Leo Gura

Underrated Left-Wing Troll

36 posts in this topic

Rm Brown is like a reverse Ben Shapiro. Instead of making dumb points in a smart way, he makes smart points in a dumb way.

I think his analysis of Shapiro's movie was pretty dead on. There is so much subconscious meta-messaging going on.

Reminds me of the good old Jon Stewart. God his rants were so good. We could really use him in the Trump era.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

She didn't accuse him of cat calling, she made an analogy. The way Shapiro tried to bait AOC with money is cringe as fuck. Trying to make her look like a cheap whore. She properly called him out on it.

This makes a little bit more sense now.  I found that to be a confusing analogy.  I will attempt to put it in my own words.

Shapiro attempted to use money to change the behavior of AOC.  By doing this, it attempts to make AOC look like a sellout who can be bought.  This is like soliciting prostitution because if a woman is desperate for money, she might be a whore for money.  AOC is not a whore for money, so she compared the money offer to cat calling.  Alternatively she could have compared it to soliciting prostitution, lobbying, or bribery.  AOC was not referring to the challenge to a debate, it was the money offer.

I didn't immediately make this connection.  The sexist component of the analogy threw me off because sometimes terms like "mansplaining" are thrown around at inappropriate times.  Shapiro would probably do this to men as well because of how normal he felt it was to offer money.

I hope you don't feel like this was a waste of time, but I do better understand the situation now.

What I don't like about this is that the satire here is ok from the outside, but when any user here uses satire here in the forum, as their own sense of humour to make a point in a discussion here, at least a warning is issued. Satire isn't a good look for whoever uses it.

People use humor here all the time without issue. Just make it appropriate.

@trenton catcalling is when a man is desperate for attention so in the middle of the street, he starts saying nonsense to a woman many times in a very loud voice. The nonsense might quickly escalate into profanities and insults and they become, like Leo said, cringe as fuck. 
Shapiro was gross and insulting in his way to try to get AOCs attention. That’s why she used the catcalling analogy. 

Edited by Jennjenn

Sad to see that this forum hasn’t evolved since I left. In fact, it appears to have turned into even more of an echo chamber. I’m assuming that all who disagreed were bullied, shamed or flat out emotionally abused till only the true believers remained. A philosophical circle jerk of likeminded people to rationalize their own superiority. The sight of this paradoxical demonization of ego while having such a high opinion of oneself is filling me with all sorts of uncomfortable emotions.
I’m not here to stay. I’m not here to stirr things up. But I believe many people in here are intelligent enough for me to express the simple idea that we must ask ourselves what role we play in all of this. Careful not to waste your life online; the Internet doesn’t show you how the world and the people in it truly are. The pleasure the members of this cult are getting out of ridicule and mockery of «devils» is worrisome. I’m writing this because I assume that the majority of you are living in countries suffering from polarization – particularly among political lines – like the US. There is a time when we have to ask ourselves: How am I contributing to the ills in this world? If your diagnosis of society’s problems is that there aren’t more people like you, then you are part of the problem. If your solution to society’s problems is that “the others” should cease to exists for only the pure hearted and conscious ones to remain – then I urge you to look around and ask yourself if that is truly the path you want to be on. You’re not as unique and special as you think. It doesn’t matter how much work you’ve invested into yourself. If you ever find yourself feeling strong negative emotions towards an individual or a group of individuals or you feel ignorance or even pleasure in seeing others suffer and your framework is one of winning and losing – this is when it gets essential to understand how little it takes for you to contribute to evils you thought only others were capable of. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
It’s always a good start to ask yourself: What do I actually know and what do I merely believe to know?
This should humble you. Humbleness, I think, is a good direction forward. And I don’t mean fake humbleness that we put on to have even higher of an opinion of ourselves – I mean real, radical, not rewarding levels of humbleness.

@Zizzero Bro, relax. It's clearly satire. We are not here pretending this is Albert Einstein or the Buddha.

There is a time to be serious, and a time to have fun.

With the political idiocy of the last 4 years, one cannot help but laugh.

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Zizzero Bro, relax. It's clearly satire. We are not here pretending this is Albert Einstein or the Buddha.

There is a time to be serious, and a time to have fun.

With the political idiocy of the last 4 years, one cannot help but laugh.

Tell me about it.

20 hours ago, Zizzero said:

Sad to see that this forum hasn’t evolved since I left. In fact, it appears to have turned into even more of an echo chamber. I’m assuming that all who disagreed were bullied, shamed or flat out emotionally abused till only the true believers remained. A philosophical circle jerk of likeminded people to rationalize their own superiority. The sight of this paradoxical demonization of ego while having such a high opinion of oneself is filling me with all sorts of uncomfortable emotions.
I’m not here to stay. I’m not here to stirr things up. But I believe many people in here are intelligent enough for me to express the simple idea that we must ask ourselves what role we play in all of this. Careful not to waste your life online; the Internet doesn’t show you how the world and the people in it truly are. The pleasure the members of this cult are getting out of ridicule and mockery of «devils» is worrisome. I’m writing this because I assume that the majority of you are living in countries suffering from polarization – particularly among political lines – like the US. There is a time when we have to ask ourselves: How am I contributing to the ills in this world? If your diagnosis of society’s problems is that there aren’t more people like you, then you are part of the problem. If your solution to society’s problems is that “the others” should cease to exists for only the pure hearted and conscious ones to remain – then I urge you to look around and ask yourself if that is truly the path you want to be on. You’re not as unique and special as you think. It doesn’t matter how much work you’ve invested into yourself. If you ever find yourself feeling strong negative emotions towards an individual or a group of individuals or you feel ignorance or even pleasure in seeing others suffer and your framework is one of winning and losing – this is when it gets essential to understand how little it takes for you to contribute to evils you thought only others were capable of. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
It’s always a good start to ask yourself: What do I actually know and what do I merely believe to know?
This should humble you. Humbleness, I think, is a good direction forward. And I don’t mean fake humbleness that we put on to have even higher of an opinion of ourselves – I mean real, radical, not rewarding levels of humbleness.

On a side note, it's just not okay to use humour here in the forum if it risks. Humour wastes time.

Yes, Heaven forbid one makes light of anything on this forum.

Edited by Abdelghafar

On 18/02/2021 at 2:28 AM, Zizzero said:

If you ever find yourself feeling strong negative emotions towards an individual or a group of individuals or you feel ignorance or even pleasure in seeing others suffer and your framework is one of winning and losing – this is when it gets essential to understand how little it takes for you to contribute to evils you thought only others were capable of. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Have you actually watched anything from the channel Leo posted?

I think you'll find this guy is an incredibly good-natured and reasonable fellow. Just some lighthearted jokes about silly people, and never a hint of anger or hate to be found. He is actually making fun of how polarizing and demonizing the content is on youtube. How is that bad?

@Stomatopod

Maybe humour is  bad when it comes from making fun off of a person's troubles, life, and circumstances, rather than the human condition itself. Most humour does rely on some put down of aspects of people and reality, which makes it harder to find genuine humour.

On 18/02/2021 at 6:58 AM, Zizzero said:

Sad to see that this forum hasn’t evolved since I left. In fact, it appears to have turned into even more of an echo chamber. I’m assuming that all who disagreed were bullied, shamed or flat out emotionally abused till only the true believers remained.

What sort of believers? If we're believers, aren't those who were made to leave also believers of something else? How is one believer different from another? 

A philosophical circle jerk of likeminded people to rationalize their own superiority. The sight of this paradoxical demonization of ego while having such a high opinion of oneself is filling me with all sorts of uncomfortable emotions.
I’m not here to stay. I’m not here to stirr things up. But I believe many people in here are intelligent enough for me to express the simple idea that we must ask ourselves what role we play in all of this. Careful not to waste your life online; the Internet doesn’t show you how the world and the people in it truly are.

We discuss real issues. This is not just the internet anymore. News is not always fake. 

The pleasure the members of this cult are getting out of ridicule and mockery of «devils» is worrisome

So should we start Praising devilry? 

. I’m writing this because I assume that the majority of you are living in countries suffering from polarization – particularly among political lines – like the US. There is a time when we have to ask ourselves: How am I contributing to the ills in this world?

By not doing anything, not even discussing it and demonizing those who are willing to criticize and discuss and wearing a faux hat of false spirituality of simply being a bystander to all human condition. 

If your diagnosis of society’s problems is that there aren’t more people like you, then you are part of the problem.

It's not about ideology or dogma but consciousness. 

If your solution to society’s problems is that “the others” should cease to exists for only the pure hearted and conscious ones to remain – then I urge you to look around and ask yourself if that is truly the path you want to be on. You’re not as unique and special as you think.

Why not? Why not want the society to be more conscious? Or should we regress to stone age now? 

It doesn’t matter how much work you’ve invested into yourself. If you ever find yourself feeling strong negative emotions towards an individual or a group of individuals

Do not demonize negative emotions. Negative emotions are necessary. We are not living to be Jesus Christ but to be conscious human beings. 

or you feel ignorance or even pleasure in seeing others suffer and your framework is one of winning and losing – this is when it gets essential to understand how little it takes for you to contribute to evils you thought only others were capable of. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

What kind of a speculative projection is that? What makes you think that if I criticized Hitler, I'd be the next Hitler? 

False equivalency? 

Humbleness for what. And why? What if people decided they aren't going to be humble? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Zizzero

On 2/18/2021 at 1:44 AM, Zizzero said:

There is a pattern

Humour is largely context sensitive, so open to re contextualization that in one situation, the humour is positively received, yet change the target of the humour, and how the humour is delivered, the humour is negatively received, and get offended. Consciousness may help with when or when not to use humour.