Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynnel

Best Sleep & Physiological data tracker

5 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to track my sleep lately to have more data to improve upon and was wondering what experiences you had with any of the following : fitbits, oura rings, different sleep trackers such as dreem.

What are the pro and cons to each one of those or any other trackers you are using ?

Most and foremost I would like to measure the quality of my sleep to optimize that properly so the data has to be as accurate as possible for that purpose.

I care less about the sport accuracy measurements and the next most important point after the data accuracy would be the ease of usage, e.g. not to have to charge it every two days, being able to barely notice it, etc.

Any suggestions & feedback are very welcome ! :) 

Most of them are overrated, overpriced and provide you with unreliable data often lacking evidence in interpretation. For example, the new apple watch evidently tracks your oxygen uptake? How on earth are you gonna do that without being locked into a metabolic chamber and having a respirator hose covering your mouth and nose. That being said, you can probably find fairly accurate heartbeat trackers, that sort of technology has advanced well just make sure to use the chest belt s that seems to be more effective than the wrist tracker. The sleep tracking is also a bit funny, again t do that accurately you need to hook people on the cardiometabolic thingy and monitor their breathing, their co2 output, it's not just the heartbeat that is important. 

However I've sen aura ring recommended widely even by people I have high regard for and whose opinion I respect.  It is not cheap but unlike Fitbit, it does not get in the way the moment you try to do something like a pushup. 

On 16/02/2021 at 9:40 PM, Lynnel said:

I care less about the sport accuracy measurements and the next most important point after the data accuracy would be the ease of usage

Oh man, you're the dream of every marketer :D Make the toy fancy but no need to make it too accurate. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Oh man, you're the dream of every marketer :D Make the toy fancy but no need to make it too accurate. 

I meant that I don't care about the accuracy of the number of steps for instance :P

So for you the data even from an oura ring is not accurate enough to be valuable ?

5 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

I meant that I don't care about the accuracy of the number of steps for instance :P

haha fair enough ;)

5 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

So for you the data even from an oura ring is not accurate enough to be valuable ?

Some data yes, I would say heart rate, steps and the simple mechanical data can be tracked easier but some of those function, I dunno sounds too simplistic to be very accurate. But check some reviews and see for yourself :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus