Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Origins

Universal Selfhood: Journal on Pain - Dislocated Shoulder Example

22 posts in this topic

Someone asked me recently a question on what my experience of knowingness was and my meaning of that, here was my brief low latent inhibition response:

Knowingness... Well it's obviously experiential, then it spans out from inside that lens with a maximum and minimum degree of resolution and spectrum. We have quality and degree of course, quality, from sense to intuition to feeling to awareness to reason followed by weighing the integrity of those against one another. Degree, this is of course the most difficult of problems, for the degree of our reason and intuition describes the nature through imagination just how broad of a spectrum of knowing we're missing out on because it simply isn't a part of our perceivable experience. How do I describe my knowing outside of this theorising, just awareness. Then my knowing is limited by that above conundrum, degree of my awareness, and let's say here degree is inclusive of quality and spectrum. I've been down the road of sense, intuition, feeling and reason, all of them have failed me, thus the only coin on knowing I have is awareness, including where they in future including awareness could not only fail me but save me. The latter here with simple survival value that expands much further. If I had of known this earlier, that is, not to mistrust these others but to stack them more correctly relative to the best awareness I could fathom, I'd have been better off and my awareness would be even stronger relative to now. Sense is to be honed, feeling to be sensed, intuition to be felt, reason to be scrutinised and awareness ultimately to expand and order all of these with intelligence and insight from raw and old experience using this intelligence. Again this refinement a subject of quality, spectrum and degree, this time just through the lens of this applied awareness; dominantly, as best as one can afford. Any individuation and integration a natural byproduct of this segregation. This simultaneously spans my comprehension of both knowingness and understanding, albeit each containing different viewpoints of the same thing.

---- 

To add,

But what's say about all those other modalities, I know. Whats say about the imagination, dreams, relationships even... I know, there's many nuances to explore...

Edited by Origins

Well, turns out no matter how much will power I have it doesn't just make a dislocated shoulder injury go away. I can play (music), practice and compose which has been a massive plus for me however well naturally (at least now I realise this) its just going to take a little longer than expected to get the smoothness I need to do decent recordings. 

Yesterday morning I felt great and I wanted to up my physio into boxing so I plan on getting a punching bag next week when I have the time but anyhow I thought a good substitute would be some styrofoam (I have heaps) that I could just lay into. Which I did. Felt so fucking fantastic. Tore that shit up. Thought I was doing my shoulder some good. I wasn't. Felt pretty tender later in the day, the same today but now feels better after I've given it more physio. [I know my theory is correct in the long run it just means I'll have to wait an extra week or so]

I'll be spending some time with my physiotherapist over the weekend so that'll be good. 

My personal motto is you have to learn to play with fire in order to tame it, that's just the way I live. So although it didn't workout for me I still consider it a creative act. Injury teaches us lessons. Never be afraid to step out into the darkness of life, that's how creating anything great starts at all. 

Naturally there's going to be a longer than expected delay on my release date but I'll be still fucking going at it, making sure I stay on track with keeping in with next months release. Anyhow, it's given me more time to focus on other important things I find value in as well as discovering a broader perception on preparation vs fire.

I've been smashing the treadmill lately as well seeing I can't do any weights. Just fucking gunning it (this time with good prep as opposed to what I did with my shoulder). 

Edited by Origins