StarStruck

The moon is a conceptual place

8 posts in this topic

Leo uses this phrase a lot but isn't it incomplete? 

I would say:

The moon is a conceptual place unless you have been there. 

And if SpaceX offers trips to the moon and you personally exp the place it is not conceptual when you are there. 

In Tate we trust

When you are 'there' and see the 'moon', it wouldn't be the same 'moon'. 

Anyways Moon is conceptual im both scenarios.

What will change will be appearances. 

Everything always is conceptual. Existence is concepts coming into being, ideas coming into being. 

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

When you are 'there' and see the 'moon', it wouldn't be the same 'moon'. 

Anyways Moon is conceptual im both scenarios.

What will change will be appearances. 

What about rover exploration vehicle that is on the moon right now? That is direct experience I think. 

3 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Everything always is conceptual. Existence is concepts coming into being, ideas coming into being. 

Ok. Soon going to start with Rupert. I hope it will become clearer after that. 

In Tate we trust

51 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

What about rover exploration vehicle that is on the moon right now? That is direct experience I think. 

You can try this exercise:

1. Get yourself a pencil.

2. Put it somewhere, and look at it for half a minute.

3. Now close your eyes, and move to the left or the right some meters. And then look again.

4. Inquire and contemplate how do you know that the pencil you are looking now is the same than before you closing your eyes and moving. After all, there is no evidence of it being the same. Appearances are different.

5. Become conscious that is you that is assuming and projecting that is the same pencil. You are imagining physical reality.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

The moon is a conceptual place unless you have been there. 

Even if you have been on the moon in the past, the moon is still a concept right now. Memories = concept.

And if you were on the moon right now, "the moon" would still be a concept. You never encounter a "moon". Only grey rocks. 

(you don't even encounter "grey rocks". You 'encounter' only raw being. "grey rocks" is a label you project onto it)

Edited by GreenWoods

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

You can try this exercise:

1. Get yourself a pencil.

2. Put it somewhere, and look at it for half a minute.

3. Now close your eyes, and move to the left or the right some meters. And then look again.

4. Inquire and contemplate how do you know that the pencil you are looking now is the same than before you closing your eyes and moving. After all, there is no evidence of it being the same. Appearances are different.

5. Become conscious that is you that is assuming and projecting that is the same pencil. You are imagining physical reality.

I get that.

52 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Even if you have been on the moon in the past, the moon is still a concept right now. Memories = concept.

And if you were on the moon right now, "the moon" would still be a concept. You never encounter a "moon". Only grey rocks. 

(you don't even encounter "grey rocks". You 'encounter' only raw being. "grey rocks" is a label you project onto it)

When I look outside my window I see the moon, it is round. I don't have to be there on the surface.

In Tate we trust

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

When I look outside my window I see the moon, it is round. I don't have to be there on the surface.

You don't see the moon. You see a white disk.