Stomatopod

Death of Rush Limbaugh

66 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sunchild said:

Do you have anything to back up the above speculations?

No. I don't know anything about his childhood.

I would suggest that a person does not become so full of anger and hatred without having suffered some kind of trauma at an early age. It doesn't mean that he was abused necessarily, but anti-social traits are typically defense mechanisms that functions to suppress consciousness and shut down empathy in order for the ego to survive. Specifically the disgust he has for percieved weakness and dependency in others is a telltale sign that he has disowned those parts of his own early experience. It was all shadow projection.

A person who has genuine self love and inner peace is incapable of hating others. Rush was anything but that. Suggesting that he must have been deeply miserable on the inside despite his massive wealth and success. That is really sad if you ask me.

I find one way to summon feelings of empathy towards even the most unlovable people, is to imagine what that person was like as a baby. Before they were corrupted by the world. Try to remember that innocent child is inside everyone the world perceives as "evil". Even the worst among us like Hitler, Stalin or Saddam Hussein on the inside were unconscious wounded children too. Hating them solves nothing.

It doesn't mean that we can't condemn their actions though. I honestly also think it is better for the world that Rush is gone. But I don't think we should dance on his grave or hope that he burns in hell. It is as pointless as holding a grudge against a natural disaster.

10 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Your video is disrespectful in the wake of his passing. He was no saint, but still a very healthy example of Stage Blue. Perhaps one of the healthiest in mainstream Conservatism. I'd much rather have him lead the right than some of the people over at Fox News.

Rush at his best: 

RIP

Healthy Blue? Please don't gaslight us.

He was a toxic asshole.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Didn't this guy celebrate the deaths of AIDS victims?

May he rest in piss.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@mmKay Not so wise to wish others death.

Why is it not wise to wish the death of evil toxic beings? I remember George W. Bush, despite being one of the worst US presidents ever, publicly stated that the world would be a better place without Saddam Hussein.

Also, how is wishing others death worse than a good soldier who kill enemies in battle or who assassinate evil men like that Navy Seal who killed Osama Bin Laden?

@Stomatopod I don't know about this particular man. But someone being a monster doesn't neccesarily mean they had severely bad trauma. I'm not saying they're genetically like that, neither am I putting moral culpability on them either. It just is what it is, although people always tend to pick one of those two possibilities 

If they want to transcend that "selfishness" , the form of their emotional work and surrender will be the same as anyone. I'm assuming ?

--

So I just watched the video you posted. Overall I think you're expressing a particular energy of egoic dramaticism in your original post. Which isn't bad. 

My purely opinionated guess. Deep down you're narcissistically saying "Ah look at me, I'm so high consciousness that I can forgive this absolute scumbag. Haha he his mom and dad must have beat his ass. It's hilarious how he must have been neglected and beaten. Boy do I feel great being able to forgive and accept this filthy piece of trash" 

And I juice my own narcissism through posting this 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

16 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Your video is disrespectful in the wake of his passing. He was no saint, but still a very healthy example of Stage Blue. Perhaps one of the healthiest in mainstream Conservatism. I'd much rather have him lead the right than some of the people over at Fox News.

Rush at his best: 

RIP

This guy literally gave rise to the modern factionization of the right and brainwashed millions with his talk show

his laundry list of terrible shit is as long as trump's 

Edited by Lyubov

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Why is it not wise to wish the death of evil toxic beings?

Because evil is a delusion of your mind.

@NOTintoxicated Do not spread hatred on this forum. You undermine the entire purpose of this work.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@NOTintoxicated Do not spread hatred on this forum. You undermine the entire purpose of this work.

Yes, because to oppose hateful bigotry is to spread hatred yourself. Spare me this pompous rendition of the infamous "You don't tolerate intolerance? So much for tolerance!" muttered by knuckle-dragging inbreds. 

Everything I've said is entirely compatible with a spiritual pursuit. Yes, obviously the goal is to liberate oneself from the grueling nature of egoic judgement and the resulting suffering. This does not make it counterproductive to advocate for a cultural contempt for evil. Even though evil is a fabrication of the mind there is no denying the harmful effects certain conscious agents bring about, and the idea that such people need to be mourned and respected at the time of their death is a harmful nonsense. Opposing this foolishness with strong language is profoundly necessary, and I'd love to see you struggle to deny this. 

You'll have to excuse my nuanced perspective on this matter, perhaps I've been watching too many Actualized videos.

Perhaps you aren't watching enough.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because evil is a delusion of your mind.

Sorry, I failed to grasp that. I recognize that what you’re saying pertains to some kind of enlightenment concept. I mean you can argue for instance that a serial killer isn’t evil because your own opinions or beliefs about that person are that he or she is a very misunderstood individual who has some good things that you like. Yet, no matter how you look at it, you have to accept the fact that that serial killer is an evil monster who deserves worst kind of punishment possible, whether it be death or imprisonment for life.:S

This dude has a lot of toxic stuff in his obituary not gonna lie. 

He needed karma cleansing. 

His reincarnation will be filled with guilt as per Hindu tradition. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Green is usually against retributive justice, unless it comes to right wingers 

I find it rather bitchmade that a post of mine was deleted, despite breaking no discernible rules, merely because I challenged Leo's authority. This forum can be such an embarrassing display of mankind's most cringe-inducing characteristics. 

I'll repeat what I said without the rhetorical finesse, since I highly doubt my post would have been deleted if it weren't so stylistically articulated (a rhetorical approach that seems to intimidate the insecure self-appointed arbiters of forum etiquette), since the actual substance of my post contained nothing inappropriate. 

I simply stated that Leo's perspective should be disregarded, and Rush Limbaugh's death SHOULD in fact be celebrated, and that it is perfectly moral and rational to desire a similar fate for his evil, unhinged counterparts. I also posted a photo of myself wearing a shirt that read "Good riddance Rush", while I flipped off Limbaugh's caricature printed on the shirt. I can't imagine middle fingers are inappropriate on a message board belonging to a content creator who's most popular video has a thumbnail of him flipping off the camera.

That was the entire substance of my deleted post, absent the rhetorical flairs I included for dramatic effect. If that post got deleted than this should too, but if this post is not deleted, it would demonstrate that the substance of my post was not a violation, but instead, my voice was censored on the basis of ego-driven identity preservation, serving as outright proof that the moderation of this forum merely serves as a petty power trip for whoever owns the privilege.

Celebrate Limbaugh's death. He was a piece of shit who indoctrinated my mother who is now a batshit insane Q-anon supporting imbecile. She would listen to him every day. So glad that shit is over.

@NOTintoxicated We have rules here against hate speech. See the Forum Guidelines to refresh your memory.

6 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Yet, no matter how you look at it, you have to accept the fact that that serial killer is an evil monster who deserves worst kind of punishment possible, whether it be death or imprisonment for life.

I'm glad you're here to work on raising your consciousness. You might reach the point where you realize just how backwards that belief was.

To wish "the worst kind of punishment on those who deserve it" has nothing to do with justice, deterrence or wanting to reduce suffering in the world. It's purely ego gratification and pointless indulgence in sadism and devilry. Sadly, in that regard you are at the same level as Rush Limbaugh and Osama bin Laden. But unlike them, at least you are here to work on bettering yourself.

5 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

Green is usually against retributive justice, unless it comes to right wingers 

Yes. I would say that is one of the primary obstacles of stage green. Belief in good and evil is hard to let go.

6 minutes ago, NOTintoxicated said:

I simply stated that Leo's perspective should be disregarded, and Rush Limbaugh's death SHOULD in fact be celebrated, and that it is perfectly moral and rational to desire a similar fate for his evil, unhinged counterparts.

Celebrate Limbaugh's death. He was a piece of shit who indoctrinated my mother who is now a batshit insane Q-anon supporting imbecile. She would listen to him every day. So glad that shit is over.

You have my sincere sympathy. I get where your feelings come from, and you have a right to feel them.

But when you say it is "moral" and "rational" to desire the death of evil people, can't you see you are speaking from the same level of consciousness as Rush Limbaugh? I'm not saying you are equally as harmful to the world, only that your claim to morally judge others is rooted in the same perspective. If only you could step outside the ego for an instance, you would be able to experience how both you and Rush Limbaugh are just avatars of consciousness without agency witnessing the acting out of conflicting survival agendas from different perspectives. As Bill Hicks would say, "it's just a ride".

Speaking of Bill Hicks. We are still allowed to make fun of Rush Limbaugh :D

Speaking of Satan, I was watching Rush Limbaugh the other day. 

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Speaking of Satan, I was watching Rush Limbaugh the other day. 

Bill was so great, unfortunately he had alot of hate in him, if he had lived for another 50 years he could have become one of the greatest sages/intellectuals of our time. I mean the guy was talking about shrooms/consciousness/infinite love in the early 90s! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles and yet he was full of hate? Guess those shrooms didn't help him