Onelove

Strong negative emotion

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone feel like they cannot stop the urges of "reacting" or "saying something " even after you've told yourself "hey your getting angry" or "hey your about to start some shit" 

IF SO 

Let's discuss! 

I often feel mad at myself when this happens and I'm actually afraid of it. 

4 hours ago, Onelove said:

Does anyone feel like they cannot stop the urges of "reacting" or "saying something " even after you've told yourself "hey your getting angry" or "hey your about to start some shit" 

Congrats on recognizing the matrix. Very few make it this far on the path. Well done Onelove, well done. ?? 

As you’re experiencing, “stopping the urges” does not work. This is also referred to as suppression. 

Expressing the emotions, such as anger, and continuing to express totally, totally works. 

I often feel mad at myself when this happens and I'm actually afraid of it. 

The holy grail of expressing & understanding emotions, is the liberation from the matrix of duality...

...the realization there is not an which feels mad at a myself. Nor a you which told a yourself

Expression is the way. The heavy lifting is done. It’s all expression and letting go from here on out. 

freedom-gif-7.gif

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you for the reply. @Nahm I'm going to read that over and over after work.

@Nahm

I do agree that expression is the way, but I also feel sometimes people fall too far one one side where they just let their emotions burst out at the expense of others. Like someone is angery so they scream at me instead of healthly expressing their anger in a constructive way. I feel this way is actually suppressing the emotion, by trying to release it into the other rather then feeling it for yourself. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that, expression is the way to healing, but the way in which you express the emotion, they way in which you channel it into something shows how healthy your relationship to emotions is, yes? 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Onelove

Yeah that makes sense. Rather then letting the emotion do you, you honestly communicate how you actually feel, or find a way to allow the energy to go into something constructive, to be expressed as something beautiful. 

@OctagonOctopus I haven't really thought of using that energy for something constructive. Thanks for the advice.  Going to think of ways I can do that. Also going to purchase the life purpose course when I can.  Maybe that'll help

@Onelove

Spend time really feeling the emotions, to understand them, to be able to flow with them. 

What is this emotion showing me? What is under it? 
What beliefs are connected to this emotion?
How can I channel this into something useful, beautiful, or constructive? 

4 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@Nahm

I do agree that expression is the way, but I also feel sometimes people fall too far one one side where they just let their emotions burst out at the expense of others. Like someone is angery so they scream at me instead of healthly expressing their anger in a constructive way. I feel this way is actually suppressing the emotion, by trying to release it into the other rather then feeling it for yourself. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that, expression is the way to healing, but the way in which you express the emotion, they way in which you channel it into something shows how healthy your relationship to emotions is, yes? 

Oh goodness yes. Conditioning is sneakier than water, it’ll find every single nook and cranny way in. It’ll claim it’s being done in other times, by other selves, and even other worlds. It’s a truly limitless phenomena. It’ll use people in every possible way. Recruiting others to share the suffering, and or believing others are the cause of it, or have something to do with it. This appears to be so common that i took some time and made a webpage aimed at helping with this. Conditioning even has folks believing infinite being is their thought water. It’s outrageously wild. 

1 hour ago, Onelove said:

Also going to purchase the life purpose course when I can.

Definitely do that. Also check out the emotional scale. That is the whole point of understanding and using it. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

Love your website, you are doing a great job with it! :x

Edited by OctagonOctopus

As someone wit ADHD I long struggled, and sometimes even do not scratching the itch of anger or difficult emotions.

Pema Chodron has a really good book on this exact thing, its really short too, maybe 70 pages so its a good one to have. I think it is called "Peace in Times of War"

My experience is to continue to notice the angers, notice when you fail to not react, and keep noticing and bringing more and more awareness to these emotions. 

Develop tools to walk about, or even try telling the other person

"Hey, I sense my lower self coming on" and then walk away until you can relax.

Also, "A Guide To Rational Living is really good too". 

Learning what you believe about yourself, others etc is crucial here.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art Thanks for the reply. Definitely wanted to read some books on the topic so I will check those out. I aimlessly stumbled upon self development a few months ago and I'm so happy that I did. 

I would easily feel angry and explosive in certain situations, but learned to become conscious of my body and relax into the emotions - feelings in your body. Instead of supressing it or explosively and impulsively expressing it, you let it be there, and relax into it. Then it fades. Key for me was following the breath deep inside the body, relaxing all my muscles and realizing it's all Love. When you do this more and more, eventually you transcend anger and it no longer manifests.

@JonasVE12 hi , thanks for the reply.  so I'm noticing patterns that last a week or two and right now at this very state I'm in I can do that more easily, most of the time . This Is a more neutral state for me.  The other state I find myself in about once a month is a more negative, depressed, worried, angry state where I find that very hard to do.  The emotions are so strong I will just start crying at random at any moment and I would just lash out after I made myself aware. I'm afraid in a week or two I will be back in that negative state and I won't be able to do this.