Phyllis Wagner

Where does my consciousness end and the trees consciousness begin?

68 posts in this topic

If I am standing next to a tree where does my consciousness begin and the trees consciousness end? What about the floor I am standing on? Why does it seem to be so clear cut? Is it possible to experience both the consciousness of the tree and myself?

realization means the seer becoming the seen, another word for it is love where the lover and beloved become one

It is all the same Consciousness, manifested through a multitude of forms in different states of awareness, but seamlessly One. When you look through spiritual eyes, you see the same Consciousness in everything, including trees. Our sense of the holiness, and wholeness, with trees goes back to the earliest primal gatherings in sacred groves.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

Is it possible to experience both the consciousness of the tree and myself?

When a tree is seen, that is already the experience of its consciousness. The only problem is the idea that you are a human looking at a tree.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When a tree is seen, that is already the experience of its consciousness. The only problem is the idea that you are a human look at a tree.

But doesn't the tree have a kind of personal experience too? I can imagine a (compared to mine) alien beingness of the tree that has a distorted perception of time, no visuals, and maybe a vague sensing a of sunlight.

I can look at you as a person, but you have personal experience too right? It does not seem to be the same thing at this level.

Edited by Phyllis Wagner

Conscious ness is one and distinctions exist within it.
There is no "your" consciousness. Consciousness is equally yours as it is tree's.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

But doesn't the tree have a kind of personal experience too?

No

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No

why not? maybe has then"same" experience as "me" 

Edited by blackchair

If it can appear within consciousness, you can say it has a beginning. If it can disappear within consciousness, you can say it has an end. For things that have beginnings and ends to appear and disappear they must appear and disappear within something that has no beginning or end. That something is what you really are. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

21 minutes ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

Do you have a personal experience?

I am a schizophrenic projection of your mind. You are talking to yourself.

I am you and you are me. Ta-da! ;)

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I kind of get it but I really don't. I understand there is only thing experiencing something. But are the limited experience running simultaneously like in an MMO or is my condensed human experience the only one that exists (solipsism)?

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

:x:x:x

43 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Try investigating this in a lucid dream. 

thank you for the advice, but i simply dont have time to develop lucid dreaming right now, maybe in the future

19 minutes ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

But are the limited experience running simultaneously like in an MMO or is my condensed human experience the only one that exists (solipsism)?

Depends how conscious you are.

If you become infinitely conscious, you'll find that all those other simulations are just fragments of your own mind.

You are God. There is no one outside you and you are creating the entire thing using your intelligence.

Yeah, it's fucked up. Which is why the Truth isn't talked about much. It needs to be kept a secret for the game to run. It's how you keep yourself playing.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

wich is why the Truth isn't talked about much. It needs to be kept a secret for the game to run.

i dont think this is true anymore;)

13 minutes ago, blackchair said:

thank you for the advice, but i simply dont have time to develop lucid dreaming right now, maybe in the future

That's fine. I suppose it's dependent on how burning this question is for you. I expect it might be, since you responded when I was saying it to the OP. ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God. There is no one outside you and you are creating the entire thing using your intelligence.

Yeah, it's fucked up. Which is why the Truth isn't talked about much. It needs to be kept a secret for the game to run. It's how you keep yourself playing.

Let me ask you this.. Is it 'you' who is no one outside of him or 'me'? (relative me vs you :Leo vs Akshay) Because you are saying it works like a dream where there is only ONE Dreamer dreaming the WHOLE THING....So you are not open that simply there can be two dreamers or 7 billion separate dreams? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho