Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Paul

Quantum Field Theory: We Are The Same Consciousness

4 posts in this topic

I will preface this post by saying that I am NOT a physicist, but rather someone who is deeply interested in the philosophical implications of our best physical description of the universe, quantum theory.

Quantum Field Theory (QFT) says that the universe is either a set of all-pervading quantum fields or one unified all-pervading quantum field (the search for a unified quantum field theory is ongoing), within which all seemingly separate objects are actually vibrations or excitations of the field(s). The implications of this for personal identity are unfathomable, although it might not seem like it at first glance.

According to QFT, everyone and everything that exists IS the same ‘fabric’ in different states of excitation, not various different objects that emerge and disappear over time. To quote Magnus Vinding in his book “You Are Them”: “...the world is comprised of an all-pervading “substance” that takes on a myriad of different structures; it is not a structure that contains a myriad of substances.”

What this means is that we ARE the field(s) as a whole, and what we experience as “me” or “myself” as a human being is simply a localized vibration of the field(s) that happens to be sentient. There is no persistent, stable “you entity” reincarnating or disappearing; just different states of the same field(s). 

This seems to imply that there is no reason to assume a fundamental difference between you, me, and every other sentient being who is part of the field(s). We all share the common experience of being conscious, and if we are all literally the fabric of the field(s), then it follows that we are all the same being.

I highly recommend the book “You Are Them” by Magnus Vinding. It covers the topic discussed here as well as the ethical implications of understanding it.

Or, just realize that you are God dreaming up quantum field theory ;)

Much simpler and truer than all that materialist nonsense.

The only proper scientific description of reality is: Infinity

Anything less is the work of intellectual midgets.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Soon you will come up to some physicist who will say "oh no, qft does not show that we are all one at all" and you will get confused again. 

Edited by Vibroverse