Phyllis Wagner

Where does my consciousness end and the trees consciousness begin?

68 posts in this topic

The problem is that you are trying to understand this using dualistic categories such as self vs other, one vs many, and all these categories collapse at high levels of consciousness such that your questions cannot even be formed.

You assume there is an objective difference between one vs many illusions, but no such objective difference exists, it is imaginary.

God has infinite power, but your human intelligence is incapable of understanding why it chooses to deploy its power as it does. You find it lame, that's just your limited view.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that you are trying to understand this using dualistic categories such as self vs other, one vs many, and all these categories collapse at high levels of consciousness such that your questions cannot even be formed.

You assume there is an objective difference between one vs many illusions, but no such objective difference exists, it is imaginary.

God has infinite power, but your human intelligence is incapable of understanding why it chooses to deploy its power as it does.

Fair enough, but why do you not talk about this in your video about the ultimate structure? According to you now that video has a lot of shit missing that should be there if the video is titled “the ultimate structure of reality”

@Mythos You have to understand that any time I talk about God/Infinity it is just a rough ballpark. It's never going to be precise because the infinite cannot be made finite.

I could talk for 10 years and there will be shit missing. All my videos have lots of shit missing and they are constantly improving. Every day my understanding deepens.

These videos are pointers to things you should be seeking yourself.

The map is not the territory.

If you wish to be wise, realize that you cannot get to God through my answers.

@Leo Gura Thanks for your answer, it is indeed wise to go for your own experience especially spirituality, I am working on that. 

But is it very wise to say in that video “This is the deepest understanding of reality that you can possibly have” ? This does not really give off that “take with a grain of salt and go for your own experience” vibe, even though I still think that video is one for your best nonetheless.

So the concept of “fragments of consciousness”, do you still think it’s a valid concept after your new understanding? Because that was a very fundamental concept in that video.

@Mythos That reality is Love, is still the case. That was the gist of the video.

When I say "fragments of consciousness" this is a relative description of things.

The problem is that God can be described from different levels of description, using different paradigms, none of which is ever quite right.

I still speak of other humans and beings, but this is bracketed in my mind as relative speech. It is not absolutely true. I speak of them because we operate within that relative paradigm most to the time. But deep down in my deepest understanding I know other people are imaginary. But I don't treat them as such most of the time because it is not practical.

Hold my descriptions more loosely. This will save you some headaches.

Keep in mind, the things I try to communicate and describe are so far out there that I struggle and rack my mind just to figure out how to articulate them. My articulation improves over time as I find better ways. "Fragments of consciousness" is not a very good articulation if we're talking about the highest levels. It's best to think of that phrase in this context: IF you assume/imagine that others exist, THEN the things I said about fragments of consciousness apply and hold true. But IF you become so conscious that you realize others are just imagined by your mind, THEN there are no fragments of consciousness to speak of since they were just figments of your imagination.

Since most of you guys imagine others are "real", that's the level I'm talking to most of the time. I'm sorta meeting you half-way within your paradigm. Otherwise things sound very radical and alien because I would be talking from a totally disconnected paradigm from yours. Bridging these paradigm is basically impossible, but we try.

Better to ask first:

What is Consciousness?

Who am I? What am I really?

What is that (‘that’ being your experience of the object )? Maybe there’s nothing ‘there’.

Then maybe the assumptions from which your question is made are seen as fundamentally false.

Edited by Arzola

I haven't heard all of Leo's episodes on consciousness yet (I am quite new to Actualized), so I'm sorry if this is redundant. I just took notes on this video for myself today and thought some of you might find it helpful too. I will try to catch up on Leo's soon. 

"Connecting with a Conscious Universe" with Ervin László 

László is a spiral dynamics stage Turquiose, according one of Leo's videos. Some bits of the transcript are pasted below..

07:07 - The great scientist Max Planck said, after 40 years of studying the deepest elements of this physical reality--which means the atoms--"I can tell you one thing, there is no such thing as matter in the universe."

10:15 - What quantum science teaches us--any part of a quantum system is not local. It's also present in every other part. You can't act local. There is nothing local. No causality. No push and pull, no affect and cause is local. Whatever you do is penetrating throughout this system. It's part of that system, and we are part of the system.

17:45 - It used to be said that what we see is what we believe. We believe what we see. Both ways it works, sure enough. As a skeptic, we believe what we see, but also to recognize that we see what we believe. Because if we strongly disbelieve something-- you say, that's nonsense; that cannot be--you don't see it. The evidence may be there in front of us.

21:00 - I sound like a mystique perhaps, but I can quote none other than Erwin Schrodinger, one of the greatest physicists of our day, who said, "Consciousness is one. To use consciousness in the plural is to misapprehend it, to mistake it. There is no sense in which we can think of consciousness in the plural. Ultimately, there is one consciousness." And Einstein agreed. He said, "This is a kind of an optical illusion to think of consciousness as residing severally in each of us separately." We are one consciousness, one mind, and that same mind stems from this dimension which created all things in the universe--from the atoms to the amoeba to the seeds of the simplest plant to the algae to the complex organisms to societies of organisms to ecosystems to entire societies in our global society of human beings. It's all a product of this drive-- drive towards oneness, drive towards wholeness.

23:09 - because people who have near-death experiences, very often, they are in hospitals, and they're hooked up to instrumentation that shows the waves of their movement of their brain. And there are periods--not for everybody, obviously-- but there is very often--many, many cases-- when this is flatlined. The line is flat. The brain doesn't operate in any normal way. And during this period, the individuals are in a given setting, they're exposed to sights and sounds, happenings, and then they come back.

23:48 - And if they come back-- not always, but often they do come back to normal functioning--they describe in detail what happened during the time that their brain was flatlined. How is that possible? Today, even the greatest skeptics dmit that this is possible, not because they are convinced by arguments but because they lived it. There was a case of a famous Harvard neurosurgeon--Eben Alexander-- who spent seven days in deep coma, where there was no possibility-- as he would have said before--no possibility of any conscious experience. When he came back--which was half of a miracle, because he was given up by standard medical science--when he came back, he described in detail what happened in ways that are verifiable.

24:45 - We are no longer entitled to believe that all we are is a series of brain functions in the cerebellum, which produce, as kind of a byproduct, sensations. And these sensations, we call consciousness. So when you turn off the system, the sensations stop. Sure enough, they stop, but the sensations may exist outside the brain.

26:46 - ... known as distributed information. Information is most local. And we can say this cosmic consciousness, which is present in all of us, is distributed information. It is something that we receive, we can decode. What the brain does is decodes it, it transmits it. It makes it perceivable. But doesn't just make it, that consciousness is present. So you might ask, so is everything that we perceive such a consciousness? No. Obviously, the inner consciousness in our mind, there are many elements that come from the senses. We see sights or we hear sounds. We taste tastes, etc. So our consciousness is filled with sensory information. The big mistake of modern times was that we saw that that's all there is. There is more to it. We all have experiences that go beyond the senses. They are called transcendental experiences.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:19 AM, Mythos said:

I thought you said that God is ultimately selfless so it wants to share its love with an infinite amount of others? Doesn’t your statement contradict your entire video “The Ultimate Structure of Reality Explained”? What happened to fragments of universal consciousness?

If I was Love i would split myself like you described in that video. Not just create one illusion. I thought the entire metaphysical appeal of “Illusion” is that you can actually create seperateness and have it be real. So why can’t God create multiple illusions? If God can’t even create multiplicity/seperateness using divine illusion, that’s pretty dissapointing. If solipsistic self-deception is literally Gods only trick how can you say You/God has infinite power. According to your logic, It clearly does not have that kind of power, it can’t even create a non-solipsistic universe but can only create a universe by living through one conscious creature only.
Kinda lame.

@Mythos That is a great question. "If solipsistic self-deception is literally Gods only trick how can you say You/God has infinite power." Well worded and well though-out. 

Release me.