Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilja

Frontex - European Border Guard - inhumane procedure

8 posts in this topic

Bringing you guys some non-american problems so you don't think the world is centered around the U.S.

The European border guard seems to be avoiding its responsibilities and operating under a judicial loophole.

Which is absolutely not surprising to me since its head is of course from Poland. I do not think it is a good idea to give that responsibility to an eastern European country. The people that make it to the top there are usually in a deep toxic nationalistic state of mind.

With English subtitles.

Frontex is more like an ICE/border guard/coast guard combo.

It doesn't matter if an Eastern European is in charge or not. There's no shortage of Western Europeans who figure murdering black people is part of the job description.

The problem is that the average European voter has been a racist authoritarian for about 20 to 25 years depending on how you're counting. Some of the smaller European countries have healthier politics and sometimes a responsible authority figure can mellow the populace a bit but generally, these are dark times. European reactionary propaganda is well-represented on this forum by the way.

37 minutes ago, commie said:

European reactionary propaganda is well-represented on this forum by the way.

What do you mean?

37 minutes ago, commie said:

It doesn't matter if an Eastern European is in charge or not. There's no shortage of Western Europeans who figure murdering black people is part of the job description.

I believe it does matter.

The probability of finding a western European making these types of decisions I believe to be lower. I cannot really blame Frontex for its violent policemen, since most of them probably are not far from the country the border breach has been at, so it is to be expected to have some Frontex guards from Bulgaria to beat or kill refugees, but I believe if it were a less toxic nationalist or exploitative profit chaser there would be better training and focus on deviations.

Another thing is that a westerner is more likely to face pressure in his country to have a standard.

But the guy is from France anyway, had a mistake there.

Edited by ilja

4 hours ago, ilja said:

What do you mean?

That right-wingers post drivel about Europe on this forum already, so it's not like the yanks here are unaware of Europe.

Or do you mean what is reactionary propaganda? That would be nonsense about "the West", fearmongering about people nutters figure must be Muslims, antisemitic conspiracy theories and the like.

Not that this completely pertains to the topic, but isn't eastern Europe HIGHLY xenophobic from the start? I know a lot of people who were warned to not travel to some countries (Poland, Ukraine, Russia to name a few), as xenophobic attacks towards visible minorities in those countries happen in broad daylight. I read somewhere that a lot of neo-nazi groups thrive in these countries, (it is said that Russia has nearly 50% of the world's neo nazi skinhead population, but I guess that doesn't pertain to this context as Russia is a non-EU nation), so I guess its not surprising that the elected officials of those nations reflect the racist, xenophobic, and highly nationalistic sentiments of their societies.  

@kray   yeah i dont even know why, guess of the neglected upbringing of children

Edited by ilja