RoerAmit

Radical Honesty OR Manipulative pickup?

82 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Honesty can get you killed.

The chance of that happening is very low, at least in the West.

Most people today die of sickness, old age or accidents, all of which are unrelated to honesty.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

A machine is totally honest. A human is not. 

We don't want to hurt other people's feelings and we tell white lies. We tell ourselves lies too. 

If you tell your boss the truth about him if you don't like him or the truth about your colleagues you won't last very long.

Especially girls don't like the truth. I found this out the hard way. Males are more autistic/truthful. 

It kind of makes sense. Just look at all the sneaky/bitchy shit women do to each other. Males don't do this to each other. And if we want to be with females we have to play their games. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@Hello from Russia your gf didn't like your honesty per se. She liked your nonchalance about the fact that you are a high value man and that you have options other than her. Try to be honest about something that lowers your value in her eyes and come back to the forum to report. 

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Especially girls don't like the truth. I found this out the hard way. Males are more autistic/truthful. 

I think this is unfortunately true on average. It's like they want you to lie and play a particular game with them. From my POV it just comes across as needy, neurotic and annoying. This is just one of those gender differences thing I suppose. 

That isn't to say women can't complain about what they find annoying about men, ofc

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

The chance of that happening is very low, at least in the West.

Most people today die of sickness, old age or accidents, all of which are unrelated to honesty.

Most people ain't speaking TRUTH, so we don't have very good mortality statistics ;)

If you told your boss the truth he would almost certainly fire you :D 

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

I think this is unfortunately true on average. It's like they want you to lie and play a particular game with them. From my POV it just comes across as needy, neurotic and annoying. This is just one of those gender differences thing I suppose. 

That isn't to say women can't complain about what they find annoying about men, ofc

Girls are more biased to feelings. A mother's job is not to tell the child the truth but to make it feel loved. Conversely with father.

But most men are still so full of shit that it's close to a toss up.

If women are 1% truthful on average. Men are 1.5%. So in absolute terms the difference is minor. Constant lying is the default condition of mankind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Girls are more biased to feelings. A mother's job is not to tell the child the truth but to make it feel loved. Conversely with father.

Right

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But most men are still so full of shit that it's close to a toss up.

If women are 1% truthful on average. Men are 1.5%. So in absolute terms the difference is minor. Constant lying is the default condition of mankind.

Yeah I think this is what has stopped me in the past from just becoming full on incel mentality. 

Because when everyone (and yourself included) is so much full of shit, arguing a lot over the small fractions is just petty and egoic. If you're able to be "objective" it you'll see its fighting over crumbs. Because all people are liars

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao But the whole appeal of a woman (from a guy's POV) is that she's sweet and motherly, not a logic nerd. You are attracted to her precisely because she's not a mathematics professor. You're not looking to fuck Sam Harris.

It's important as a guy to realize that you want your woman to be feminine and to embrace the trade-offs that come with that. Don't use a woman to get to truth. Arrive at truth on your own and enjoy the woman for other things.

@Leo Gura yeah that's completely true. (I'm not gay) I can't be having doublethink standards now and want women to be me when I like them because they aren't. Embrace the trade offs 

LOL SAM HARRIS 

Edited by lmfao

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@lmfao But the whole appeal of a woman (from a guy's POV) is that she's sweet and motherly, not a logic nerd. You are attracted to her precisely because she's not a mathematics professor. You're not looking to fuck Sam Harris.

It's important as a guy to realize that you want your woman to be feminine and to embrace the trade-offs that come with that. Don't use a woman to get to truth. Arrive at truth on your own and enjoy the woman for other things.

Lol, check the comments under this channel's videos and your theory will definitely fall apart.

@AtheisticNonduality That's exactly what I warned you against. Stop looking for a woman who acts like a man. It's a trap.

Or, hey, if you want to bang Sam Harris, go for it. I don't care. It's your dick.

Sweet and motherly people can also use logic. 

Men who want women to be naive are the same men who want her to be helpless. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Girls can use logic, but when forced to choose between brutal truth and saving feelings, you will tend to choose to save feelings. It's a fundamental feminine bias. Not good or bad, just is.

@Leo Gura feelings are also a truth. 

Only the context is different. 

In all essence the lines between logic and feelings get blurred. 

Just like lines between masculine and feminine get blurred. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Preety_India Girls can use logic, but when forced to choose between brutal truth and saving feelings, you will tend to choose to save feelings. It's a fundamental feminine bias. Not good or bad, just is.

@Leo Gura

But not all women are primarily feeling-driven, some women are thought-provoked before valuing feelings, how are those women a trap?

9 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

@Leo Gura

But not all women are primarily feeling-driven, some women are thought-provoked before valuing feelings, how are those women a trap?

If you want to marry a girl who's more like a man/nerd, go for it.

I am speaking from the perspective of masculine guys who like feminine girls. The degree of your polarity determines what you want/need.

There are traps on both ends.

There is a trap in dating too feminine, then she's too dramatic and irrational.

There is a trap in dating too masculine, then she's too much like you.

Find your sweet spot.

Personally I don't need a girl who's a philosopher because I already got that handled.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to marry a girl who's more like a man, go for it.

I am speaking from the perspective of masculine guys who like feminine girls. The degree of your polarity determines what you want/need.

There are traps on both ends.

There is a trap in dating too feminine, then she's dramatic and irrational.

There is a trap in dating too masculine, then she's too much like you.

Find your sweet spot.

Personally I don't need a girl who's a philosopher because I already got that handled.

Agreed.

Edited by Abdelghafar

@ilja You need me to tell you what honesty is?

@Leo Gura accepting the deepest truth you feel in yourself at a moment and not perverting it when in expression.

Edited by ilja

2 minutes ago, ilja said:

@Leo Gura accepting the deepest truth you feel in yourself at a moment and not perverting it in expression.

Sounds like a wild animal pissing on the dinner table.