Stomatopod

Death of Rush Limbaugh

66 posts in this topic

The reason why we shouldn't be dancing on the grave of someone like Rush Limbaugh (or Osama Bin Laden for that matter) isn't because we owe terrible people any respect, it's because taking pleasure in someone else's death makes you a worse person. How is acting out in this manner any different than a right winger who froths at the mouth at the prospect of someone getting sent to the electric chair?

That said I think it's fully acceptable to acknowledge the harms that people like Rush have caused and conclude that the world is a better place without him in it, but that's not the same thing as taking joy in someone else's suffering.

d609582.jpg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

24 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Rilles and yet he was full of hate? Guess those shrooms didn't help him 

Its not that simple. You can have blissful experiences on psychedelics of love but then once you come back you still have a shadow. Bill was in my opinion stuck in between. 

"The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace." - Bill Hicks

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@DocWatts Marcus Aurelius is one of the most self actualized people to ever walk the Earth. If he is the benchmark for healthy Blue, you're just being unreasonable. Even someone like Joel Osteen is a more reasonable person to use as a reference.

@Leo Gura Yes, Rush Limbaugh was toxic. Every Stage Red and Blue person is toxic in many ways, doesn't mean they don't have good qualities. You're supposed to celebrate someone's good qualities upon their death, not how much of a piece of shit they were...

Also, how is sharing a different perspective gaslighting? I don't care if you don't like the guy. But I find it honestly sickening how a forum that's supposed to be pushing love and high consciousness can be so downright cruel about the death of a talk show host, nearly celebrating his death as if some evil dictator just died.

Have some respect for the dead. How would you feel if Obama died and the forum members started saying stuff like "Wow, the world's a better place without him in it!". The man never hurt anyone. You can call him ignorant, but to act like he was some plague to the world? That's beyond fucked up.

I honestly expected better from you all.

@EternalForest I don't think you are familiar with all the toxic racist/sexist shit Rush has said, and how badly he indoctrinated millions of people.

Yes, he did harm lots of people by poisoning their minds. Trumpism can be directly traced to Rush.

To compare Rush to Obama is absurd. Obama is a conscious guy that tried to lift people up.

I don't wish anyone death, and I don't hate anyone. But to praise Rush is a step too far. He had a very toxic influence on our social fabric. That will be his legacy in the history books. Our society is def better without him.

None of this contradicts Love. Love does not mean praising assholes who poison society.

I say all this without any hatred for him. He was just ignorant and unconscious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't wish anyone death, and I don't hate anyone. But to praise Rush is a step too far. He had a very toxic influence on our social fabric. That will be his legacy in the history books. Our society is def better without him.

Death is supposedly 'infinite love'. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't wish death upon harmful conscious agents, especially when we can agree society is better off without him. Supposedly Rush is better off now. His life was undeniably miserable, given the beliefs he held. Wishing death on these people seems to be the most reasonable position.

Would you wish death on somebody who murdered people close to you? The cancerous ideology Limbaugh spread is far worse than any one murder, or any mass murder for that matter. No, he is not as morally heinous as a murderer, but he was immeasurably more harmful.

Not only am I delighted at his much deserved death, but I'd also strongly encourage anyone to avoid getting suckered into a position of moral grandstanding by 'respectfully mourning the dead' (no matter how contemptible), as such attitudes seem to be counterproductive regarding the necessity to foster a cultural intolerance for evil.

15 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Have some respect for the dead.

No.

Capture22e23.PNG

@EternalForest All I can do with people like yourself is marvel at the simplicity of your thought process. It's actually quite impressive.

3 hours ago, NOTintoxicated said:

Would you wish death on somebody who murdered people close to you?

No

For the same reason you would not want someone wishing death on you.

Death is infinite love, but the one dying does not know that. And we can't have people running around trying to kill each other.

@Leo Gura I feel that this is very inconsistent logic. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Death is infinite love, but the one dying does not know that.

They'd supposedly know it once they're dead, correct? That's what we'd hypothetically be rooting for. If death is truly 'infinite love' then it would seem reasonable that you should wish death on even the healthiest of your loved ones, and even yourself.

No

For the same reason you would not want someone wishing death on you.

Someone wishing death on me would only matter if they tried to kill me. (And even then, it's 'infinite love' right?) 

And we can't have people running around trying to kill each other.

Yeah, nobody is talking about killing anyone. I've only said the desire to see dangerous political influencers dead is moral and rational. 

This may be a fallacious argument, but what happened to reality being perfect? Even if someone were to follow through with their death wish and bring about this outcome themselves, wouldn't that be a perfect expression of 'God'? 

I suppose what I am essentially asking is, can it even be said that a perfect reality has room for prescriptive statements regarding how one should conduct themselves?

I understand that any heinous cretin could adopt this argument to defend all sorts of evil, but it would only have merit from the 'Absolute' perspective. In the relative domain, viciously evil people undeniably harm society, whereas my desire to see them dead does not. So in what sense exactly is my position on this a moral failing?

Edited by NOTintoxicated

@Leo Gura Your unresponsiveness was entirely predictable. I would steer clear too if I had no decent substantiation for the self-righteous claims I had brazenly clung to. 

Let it be known that the 'godliest' self-appointed arbiter of 'Absolute' morality has palpably failed to justify his claim that undeniably harmful conscious agents (like Rush Limbaugh) should not be wished death upon.

Let it be known that his frivolous attempt to justify this egotistically conjured conviction has pitifully concluded with evasive sidestepping most unbefitting of the 'wise guru' persona he has egoically adopted, as he has predictably opted to ignore a challenging retort in favor of more flattering forum engagement.

If Leo does bother to respond, it won't be a logically oriented response to my previous retort, it will be a pious declaration of his unwillingness to engage on the basis of it supposedly being a waste of time, or something along those lines. For once, I would love to see this guy just say "I see your point, and I may have rushed to a conclusion." Hell will freeze over before this happens.

@NOTintoxicated Watch your obnoxious tone or you will be banned.

So, no "I see your point, and I may have rushed to a conclusion"??

Edited by Hardkill

@NOTintoxicated

I want to point out that the thing might be that you ironically relfect in your writing a similar mindset as the person you wish death upon. You seem to be lost in mistaking the concepts of things like love with the real thing and project all sorts of things into others to justify your behaviour.

We all do that more or less in some way or another. This should a reminder to inquire into ones own mind

Edited by Seeker531

@NOTintoxicated Dude it's pointless, Leo's head is so far up his own arse it would require the latest version, stainless steel retractors to even begin considering its removal 

@pole553 Banned

Be here to learn. This is place for learning, not being combative.

This dude was insanely rich though. There is so much money to be made in gritting right wing media. I’m actually kinda shocked how rich Rush was. I’m not dropping spoilers so go look it up and be shocked with me.

14 hours ago, NOTintoxicated said:

@Leo Gura Your unresponsiveness was entirely predictable. I would steer clear too if I had no decent substantiation for the self-righteous claims I had brazenly clung to. 

Let it be known that the 'godliest' self-appointed arbiter of 'Absolute' morality has palpably failed to justify his claim that undeniably harmful conscious agents (like Rush Limbaugh) should not be wished death upon.

Let it be known that his frivolous attempt to justify this egotistically conjured conviction has pitifully concluded with evasive sidestepping most unbefitting of the 'wise guru' persona he has egoically adopted, as he has predictably opted to ignore a challenging retort in favor of more flattering forum engagement.

If Leo does bother to respond, it won't be a logically oriented response to my previous retort, it will be a pious declaration of his unwillingness to engage on the basis of it supposedly being a waste of time, or something along those lines. For once, I would love to see this guy just say "I see your point, and I may have rushed to a conclusion." Hell will freeze over before this happens.

wow I haven't seen this much insecurity in so long lmao

It's Love.

@NOTintoxicated

Normally I wouldn't wish too strongly for a person's demise, as that wanting, followed by thinking and story making, and anticipating the release of emotions and relief for such an outcome/situation to happen, has and always somehow comes to haunt the person later in life. Can also happen with less negative wishful thinking as well. Gives the subconscious mind mixed signals to follow through, which can be dangerous long term.

@Leo Gura Agreed xD.....sometimes its necessary to flush the shit down the toilet, makes the bowl clean.