ilja

The Animal Holocaust

63 posts in this topic

In case some of you haven't noticed there is one going on right now.  One of misery, torture, disease and obviously death.

This is a good collection of footage that helps conjuring awareness:

https://www.dominionmovement.com/watch

If you have not watched it, you should start now.

It is insane how most people's minds got disconnected from what animal products actually mean. The suffering is not imminent to them and marketing/culture painting the connection they have towards animal products.

Buying these is not at all like picking up a piece of plastic.

Strange how twisted priorities can become in society, which makes it harder to prioritize most people's problems and needs when this is put into relation.

Thankfully, there is an environmental and health component to this, but if it weren't for plant diets being healthier and livestock ruining the climate and bringing new diseases, so if our asses were not on fire, this would be going on for much longer, probably. Discouraging that the ethical concept is not enough.

Edited by ilja

Really good documentary.. 

We definitely need more awareness to stop cruelty. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Good work. I would say watching Earthlings was probably the last straw that made stop buying animal products. Along with reading Peter Singer and listening to Gary Yourofsky, it was really the images of that movie which drove home the reality of what we are doing. I still can't walk past the meat counter at the supermarket without my stomach turning.

I can watch those documentaries all day long and 5 minutes after I will be enjoying a nice BBQ.

So NO.

I think these threads divide people with the guise of bringing awareness

Mods close the thread please.

This is why I've cut out eating mammals a year ago. I still eat chicken and fish because I haven't figured out a consistent diet without this meat for nutrition. My long term goal is to go vegetarian. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Arcangelo what else will get people to stop participating in the systemic torture of animals? Also would you say that people in nazi germany who were against the holocaust were just unnecessarily divisive? This compassion might seems unfair or hyperbolic to you but it really isn't. The problem is that people are out of touch with empathy for these beings. I've never watched a documentary like this one before and people who eat meat should watch it, then if they still lack the compassion, so be it.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@Lyubov just switch meat for beans, legumes and nuts. They are some of the healthiest foods that exist. Find out how much protein you need in a day and get a sense for how much beans and legumes you need for that, it's not a lot. Protein overconsumption symptoms are more common than deficiency. If you need a boost at the end of the day you can eat some pea protein isolate, it's ~85% protein. Also supplement with b12/vegan multivitamin and eat a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds daily for omega-3. It's super easy.

Here are two recipes that you can make in big batches as a start:

https://thestingyvegan.com/spanish-style-vegan-lentil-stew/

https://healthiersteps.com/recipe/chickpea-stew-gluten-free-vegan/

I also recommend the how not to die cookbook.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

i eat animals. i say a little prayer in myself and thanking that animal for replenishing my body.

5 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I think these threads divide people with the guise of bringing awareness

Women's rights movements were dividing people in guise of bringing awareness.

I guess is was bad to have women's rights.

6 minutes ago, datamonster said:

This may help your good conscience, but it doesn't do anything for the animal whose life was taken needlessly.

not gonna fly with me. but ok

1 minute ago, blackchair said:

not gonna fly with me. but ok

it could fly with you, you just act stubborn for some reason. even though @datamonster has a caring position.

10 minutes ago, blackchair said:

im opposite of stuborn, im just listening "orders"....

stubbornnes needs to make you think you are being ordered for it to exist.

4 minutes ago, ilja said:

stubbornnes needs to make you think you are being ordered for it to exist.

i dont understand you, and i think that's ok, im playing with my niece right now, wish you the best in life. with love Marko

Wonder if the world quit eating meat and all animal products, what would that industry do with farms still full of animals, start killing them off without making profit and go bankrupt?

@ilja I've been transitioning to animal free diet and exploring with protein rich plant food. My ultimate goal is to go raw eventually. 

12 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Wonder if the world quit eating meat and all animal products, what would that industry do with farms still full of animals, start killing them off without making profit and go bankrupt?

@Natasha that is what the industry is already doing.

26 minutes ago, ilja said:

@Natasha good to hear, but why raw?

For enzymes. Cooking tends to deplete food of live enzymes. I also love fermented/pickled foods, like sauerkraut, etc that offers live probiotics. The only exceptions for cooking would be beans, potatoes, rice, buckwheat, quinoa, and other gluten-free grains.