randomwanderer123

What do you guys think about this magician?

13 posts in this topic

His whole YouTube video is filled with these type of videos, honestly it is all very impressive and looks legit too. His meditations also deeply resonate with non-duality.

Probably has a cymatic frequency generator under the table.  If he can do that while someone else is holding the plate, then we might have something. 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

Awesome! I'm 99% sure it's real. Thanks for sharing it, I will watch at his other videos when I feel like it. My teacher is a martial artist too and he can do some very interesting things.

Seeking for a sign is still striving, beyond being. The only sign that matters is the ?  sign of the ego.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:57 AM, Moksha said:

Seeking for a sign is still striving, beyond being. The only sign that matters is the ?  sign of the ego.

"Mind is like the void in which there is no confusion or evil, as when the sun wheels through it shining upon the four corners of the world. For, when the sun rises and illuminates the whole earth, the void gains not in brilliance; and, when the sun sets, the void does not darken. The phenomena of light and dark alternate with each other, but the nature of the void remains unchanged. So it is with the Mind of the Buddha and of sentient beings. If you look upon the Buddha as presenting a pure, bright or Enlightened appearance, or upon sentient beings as presenting a foul, dark or mortal-seeming appearance, these conceptions resulting from attachment to form will keep you from supreme knowledge, even after the passing of as many aeons as there are sands in the Ganges. There is only the One Mind and not a particle of anything else on which to lay hold, for this Mind is the Buddha. If you students of the Way do not awake to this Mind substance, you will overlay Mind with conceptual thought, you will seek the Buddha outside yourselves, and you will remain attached to forms, pious practices and so on, all of which are harmful and not at all the way to supreme knowledge."

Relevant for you.

On 2/17/2021 at 10:59 PM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Probably has a cymatic frequency generator under the table.  If he can do that while someone else is holding the plate, then we might have something. 

They say when one conducts an experiment, his intentions already predetermine the outcome of that experiment. It could be said that when one tries to judge something objectively, his subjective intentions already predetermine the outcome of his judgement.

1 hour ago, randomwanderer123 said:

Relevant for you.

Thanks for sharing, beautiful quote and relevant for all of us. Mind in this context is not conditioned thinking, which is subject to the rising and setting of the sun in the phenomenal world; it is the unconditional Consciousness that we ultimately are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@randomwanderer123 Just saying that if he wanted to make it more believable, he could set it up in a much better way.  That is by holding up the bowl with his other hand, or proving to the audience that there is no cymatic frequency happening under the bowl.  But that would require him to actually have psychic powers.  If he could actually do this with his mind, it really wouldn’t be that hard to demonstrate.  If he won’t let anyone else set up the conditions, you should be very skeptical.  

We should not abandon skepticism and rationality just because we are more open minded than the average individual when it comes to things like this.  It’s great to be radically open minded and I am actually very open minded to psychic phenomena.  In fact, I think we have sufficient reason to conclude that it is a real thing, but as the saying goes, don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out.  There is a fine line between open mindedness and naive gullibility.  Try not to fall on the latter side.

Dude seems pretty impressed with himself, and is not shy about promoting his special "powers". If he was actually enlightened, why would he care what people think?

Since it says "no chemicals" right there in the video, it must be true! 9_9

I used to do magic as a kid. There are illusionists doing far more impressive things than causing a piece of paper to burst into flame. But they don't claim to be mystics and spiritual masters.

I'm open to siddhis as an energy form of Consciousness, I just don't believe most of what I see. I have my own direct experiences, and that is all I trust.

31 minutes ago, Frenk said:

what about this?

Notice how there was music playing over to drown out any sound.  Or there was probably no sound happening at all.  Since we only had this super close up view, and no sound, we couldn’t see(or hear) what could have been happening above that close up.  My guess is they might have had a torch blowing at it from a distance until it ignited.  The paper would have shielded his hand from the heat until it ignited.