Javfly33

Why I find this present moment not enough, not 'full' or complete?

42 posts in this topic

I just realize that when I'm not on drugs, I am almost never fine with being in the present moment .

Lately I've been sobering up, in everything, including even coffee 

I find myself having thoughts of future, like "ok, what I am doing now (going to the groceries) make sense because that way I am going to eat today enough so in the future I'll get more muscle and that will get me more confident which eventually will lead to other things which eventually would make me more happy".

So in a sense, the process of going to the groceries was bearable because it had a purpose.

But if not, if I would find myself unable to bear the boringness and emptyness of being in the present moment .

Why it's so difficult to be great with just being at the present moment?

Due to identification with thinking. 

Imagine, there a big beautiful ocean, but you choose to look only at one little drop, kinda meh. Let go of the apparent drop, you are the ocean. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Because you haven't fully grasped what survival is. It is you who is deciding that the present moment is not enough, for the purpose of survival. Mind interpretation and assertion of value for circumstance is completely fabricated to serve your survival. Thus, your energies are not directed toward what is, but toward what isn't. 

You should really work on contemplating what "boring" really is, and the self-referential nature of personal experience. Get that every distinction and every "charge" or "value" in your awareness - whether perceptual or conceptual (green, high pitched voice, sour, slow, ugly, good, boring, delicious) - is revolving exclusively around your survival.

Being conscious of the self principle, does not mean that you stop being a self. You can still strive for personal achievements and develop your 'character', but you will be more free of your attachment to your adopted ideals - because you will see them for what they really are, fabricated and conceptual reality adopted and designed by your self (with much contribution from your family, friends and society at large). Being free of this predicament will allow you to adopt a more healthy relation to the Now, and align your self with what is true.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to experience directly how every aspect of your experience is designed for survival of the self.

25 minutes ago, Batman said:

Because you haven't fully grasped what survival is. It is you who is deciding that the present moment is not enough, for the purpose of survival. Mind interpretation and assertion of value for circumstance is completely fabricated to serve your survival. Thus, your energies are not directed toward what is, but toward what isn't. 

You should really work on contemplating what "boring" really is, and the self-referential nature of personal experience. Get that every distinction and every "charge" or "value" in your awareness - whether perceptual or conceptual (green, high pitched voice, sour, slow, ugly, good, boring, delicious) - is revolving exclusively around your survival.

Being conscious of the self principle, does not mean that you stop being a self. You can still strive for personal achievements and develop your 'character', but you will be more free of your attachment to your adopted ideals - because you will see them for what they really are, fabricated and conceptual reality adopted and designed by your self (with much contribution from your family, friends and society at large). Being free of this predicament will allow you to adopt a more healthy relation to the Now, and align your self with what is true.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to experience directly how every aspect of your experience is designed for survival of the self.

the spiritual journey is

boring to wisdom (see leo's latest youtube) to kingdom

survival to thrival to arrival

mind cannot be in the present moment so we need to meditate it into silence

the arrival of the kingdom is the beginning of no mind

then we good

49 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Great question :) We desire partial objects, to get a fix of temporary pleasure and  yet it is wholeness which gives eternal happiness. Wholeness = the present moment, This. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Beautiful answer. Thank u?

Just recently I read this in a book:

You don't want to accept the ordinary. It's like: "This can't be it. Is this all there is to it?" That's what keeps you from recognising what it is - the expectation that it is not this, but it's over there somewhere, it's going to get better, brighter - whatever the expectations are, whatever you have been conjuring up in your mind.

At first I didn't like this and it brought up some negative emotions, mainly disappointment (oh, the irony). I couldn't let this go and started contemplating it. Then, after a while, bamm, I realized what this really means.

@Javfly33

Look at the Work of Byron Katie, maybe, it may help to release the ideas about apparent difficulties. ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

There really actually is no “separate self”. There are just thoughts about. 

magic+meme.gif

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

29 minutes ago, allislove said:

@Javfly33

Look at the Work of Byron Katie, maybe, it may help to release the ideas about apparent difficulties. ??

Thanks . Will check it out.

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

magic+meme.gif

Always love your GIFs ?

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

magic+meme.gif

Such a random answer xD

I like to differentiate between now and the present moment. If you stay in the present moment, you actually cling to the past, since the present moment is fleeting. Staying in the now means realigning your focus over and over again back to now, the most present moment. The problem is that your ego really loves to trick you believing that you stay in the present moment but actually clinging/attaching to a moment which has already passed by long ago. It can only grab which is graspable, so it needs reduced information before it can stay there. But the now is infinite information, so the ego can't grasp/grab it. So it reduces information, clings to that moment and calls it "the present moment", although it is actually a past one. So of course you must get bored, watching the same thing you've already watched since some time. But actually the thought "oh this is boring" is the new present moment. If you don't see that thought, you identify with it, believe it and stay in the so-called present moment which actually is none anymore - and get bored. The now is always refreshing, never boring. Being bored reminds you that you are actually attached to a past moment. Realign your focus back to the now!
This thread should give you more answers:

Edited by Exystem

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I just realize that when I'm not on drugs, I am almost never fine with being in the present moment .

first of all don't be identified with your ego-mind, "you" are not that which doesn't like you not being lost in thoughts 24/7. and also there can't be a single moment which you are not in the present moment. you are always in the NOW.

Mind likes to distract you from your true nature all the time! because hey, you are the source of your mind and everything else, what would happen to your ego-mind if you stay too long in the Now being aware that you are aware of all THIS?! the identification with your ego-mind would be break and  the mind would dissolve in it's source! it's as simple as that! everything that "you" do is an attempt to distract "you" from the present moment, the light behind all you experience which is actually you! you are pure existence, you are even when mind is no mind! you should see with a full realization for yourself how ego-mind manages survive This.

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, Exystem said:

I like to differentiate between now and the present moment. If you stay in the present moment, you actually cling to the past, since the present moment is fleeting. Staying in the now means realigning your focus over and over again back to now, the most present moment. The problem is that your ego really loves to trick you believing that you stay in the present moment but actually clinging/attaching to a moment which has already passed by long ago. It can only grab which is graspable, so it needs reduced information before it can stay there. But the now is infinite information, so the ego can't grasp/grab it. So it reduces information, clings to that moment and calls it "the present moment", although it is actually a past one. So of course you must get bored, watching the same thing you've already watched since some time. But actually the thought "oh this is boring" is the new present moment. If you don't see that thought, you identify with it, believe it and stay in the so-called present moment which actually is none anymore - and get bored. The now is always refreshing, never boring. Being bored reminds you that you are actually attached to a past moment. Realign your focus back to the now!
This thread should give you more answers:

@Exystem  Thanks very much for this and the post you referenced. I recall E Tolle talking about "frequency holders" Thanks to your posts I now know what he means.

Edited by dorg

you have to destroy javifly with a nuclear bomb, that absolutely not a particle of you remains. 5 meo is the answer, go on a retreat, and do 5meo until there is not a single molecule of javifly left, many times, those necessary. free yourself. I feel like you're close .I'm close too. 

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you have to destroy javifly with a nuclear bomb, that absolutely not a particle of you remains. 5 meo is the answer, go on a retreat, and do 5meo until there is not a single molecule of javifly left, many times, those necessary. free yourself. I feel like you're close .I'm close too. 

removing the identification with the imaginary "I" with sober methods like Self-inquiry sticks.

1 minute ago, m0hsen said:

removing the identification with the imaginary "I" with sober methods like Self-inquiry sticks.

Sober methods are a good preparation for the time of the truth. 

Cause you're imagining that it isn't

Here is a meditation: Sit down and let everything be. Remove your desire to manipulate reality. Allow everything that happens to happen. Welcome it. Your job is to let reality be exactly as it is without changing it. And then bask in that.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

The sense of self has to constantly perpetuate it's illusory existence.

In other words if it's not seeking it's dying ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, allislove said:

Imagine, there a big beautiful ocean, but you choose to look only at one little drop, kinda meh. Let go of the apparent drop, you are the ocean. ?

Great analogy, very poetic.