Jonson

Bad Trip (fear of death)

11 posts in this topic

I am 20 in college.

So yesterday i smoked some weez, i drank some cola and it was in the morning,  i didn't eat yet.

I got super high and i got extremely in the moment. I got weird feelings in my body.

I had this fear of dying. I also had the fear of getting enlightened. So basically there is always a moment that comes and the past is a projection on the now in a sense. I was feeling very weird and feared stopping to exist. 

Then it got better but still it was not too good 

PS: I also had these extremely solipsistic thoughts and thoughts about free will and where my thoughts come from and i got super scared

I felt like i will loose everything i know but at the same time i will know everything

I have to just put myself together , focus on my studies, get fit, find my passion etc. i should stop bs-ing myself

Edited by Jonson

Truth is death. What do you expect? If you don't want to be smacked with Truth stop doing consciousness-expanding substances.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Truth is death. What do you expect? If you don't want to be smacked with Truth

:x:x:x

I want to live a good life to be healthy and have good relationship, and i fear this stuff because i don't want to loose it , you know ?

Can you maybe give me some calming advice ? thanks xD 

You remind me very much of my own. I recently had a phase of existential unrest (not a bad extent) and sometimes even still today. Daily meditation is doing a good job for me. If you encounter Truth like on psychedelics, try to feel the greatness of it. Don't be afraid, there is nothing to be afraid of. Remind yourself that your Ego is scared, not the real You. Don't get tricked by your Ego too much, try to observe and acknowledge the tricks.

3 hours ago, Jonson said:

I want to live a good life to be healthy and have good relationship, and i fear this stuff because i don't want to loose it , you know ?

Perhaps it's better for you to believe this:

Fearing death = loosing all what you have

Embracing death = retaining all what you have & gaining much more

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Leo Gura

So you think weed can be a consciousness expanding substance? 

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

6 hours ago, Jonson said:

Living a 'good life' means making all sorts of counter-intuitive moves. Believe it or not, Truth will actually make your life better. But that's only IF you're ready to go for it. :) 

The reason that Leo's reply sounds scary is because it's only a thought to you right now. Truth doesn't mean your physical body dying. It's a more subtle death, if that makes sense. All percepts and sensations are still there.

Since you wanna be healthy, a good start for you would be trying out plant-based/whole-food diet. Grade into it slowly. And lay off the Cola. ;) It takes time, but in a few years you can have a diet that makes you feel amazing. And for relationships, read books and get as much experience as you can! 

Be careful bruvaaa, don't use weed every week. Give you anxiety and is addictive still. 

Also, if you do insist on smoking that terrible, lovely substance...make sure the cola your drinking is sugar free. Sugar kills the high for grass

Edited by Aaron p