Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[book] The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho [10/10]

11 posts in this topic

"maktub" - "it is written"

Spiritual Alchemy describes the term of making something good out of everything, mostly out of bad things. With alchemy, you create gold out of worthless metal. In this sense you turn every event and every situation into a chance. In everything negative you find somerhing positive and in every shitty person you will find a important teacher. The Alchemist knows the secret, this makes him powerful. He is a jedi-master!

This book is all about life purpose and following your calling...following your heart. It's rather short but very wise and even innocent, proving that amazing art does not always need sex and killings to make it amazing or "grown up". It's the story of a young boy who travels to a foreign land to search for his calling.

I love this book very much and recommend this book to anyone and everyone! Since it is a very nice novel and still one of the best self-help books ever written. It was probably the first self-help book I have ever read, and it is my favourite to this day.

Edited by The Alchemist

I personally found this book not that good

before I bought it , I had read many good reviews so my expectations were very high. When I had read it I was disappointed.

I personally think it looks too much like a religion. I am a logical thinker.
or maybe I did not get the message behind the book.

Bastiaan

32 minutes ago, bastiaan said:

I personally found this book not that good

before I bought it , I had read many good reviews so my expectations were very high. When I had read it I was disappointed.

I personally think it looks too much like a religion. I am a logical thinker.
or maybe I did not get the message behind the book.

Bastiaan

We can talk about it. :) Why did you think it was like a religion?  Also would you consider yourself to be an solid atheist?

This book is definitely for "heart-centered" emotional people, not computer programmers, hehe.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This book was an interesting read for me. I found myself staying activate throughout the pages, looking at every line from many different angles for a message or deeper meaning. Read it every few years for the best effect!

It was such a sweet book, with a simple story but a deep spiritual meaning. I recommend it for "starters" who want to read something easy about fate and presence. I could read it in 3 nights just before sleeping and sometimes I had dreams about pyramids too :).

@Woody Yep exactly, it's more for starters but the message is for everyone and this book got a magic to it that is wonderful. 

On 8 February 2016 at 10:39 PM, Guest said:

"maktub" - "it is written"

One of my favourite books! It's really quite magical :)

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

Just finished reading this one. 

Pure Wisdom. Every sentence is an entire book. 

Read this one if you need inspiration to make changes in your life. And yeah, I think you got to be an emotional type to make it resonate. If you are, this book will blow your mind... and heart. 

I have this one ...It was nice and quite emotional ...I remember the hole story until today

Lets say thet this book got me in to reading ..its like for the first time tasting sugar..