Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mihaipaulstd

Struggling with creativity

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I am 20 yo and currently living with my mom. The challenges I had to go through forced me to get a job. I am quite grateful that I can work and sustain myself, but at the same time the words can't describe how much I detest it. The more time I invest in it, the more I feel it drains me of my potential. I notice it spreads throughout all the chunks of my being, from health to personal aspirations. (wish you can relate)

Leaving my job right now is not really an option, but I will seriously consider it in the near future.

What keeps me excited is my vision and the fact that I know someday I will not depend on anyone. Currently engaged in 2 saas projects that I'm passionate about.

However, it is getting harder and harder to keep up with it. Designing a web component I would have easily done 3 months ago is now a struggle. 

Can't put a finger on it, but I feel like I have to force my intuition instead of letting it unfold, chasing it instead of the other way around.

Meditation and better sleep have definitely helped me, but not as much as I would have liked.

How do you guys keep your inspiration rolling?

Any guidance, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mihaipaulstd

I am in engeneering school but my passion is to become a writter. I am almost always too drain to do some creative writting after school but I just force myself to do it for atleast 30 minites a day I also try to premeditate usually 20 minites so Iam kind of outcome independent. 

I struggle but a got some good results 

I think you dont need to be spend lots of time on it just need to make a habit and do it every day for even a short while. Or even during weekdays and weekends of.  

Creation it knows not, of striving & ambition, 

asleep it dreams in narratives; conditioning traditions.

Past & future hungers, struggles yours & mine,

Creation it can wait, for it creates the time. 

From the peace arises, limit, lack & rations,

the sleeper does not notice, from peace does come his passion.

Seek for her outside yourself; a common drunkard mess,

Creation is within, let out when you express. 

Stopping short and settling, for anger or frustration,

never feels the whisper, the emptiness, Creation.

Man sings it’s song yet carries on, for fear that he will fall,

while peace creates abundance, available to all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I have been through this before where my art just flows from me and I am creating one masterpiece after the next and then other times where I'm shooting blanks. When I experience this I just try to relax and not force anything. No need to freak out and feel bad about it. Journaling and writing down ideas helps. Anything to just keep the wheels rolling a bit. Focusing on sleep and nutrition and all that. Basically, no need to force anything, just keep doing what you're doing, studying and letting yourself enjoy the process of creation and just being proud of whatever outcome you get even if it isn't the one you expected. Remind yourself why you undertook this endeavor in the first place. 

On 12/02/2021 at 0:49 PM, kamill said:

I am in engeneering school but my passion is to become a writter. I am almost always too drain to do some creative writting after school but I just force myself to do it for atleast 30 minites a day I also try to premeditate usually 20 minites so Iam kind of outcome independent. 

I struggle but a got some good results 

I think you dont need to be spend lots of time on it just need to make a habit and do it every day for even a short while. Or even during weekdays and weekends of.  

Interesting. I would like to know more about your story. Thanks.

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

Creation it knows not, of striving & ambition, 

asleep it dreams in narratives; conditioning traditions.

Past & future hungers, struggles yours & mine,

Creation it can wait, for it creates the time. 

From the peace arises, limit, lack & rations,

the sleeper does not notice, from peace does come his passion.

Seek for her outside yourself; a common drunkard mess,

Creation is within, let out when you express. 

Stopping short and settling, for anger or frustration,

never feels the whisper, the emptiness, Creation.

Man sings it’s song yet carries on, for fear that he will fall,

while peace creates abundance, available to all. 

Just stunned. You made me aware of the shadow that's making its way in the middle of those scenarios.

It takes the form of anger, frustration and impatience, and it makes a lot of sense now.

Might as well do some shadow work and investigate further, no better time for it.

16 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I have been through this before where my art just flows from me and I am creating one masterpiece after the next and then other times where I'm shooting blanks. When I experience this I just try to relax and not force anything. No need to freak out and feel bad about it. Journaling and writing down ideas helps. Anything to just keep the wheels rolling a bit. Focusing on sleep and nutrition and all that. Basically, no need to force anything, just keep doing what you're doing, studying and letting yourself enjoy the process of creation and just being proud of whatever outcome you get even if it isn't the one you expected. Remind yourself why you undertook this endeavor in the first place. 

Patience is the thing I dismissed it seems.

Most of the time I get impatient and make rash decisions because those 'blank sheets' look like a waste of time and energy.

I think journaling might be the way to go, although its something new for me, make those blank sheets even blanker haha

Thank you so much @kamill @Nahm @Lyubov

Edited by mihaipaulstd

1 hour ago, mihaipaulstd said:

Just stunned. You made me aware of the shadow that's making its way in the middle of those scenarios.

It takes the form of anger, frustration and impatience, and it makes a lot of sense now.

Might as well do some shadow work and investigate further, no better time for it.

Reality is vibration, not even “here and now”. Do some light work. The light is herenow.

The “ego” “hates” expressive music and poetry because it does not conform to black & white thinking, it doesn’t fit in the box of what it knows & has. Envy frowns upon human expression. 

So when our friends are triggered, pretending they don’t fight, rhyming words in rhythms...prose be the kryptonite. 

The teacher spells the same thing, every single day,

“I can’t be found in twoness, yet nor is there to pray”.

My fantasy consumes me; I hang me, every word,

I seek reprieve, another place, a time to feel, be heard. 

I’d rather be free anywhere, than suffer what he’d said,

all the minutes in this pew; for bullets in his head. 

Does he not know who I am, or that which I can do?

If he was me maybe he’d see, we can’t all cut life loose.

He laughs out ways of letting go, of changing thoughts like shoes,

insisting that it’s possible, “tis I who writes the blues”. 

Retired are the wise men, to us they sound like fools,

they don’t know reality, nor help with what to do. 

Today upon my waking though, that sleep - it lingered through,

a’glimpse I’d been, no in-betweens, now & then; not two!

Nothing I’d forgotten, no thing I can not lose!

Expression is creation, no thing just passing through. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Recently I've been reading Wallace Wattles' book Science of Success... I found that this type of self-help, success, motivation book has tended to really inspire me. 

Creativity wise... 

• Create things... even small things.
  • Read new stuff.
  • Look at new movies or pieces of art.
  • Watch documentaries.
  • Psychedelics.
  • Contemplate.
  • Change your routines.
    • Increase contrasts in your life.
  • Sex.
  • Lean into fears.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@mihaipaulstd Jje6TW54ev8PtCmFefk4MD0CJ-ei49SAEkIk3yVA

From what I understood, changing mindsets and beliefs according to the above model can help.

For eg.

1. Imprinting a very inspiring vision of your Life Purpose or 3-5 year future. Visualization of the amazing opportunities, lifestyle, contribution, friends, financial freedom and complete abundance, etc. is very motivating and inspiring. You can couple that with your own why. Shakti Gawain's book on Creative Visualisation can give scripts for it. 10-15 min per day for few months reprograms the mind and one can feel his muse again.

2.Clearing resentments, fears, regrets, guilt, anger from the subconscious mind. It is important to note that we are talking about the subconscious mind here so you may not have cognition of all the blocks about the past as of yet but they may potentially weigh you down significantly. Sedona Method and journaling is good for this. Also a habit of reading self help books as that helps in recognizing the blocks. You can reprogram for past relationships that went wrong, money issues, circumstances, govt., yourself, god, etc. and that will start clearing subconscious anger, resistance, guilt etc. This is good for introduction: https://links.mindvalleyacademy.com/a/583/click/9255506/696852834/_4e8cd0dd43f4cfe7e16de7f411fec4fe1365774b/ddbbe68bf67e8df4dcb43f817b38433ee0b361b1 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7fIaCA3Qr4

3. Letting go of the how and attachment towards the vision. Nonattachment is not equal to nondesiring, in fact, nonattachment allows for the smooth flow of the flame of desire thereby increasing actual performance and results. Somewhat counterintuitive. Touched upon here:https://daringtolivefully.com/srikumar-rao-happiness as the if....then model. Here as well: https://youtu.be/bGBoXTaitr0?t=2388

You can apply your own touch and perspective to the model, per your needs.

Edited by captainamerica

You must have heard a lot about emotional intelligence. But have you been ever able to figure out how to use emotional intelligence? Probably not. This is the reason why you have been unable to unlock that creativity that hides inside you. Yes, you heard it right. We all are having that creativity but it requires effort to unlock it. Now you must be wondering what is this effort all about and what must be done? Well, to make it easier, when we learn how to use our emotions easily to impress the mind or we move our feelings into space, we reach the next level. We got glimpses of creative ideas that are powerful enough to solve our daily problems. It forces the mind to use that higher intelligence to get the right solution to the problem. As a result, we are better able to judge the situation at hand and able to achieve our dreams and goals that couldn’t have been possible otherwise. But to use that emotional intelligence you are required to have wisdom.