Idiot Why Jesus chose to hand himself to the Pharisees and get nailed on the cross, that might be a good question to ask. Did Jesus die for the sins of human being? If you notice, the four gospels say nothing of this. That's the explanation that was provided later in the letters written by fucking Paul. If you ask me, I don't believe in his horseshit anymore. You cannot pay for someone else's crimes, no matter how good you are.

Jesus probably chose to die that way because it was an effective method to break the Jews free from the worldview of the Pharisees. So he used the sacrificial lamb analogy to sort of describe what he was doing to pave a way forward, which was unfortunately totally misinterpreted by the later Christians who said that only Jesus's blood could forgive the sins of men. Total cult level BS!

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Surely you have access to your roof? :P

Given that I've been suicidal in last couple of days, that was kinda rude.  

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

@Zigzag Idiot Why Jesus chose to hand himself to the Pharisees and get nailed on the cross, that might be a good question to ask. Did Jesus die for the sins of human being? If you notice, the four gospels say nothing of this. That's the explanation that was provided later in the letters written by fucking Paul. If you ask me, I don't believe in his horseshit anymore. You cannot pay for someone else's crimes, no matter how good you are.

Jesus probably chose to die that way because it was an effective method to break the Jews free from the worldview of the Pharisees. So he used the sacrificial lamb analogy to sort of describe what he was doing to pave a way forward, which was unfortunately totally misinterpreted by the later Christians who said that only Jesus's blood could forgive the sins of men. Total cult level BS!

@ted73104  I agree about the cult of fundamentalists,,,,

I was just yanking on their chain a little.

Didn’t the Jews kind of shit on JC also in the long run and call him a delusional visionary? 
 I abandoned fundamentalist ‘churchianity’ but have found good things in the Gospel of Thomas as well as ACIM. A Jesus who teaches being nonjudgmental, forgiving, peaceful and overlooking others transgressions. Like an older brother who says just live and let live. This is not a Jesus that wants to be worshipped,,,,

40 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Given that I've been suicidal in last couple of days, that was kinda rude.  

My apologies. 

You should be meditating more in order to calm your monkey mind. Also check out The Work of Byron Katie. Really helps with internal suffering.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Zigzag Idiot Unfortunately the Jews didn't really grasp what Jesus was doing either for long. It was probably very hard to break free from the ideology in the culture of that time.

The Gospel of Thomas is quite hard to understand. Do you know any website that explains its contents in detail?