Pm Me Famous Quotes

Implications of Materialism in the Scientific Community

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals! This is my topic for a research paper I'm writing for school. I'm interested in exploring how a materialist paradigm can limit our current scientific methods like Leo discussed in his "Deconstructing the Myth of Science" series and his videos on materialism. I plan on talking about these limits as well as exploring other possible metaphysical worldviews and their respective implications. For this process, I need to provide 6 academically accepted sources to research from. This is where YOU beautiful people come in! I am already going to cite "Why Materialism is Baloney" by Bernardo Kastrup and "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. Any other sources that y'all know of that could be relevant, send that shit my way! Furthermore, although it wouldn't be relevant to the paper, I would love to have a discussion with anyone about this subject and here your own personal thoughts! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAAWW

@Pm Me Famous Quotes will this discussion occur on this material forum, between a material you, and a material me?  This paper you're writing.. will it be on actual paper, or imaginary paper? 

Jokes aside,

If an imaginary reality that persistently seems material is indistinguishable from one that's actually material, does it 'matter' (see what I did there?) which is the case? 

PS.. just questions to ponder.. I won't be commenting further, at risk of being banned. 

Good luck on your imaginary paper!

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle I would say it  ;)matters;)  when we have phenomena that is unexplainable within a strictly materialist paradigm and would be perfectly explained in a different paradigm.

2 hours ago, Pm Me Famous Quotes said:

For this process, I need to provide 6 academically accepted sources

Ha

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Pm Me Famous Quotes Stop trying to prove things to fools and start pursuing truth for yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Pm Me Famous Quotes said:

I need to provide 6 academically accepted sources to research from.

You can take a paper from some naive materialist and rip it apart with arguments, isn't it? It should be easier to get to 6 or more papers that way, haha.

@Leo Gura When you were creating your content on materialism, did you study anything or was it entirely contemplation and your own conclusions?