Value

Most impressed you have ever been?

8 posts in this topic

What is the most impressed you have ever been when interacting with a master of an art/craft?

Hard to choose, but I would have to say Van Gough. I've seen his paintings around the world, and have been deeply moved by many of them. I remember one time they had an exhibit in my home town. I found a painting of his, shortly before his death, and it captivated me to such a degree that I couldn't pull myself away from it. My two kids were young at the time, and they kept asking me when we could finally move on, but it caught my soul, and refused to let go.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I dunno if I've ever interacted with a master, but...

• Daniel Day Lewis playing Bill The Butcher in Gangs of New York.  (also him in There Will Be Blood).
  • Michael Jordan highlight reel: one particular layup I have in mind (but basketball mixtapes in general I can really find some superb moves that blow me away).
  • Robert Bateman's nature paintings.   Soooo freakin realistic and beautiful.

... comes to mind.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Avicii - The melodies and composition of this legend is genius.

Edited by Skenderberg

@Value I once tossed my lunch bag into a trash bin from 30 yards when I was in high school.

Edited by Logan

When I first took a psychedelic, had an ego death, and broke out of atheism. I kept repeating "there's no way...it can't be!". 

When I first saw Bo Burnham special "What." on Netflix. I was legit blown away and amazed that someone can perform that way. I instantly saw a second time because of how good it was and recommended it to everyone in my circle.