Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pilgrim

Law of Attraction – I Just Don't Get It

2 posts in this topic

I know this topic has already been talked about a lot on here and I also read some older threads on that.. but I am still having so many questions in my mind.. so sorry about the repetition! 

Is Law of Attraction legit or not? I have dismissed it for a long time, it used to be total BS to me. But I am starting to consider there is actually some truth to it. I guess it makes sense that we do attract – maybe not what we think – but who we are as a whole at each precise moment.

Positive thinking is definitely way too simplistic because there is too much going on in our whole mind-body-spirit-system to reduce it just to thoughts. On top of that so many repressed emotions/limiting beliefs aren't even in our conscious awareness.. so they of course direct our behaviour without us even noticing it. They I guess would need to come to the surface for Law of Attraction to actually work. 

But let's assume I would be able to work on all of my blockages, on my limiting beliefs and become aware of the deepest motivations behind my desires.. would I be able to set intentions that truly manifest into something? 

Or will I just attract what currently fits to my frequency and I have no control over what I am attracting? 

For sure it makes sense that the higher my vibration and the "purer" my motivations the "better" things I would be attracting.. but do I have a choice over what I attract? 

I guess it's more about getting more and more alligned with your authentic self and acting out of "purer" motivations and then letting go of the outcome and seeing where you end up.. 

If you like, let me know what you think! I am very curious to understand this better. THANKS :) 

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Is Law of Attraction legit or not?

Law of Attraction points to the experience of your "reality" being far stranger than you think. It goes beyond ideas of legit or not. It's more "true" than most things we consider true though. It deals with the truth we create for ourselves and shows us how to create it consciously. 

The law of attraction is about having greater awareness and focus, and recognizing that the core of every desire is the desire to feel better. This becomes your focus, over believing your thoughts blindly and continually noticing that you are now where you want to be. It is the basis for change. It is the realization that when we feel amazing, we notice amazing things, and good things and thoughts come to us. When we drop resistance and stop noticing what is thoughts we've never had can come in. An insight is a just a thought you've never had before. 

But let's assume I would be able to work on all of my blockages, on my limiting beliefs and become aware of the deepest motivations behind my desires.. would I be able to set intentions that truly manifest into something? 

Law of attraction would teach you that this approach might be off, if you focus on your blockages and limiting beliefs thinking you need to get rid of them before you are free to create your life, your focus on your limitations is actually holding them in place. Making intentions or rather, allowing your desires, is what bring the blocks into light and is the power and momentum you need to blow through them. 

Or will I just attract what currently fits to my frequency and I have no control over what I am attracting? 

Awareness over your thoughts of control reveals your true power.

For sure it makes sense that the higher my vibration and the "purer" my motivations the "better" things I would be attracting.. but do I have a choice over what I attract? 

"Purer" is a thought that limits and gets into judgement and good and bad and what other people thing territory. The better feeling your ideas the faster you will attract them into your experience. This is how you and only you measure the purity of them.

It's beyond choice and not choice. Allowing desires is also like surrendering them. When you really, really know what you want, there's' no choice at all. For example if I offer you the choice between your favorite desert and your least favorite food, you'd say "it's no choice". It IS but you're just VERY clear about what you want. The awareness that the law of attraction "teaches" makes you very clear about you want in the same way, it's a choice but also at the same time it's not because you're so clear about it. 

If you're interested in learning more check out Abraham Hicks, she is AMAZING. It's also amazing to see how this all fits in with all this other consciousness work stuff, meditation and nonduality, etc. Not to mention the bliss and happiness, forgiveness, understanding and abundance of new possibility, creativity and ideas that floods in. ;) 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost