Scholar

Leo why are most philosophers moral objectivists?

34 posts in this topic

@Scholar I agree 100%. But I'm not talking about personal will, rather the animating force of the universe. Also I'm talking about how we should use our minds or how we should construct our thought systems. It should be constructed in a way where we don't try to go down the rabbit hole of trying to justify virtue. The only other option is to just say "I affirm it". Again, we are playing the game of thought systems here. It might not make sense to play that game in higher states of consciousness, but if we are gonna play the game then this is how it's should be played.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

16 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

@Leo Gura it's not necessarily bad but necessary, because we are survivalist creatures. so individual self-preservation is projected into the crowd, hence rape being considered bad. 

First of for who decided servival is evil. this tought is evil itself. servival by itself is truth. @Leo Gura this kind of idea will get you jail. preach high standard moral values. 

Edited by Conscious life
missing thing

18 hours ago, Scholar said:

To me it looks like the way philosophy is done is in some form fundamentally flawed, but at the same time it is tricky to reveal this because it is so well hidden in the vagueness of language.

It is fundamentally flawed in that it is selfish. The mind's job is to be selfish while denying its selfishness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Conscious life

You are missing love realization ot fully understand what is being pointed. Because if not all this sounds crazy, doesn't it? Because we love even those crazy things with all our heart, not only what serves our egoic agenda. We love it all, there is no other way.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is fundamentally flawed in that it is selfish. The mind's job is to be selfish while denying its selfishness.

Yes but that non informative, because that's the case with pretty much everything.

Glory to Israel

This video illustrates it well when they go into meta-ethics. It just really looks like a language game to me. At 1:24:00 they start talking about this.

Glory to Israel

39 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Yes but that non informative, because that's the case with pretty much everything.

It explains everything. You just need to lose the self to understand it.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

It explains everything. You just need to lose the self to understand it.

Yes but I was hoping for a more indepth analysis rather than just this. I mean you could also make a video saying "It's all self bias guys", and it would explain everything too, in this sense.

Glory to Israel

53 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Yes but I was hoping for a more indepth analysis rather than just this. I mean you could also make a video saying "It's all self bias guys", and it would explain everything too, in this sense.

Plato feared that the sophists would lead to the collapse of society, so he created form/idea theory. Kant loved Newton too much to accept Hume's skepticism, so he wrote Critique of Pure Reason. Sometimes the self-bias becomes so abundantly clear.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I guess those are some bad philosophers then

87491169_2917170611676807_7852563255024156672_n-1.png

"Fuck out of here deontology boy"? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Plenty of contemporary Moral Philosophers who take a more Relativist view of ethics, you just won't find many of them before the emergence of the postmodern Value Meme and the advent of Social Construct Theory and Deconstructionism.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

4 hours ago, Scholar said:

@Leo Gura

Who would be some philosophers you would consider worth reading?

Read what's on my book list. Don't waste time on second-rate minds.

I like the distinction made by some in the Fourth way Work between acquired conscience and awakened conscience. Acquired  conscience is equated with morality which changes over time and between different cultures.

Awakened Conscience is claimed to be the same among all who possess it. One statement that frames this is that Awakened Conscience is the intelligence of the universe.

Cultures are an enforcer of acquired conscience and is usually what we all are loaded full of in our childhood conditioning to different degrees.
Maybe in the future when there are cultures with a center of gravity in tier two SD, this conditioning will be closer to awakened conscience. But now I’m speculating,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn