sleep

How to form genuine friendships? Is it even possible?

28 posts in this topic

On 16-2-2021 at 9:48 AM, sleep said:

It's not that I think I'm unworthy of friends, it's that certain aspects of my personality make it hard to get along with people. For example, I'm rather introverted and have difficulty feeling a sense of connection with other people.

That's what I thought. Until I met the right people.

There's incredible connections to be made! After 28 years of thinking I'm weird, I met basically my brain-twin who thinks so much alike it's insane.

Gotta put yourself out there, though. Introversion is not an excuse

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I think being as honest as possible is a good start.  

Also, it might take time to develop meaningful relationships, and you will probably have to put in effort to make it happen.

Positive interactions = foundation of a friendship, but not what takes it above and beyond.

Vulnerability.

Consistency.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

best way to make friends is to just have pure intentions. if you are a cool person they will attract to you 

I agree. Just go out there and have fun! I'm introvert myself and I also found some as weird as me in one of my travels. It's quite surprising because I always thought that I will always be the oddball. But thats not the case ;3

@sleep To add you must at all costs strive for your own unique understanding of your relationships. And that is a thorough kind of understanding you must strive for.

This is the most important element in understanding, creating and acting in a relationship.

Understanding describes the limits of what you can achieve in the relationship in all ways. Thus the total circumference of freedom, creativity and chaos possible within a relationship.

Understanding describes what you can and can't do, go, say, be, see, know and feel in a relationship.

How will you be able to empathise without understanding? 

If it's a romantic relationship, how will you be able to fuck them like they've never been fucked before? 

How will you be able to know them so well (starting with yourself) that you avoid all necessary arguments while still bringing challenges as they need to arise but only in a way that reflects the best kind of understanding on how to do so relative to one another?

How will you be able to understand yourself and them so well that if they have a major accident, injury, trauma, disability, etc, etc, you'll not only be loyal throughout but you'll be the best kind of support they could ever hoped to have imagined?

How about their sense of humour and your sense of humour, how are you going to accommodate this and each other's imaginary worlds so well that it becomes an ongoing enriching experience to communicate beyond the boundaries of one's sensibilities here?

Understanding, which starts with awareness and then via the refinement of memory through reason.

Edited by Origins

9 hours ago, Origins said:

To add you must at all costs strive for your own unique understanding of your relationships. And that is a thorough kind of understanding you must strive for.

I agree, without your own understanding, you might just swim in meaningless ideas others have put inside your head and not be able to make sense out of any of them. It is wise to reflect on the kind of friendships you've had, see what you have enjoyed and perhaps give what you want to receive. Create some boundaries as well for the people you want to keep in your life.

@bejapuskas that’s interesting, what has been your philosophy in general concerning relationships? How would you execute the idea of boundaries across multiple situations? For me I rarely consciously think about it unless there’s an issue, or do you mean boundaries in terms of keeping people in? Like a dungeon? :P Because you did in fact phrase it like “create some boundaries as well for the people you want to keep in your life.” Yes.... Boundaries... Do you give them prison yard time, a little daylight once a day to do a workout perhaps? 

In the White House among the Clinton’s boundaries would be in the form of bribes, extortions, contracts for facilitating boundaryless acts :P 

First half being serious second half just kidding around of course ;) 

I don't know what's with the reply box, or if it's a problem on my end but it's giving me formatting issues and not letting me tag people correctly. Anyways, thanks for those who have answered, I'll take your advice in count. Also, thanks for the video, matt. I'll see if I'm still having issues later and try to give a more in-depth response.