SamC

What's your tips for knowing when to push and when to slow down discipline wise?

30 posts in this topic

I get that this is something very contextual and something one needs to learn for oneself. If anyone have any tips/mindsets that have helped them strike this balance between discipline and letting go of the need to having to do the thing however, feel free to share.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

@Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

For me  reading this single quote had a tremendous impact on this matter:

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop

-Lao Tzu

If you think that you're being too hard on yourself, then you can let go. 

If you think something needs to be done with high priority, then you need to push. 

This is an intuitive decision that is dependent on situation to situation. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

When you are livewired to Source, channel it.

When your brain begins to melt, take a break.

The wisdom, as always, is the Middle Way.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

16 hours ago, blackchair said:

when im angry at ANYTHING, its time to stop, and relax and reset.

Lol

15 hours ago, Patrick_9931 said:

For me  reading this single quote had a tremendous impact on this matter:

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop

-Lao Tzu

Good one.

12 hours ago, Preety_India said:

If you think that you're being too hard on yourself, then you can let go. 

If you think something needs to be done with high priority, then you need to push. 

This is an intuitive decision that is dependent on situation to situation. 

Working on it

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

When you are livewired to Source, channel it.

How do you do that? And what does livewire mean?

make a plan ahead of time around what goal you want and how fast you want it.

If you make a plan ahead of time you know what to expect depending upon if you put in the correct amount of hours at the correct times or not.

This can vary depending upon the goal. But if you make a plan ahead of time like the night before you plan the entire next day for example, it's simple.

Either you followed through on your plan or you didn't.

43 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

make a plan ahead of time around what goal you want and how fast you want it.

If you make a plan ahead of time you know what to expect depending upon if you put in the correct amount of hours at the correct times or not.

This can vary depending upon the goal. But if you make a plan ahead of time like the night before you plan the entire next day for example, it's simple.

Either you followed through on your plan or you didn't.

@Byun Sean Yeah I know, my problem is not that though. My problem is that I want to integrate work and play so that I do more of both and not do the whole " balancing act approach".

Teal swan talks about it in these 2 videos. I want to do that but I don't get how.

1 minute ago, SamC said:

Yeah I know, my problem is not that though. My problem is that I want to integrate work and play so that I do more of both and not do the whole " balancing act approach".

Teal swan talks about it in these 2 videos. I want to do that but I don't get how.

in the end you either make a plan or you don't. If you don't make a plan then you will naturally go with whatever you feel in any given moment.

Both approaches give you different results. You choose. 

If you aren't happy with the results you are getting by being comfortable and going with the flow you can make a choice to make yourself a bit uncomfortable and commit to a plan.

For some goals in life if you want them bad enough you will allow some discomfort if necessary because you realize it's worth it.

@SamC

Also you shouldn't be focusing on how much work you will be doing.

You should be focusing on what you want and how bad you want it.

Like when I was putting in 4+ hours of spiritual practice every day toward my awakening process, I sometimes set a schedule but a lot times I didn't.

It was a burning motivation and fire inside of me for consciousness that fueled me to keep moving forward every chance I got.

If you realize something is truly valuable to you you will naturally do whatever it takes.

Some good answers and food for thought in these reply’s.

I’ve recently had to out myself and fess up to a meth-amphetimine habit that I thought I could get away with. This is only one example of where my self deception comes in and swallows the whole frame of reference posed by the question. It’s still a good question though,,,, Maybe by integrating all the methods and reply’s that’s been given, people like myself may stand a chance,,,

See Leo’s 3 part series on self deception,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

55 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

Like when I was putting in 4+ hours of spiritual practice every day toward my awakening process, I sometimes set a schedule but a lot times I didn't.

Did you get awakened? ( just curios)

55 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

It was a burning motivation and fire inside of me for consciousness that fueled me to keep moving forward every chance I got.

How do you cultivate that kind of burning desire?

16 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Some good answers and food for thought in these reply’s.

I’ve recently had to out myself and fess up to a meth-amphetimine habit that I thought I could get away with. This is only one example of where my self deception comes in and swallows the whole frame of reference posed by the question. It’s still a good question though,,,, Maybe by integrating all the methods and reply’s that’s been given, people like myself may stand a chance,,,

See Leo’s 3 part series on self deception,,,,

I meditated every day for one and a half year. I stopped because that itself became an neurotic addiction. Now I do it, but do hold it more losly. What I've found though, is that it's very easy to skip the meditation session now. It's hard, cause it feels like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. 

I want to let go of this whole dynamic where I feel like I have to do something yet at the same time do stuff that takes me closer to where I want to be. It's a paradox, a paradox I've yet managed to solve.

Edited by SamC

15 minutes ago, SamC said:

Did you get awakened? ( just curios)

Yes. Valentines day of 2020 I died lol.

Funny I was watching Leo's free will vs determinism video when it happened.

15 minutes ago, SamC said:

How do you cultivate that kind of burning desire?

What happened to me is when I started meditating It was something as small as wanting better focus for playing a video game I wanted to improve at.

It started at short 20 minute sessions.

Then as I started to notice more benefits in my direct experience I read up on it more. Increased my duration from 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

45 minutes. An hour.

Went on my first meditation retreat.

At this point the path was already fulfilling enough for me to realize that this its the main stuff I should be pursuing in life and the only thing that will

truly fulfill me.

At this point the path just took off like a rocket and I never needed to motivate myself. Meditation wasn't necessarily fun or easy still but I always spent hours on spiritual practice because I knew it was worth it.

@SamC follow your intuition. You know already. But do you know you know? 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

38 minutes ago, mmKay said:

@SamC follow your intuition. You know already. But do you know you know? 

I didn't know that, thanks ^_^

That's a very important & tricky topic.

I guess you develop this sense through trial and error. A therapist or a trustworthy friend can also help with that. 

I highly recommend this episode: 

(And also the book that Leo cites in that video). 

one day this will all be memories

32 minutes ago, kag101 said:

That's a very important & tricky topic.

I guess you develop this sense through trial and error. A therapist or a trustworthy friend can also help with that. 

I highly recommend this episode: 

(And also the book that Leo cites in that video). 

Thanks!??

2 hours ago, Byun Sean said:

Yes. Valentines day of 2020 I died lol.

Funny I was watching Leo's free will vs determinism video when it happened.

What happened to me is when I started meditating It was something as small as wanting better focus for playing a video game I wanted to improve at.

It started at short 20 minute sessions.

Then as I started to notice more benefits in my direct experience I read up on it more. Increased my duration from 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

45 minutes. An hour.

Went on my first meditation retreat.

At this point the path was already fulfilling enough for me to realize that this its the main stuff I should be pursuing in life and the only thing that will

truly fulfill me.

At this point the path just took off like a rocket and I never needed to motivate myself. Meditation wasn't necessarily fun or easy still but I always spent hours on spiritual practice because I knew it was worth it.

@Byun Sean How long did it take until you died? I also wanna die, any tips? Lol

8 hours ago, SamC said:

How do you do that? And what does livewire mean?

You do it by being Consciously present, not identifying with your thoughts, and allowing insights to arise naturally. By livewire I mean a direct, living connection with Source. Consciousness has a cadence, and will guide "you" if you let it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 hours ago, SamC said:

How long did it take until you died? I also wanna die, any tips? Lol

what helped me most:

1. Meditate or do spiritual practice precisely and with good focus (but don't try too hard or stress your mind out.)

2. Shorter quality sessions are much more valuable than longer sloppy sessions. (3 split up sessions of focused 20 minute sessions will likely give 

you better results than a single hour of practice where you lose focus halfway through. Its all about gauging how much you can handle in one sitting.)

Try to put in as much time and energy as you can but don't bite off more than you can chew.

3. Meditation retreats are awesome. Go on at least 1 retreat a year. Ideally much more if you are serious about enlightenment.

They put you in an environment where everyone is eating, sleeping, and breathing meditation and spiritual work

in silence. Consciousness work can develop a sort of momentum on retreats where your spiritual growth becomes more exponential.

Ex. On a 10 day vipassana retreat where you are doing mindfulnes/ meditation work 24/7 you will likely make more progress than doing just doing 20

minutes everyday for 6 months.

4. Try out different techniques.

Spirituality is complex af and thus no matter what any teacher or guru may tell you, your path is unique and you gotta find out what works for you.

You have a unique set of childhood wounds, personality, and thus road to enlightenment (back home). 

So read a lot of spiritual books and try a lot of different spiritual techniques until you find a few solid ones that work really well for you and give you

great results.

I personally got great use of self inquiry techniques, standard vipassana meditation techniques, and kriya yoga.

5. Expect ego backlashes, feelings of despair, depression, panic, etc, as temporary signs of your growth on this path. On this path it's not all butterflies

and rainbows when you are ascending to the next level of consciousness.

There is a dark side to this path and you gotta be careful which is why lots of research and professional guidance is

important.

You can really easily mess yourself up if you do a spiritual practice incorrectly for a long time.

Also a lot of times you might have

days where you just feel like garbage and

want to forget the whole path entirely. This is just your mind readjusting to the next level of awareness. Its purging all 

of your old baggage.

And then after that day passes you feel fine again and your ready to move forward again.

6. This is a long and messy journey. Most people spend decades of their lives pursuing consciousness and never reach enlightenment unless they are

spiritually gifted. I got lucky and was able to do it in 2.5 years. But you don't really know how deep the rabbit hole goes until you dig it up all the way.

Brace yourself, this is the hero's journey and the only road to the good life! 

Best of luck

GG GLHF

Edited by Byun Sean