Leo Gura

Who Were The MAGA Rioters?

72 posts in this topic

Good stuff:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

so basically a quarter of them were dumb stage blue military folk and the rest were raccoon fuckers from some nowhere county that has only a waffle house open past 11pm. got ya xD

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

raccoon fuckers

Possum-country folk ;)

Here we go again with MAGA and ridiculing rural Americans. The rioters were not that many. If Norway had a population of 300 million people they would also have their own “MAGA” rioters.

Here is a radical idea: maybe progressives dismissing and arrogantly looking down on rural Americans is an integral reason for why they are so attached to Trump.

Edited by Vrubel

Wow, great in depth analysis. I wish we had these kinds of analysises in europe. US sure has an extreme amount of bullshit also in journalism, but this level of journalism is exceptional stuff.

Edited by Mythos

4 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Here is a radical idea: maybe progressives dismissing and arrogantly looking down on rural Americans is an integral reason for why they are so attached to Trump.

Maybe it's the opposite. 

58 minutes ago, Opo said:

Maybe it's the opposite. 

5 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Kernel of truth here.

But that's also overlooking two plus decades of Right Wing propaganda and disinformation that radicalized segments of the population to the point of being detached from reality, becoming prime candidates for being suckered into an Authoritarian Cult of Personality.

Add to that a declining standard of living and the decimation of the American middle class due to decades of destructive neoliberal/neoconservative economic policy, and you have the perfect conditions for the re-emergence of fascist right wing populism.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 2/12/2021 at 0:32 AM, Vrubel said:

Don't gaslight us with your BS.

Rural Americans don't want any empathy from "coastal elites" who they themselves have demonized for the last 30 years.

The tragedy of the situation is that Dems and progressives actually want to help rural Americans but the rural Americans are too ignorant to accept help and bite the hand that feeds them.

It's not our job to endlessly bend over backwards for aggressively ignorant people.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't gaslight us with your BS.

I am not gaslighting at all. Reasonable nuanced progressives see that demonizing rural Americans is not the way to go, and can get toxic very quickly.

Don't box me in, I am not a right-wing conservative.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not our job to endlessly bend over backwards for aggressively ignorant people.

You are kinda proofing my point here. The masses of People are always ignorant, especially when life is a real struggle, so what?

You can’t start a civil war like in the olden days to force progressive policy. Besides rural people are very diverse and not all MAGA.

I understand your frustration with the ignorance, but ridiculing and demonizing is not a very loving thing to do. Kinda setting a bad example in my opinion. 

It’s likr being frustrated at muslims that they have backward beliefs and in the process ridiculing and cavalierly dismissing muslims as people.

40 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

I understand your frustration with the ignorance, but ridiculing and demonizing is not a very loving thing to do.

If they didn't make complete clowns of themselves then I would be more reasonable. But as it is now, communicating with them is impossible. Their minds have been turned to scrambled eggs by right-wing media which they themselves adore.

Don't blame the insanity of the right on the left. They did it to themselves. To blame the left for what the right has be doing is gaslighting in its purest form.

The mind-opening conversations that need to happen to open people's minds take time and patience and cannot happen if you can't open your mind to them in the first place. Openmindedness starts with an open mind. I know, sounds crazy, right? 

People don't change because they are shamed into changing. If that worked you wouldn't have sexually abusive Catholic Priests and so many married Baptist Ministers who screw their secretaries. Shame causes more of the behavior that you seek to avoid. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Their minds have been turned to scrambled eggs by right-wing media which they themselves adore.

Example: Jenna Ryen. She is a real-estate agent charged in the Capitol insurrection AND runs a Youtube channel (SelfLoveU) exclusively to help people recognize narcissim, wtf.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jenna-ryan-capitol-insurrection-charges-says-she-bought-into-lie-2021-2

How ironic.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If they didn't make complete clowns of themselves then I would be more reasonable. But as it is now, communicating with them is impossible. Their minds have been turned to scrambled eggs by right-wing media which they themselves adore.

Don't blame the insanity of the right on the left. They did it to themselves. To blame the left for what the right has be doing is gaslighting in its purest form.

I never blamed the left. Thats just ridiculous of you to say. I pointed out a commen feature on the left which is not very helpful. And in my opinion even quite toxic.
I made a plea for compassion and self reflection. Because yeah, the “left” is supposed to be the more mature one.

And I have a bias towards questiong the common attitudes and beliefs of a group for the purpose of generating more sophistication and personal growth. In my opinion that’s the real purpose of debate.

Leo, I see you as a teacher and respect you but your attitude here is just something I can not go on board with.

6 hours ago, mavelezm said:

Example: Jenna Ryen. She is a real-estate agent charged in the Capitol insurrection AND runs a Youtube channel (SelfLoveU) exclusively to help people recognize narcissim, wtf.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jenna-ryan-capitol-insurrection-charges-says-she-bought-into-lie-2021-2

How ironic.

Holy shit that is amazing.

She knows everything about narcissism, but couldn’t apparently see it in Trump.

It isn’t just about the conservative echo chamber. These people are desperate. Storming the capitol probably gave their lives meaning again. They know something is wrong, but they don’t know why.

It also says she was in bad financial condition, which made her susceptible to conspiracies. Ironic when you consider that dems and progressives would have likely provided a much more stable financial condition for everyone.

Life is full of suffering, Buddha was right. Imagine being one of these MAGA guys and being so lost, holycrap

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha, that's one lovable southerner.
Yeah, finally some nuance: not all rural people are the same, and most of them don't care about crazy conspiracies. Johnny Cash is a rural American, are we gonna hate on him(;