Frylock

The senate acquits Trump

27 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think the real danger is not Trump but some new Trump-like figure who will try to emerge and seize hold of the foolish right-wing herd.

Yeah, but Nixon and Reagan did not put our country in danger like Bush and Reagan did. As a matter of fact with Reagan, many historians have considered him to be one of the best presidents ever. I don’t personally agree he was that great, but I don’t see how Reagan did a bad job overall as president.

13 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I don’t see how Reagan did a bad job overall as president

Reagan popularized and solidified the libertarian free-market capitalist lunacy which has been slowly eating away at the foundations of a healthy American government for the last 40 years.

Reagan's attitude had a very corrosive influence on government and arguably led to many of the systemic issues we face today.

Not mention the racist War On Drugs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Reagan popularized and solidified the libertarian free-market capitalist lunacy which has been slowly eating away at the foundations of a healthy American government for the last 40 years.

Reagan's attitude had a very corrosive influence on government and arguably led to many of the systemic issues we face today.

Not mention the racist War On Drugs.

Ah yeah, that's true. Yeah, I actually learned that from my dad. He said after Reagan was no longer president, that's when the Republican party became the most evil it has ever been, which of course still has been to this day. So, it's not so much that Reagan did a job with governing the country during his years as president, it's the unintended negative consequences of of what he did that caused the Republican Party to become an even greater liability to our country than ever before. Damn Reagonomics! 

I guess, the War On Drugs further promoted more racism within our country.  

Though it is also true that while Democrats and liberals become increasingly progressive Republicans and conservatives continue to essentially stay the way they are in their political views and beliefs. Hence, this has overtime contributed to an ever increasing divide between the people who are Democrats and liberals and those who are Republicans and conservatives throughout our entire country.

The US is a strange country.

History books will be written in the future about how the most powerful country of the beginning of the 21st century voted for an analog version of Hitler, how he has been impeached twice, and how conservatives helped him be acquitted twice even after a coup attempt that led to the death of five people.

People who voted for him will be ashamed for decades and will be ashamed when their kids will read books about this in the next 20 - 30 years.

Reagan was responsible for the “welfare queen” right? Didn’t his presidency do a lot to stir up distrust in the integrity of poor single mothers? And generally scare people into thinking tax cuts are necessary to avoid the poor abusing government assistance.

@Hardkill he has a large base of crazy people who love him and would like to see him in office again, mainly people in stage blue development, I.e. Proud Boys types, etc.